Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Sends Message

staffva

I still am impressed with him - he's only a rookie.

Next year he will be more of a complete package - right now he's still a head-hunter - he had the presence of mind to break on that ball that he almost picked off - but his hands need work.

Either way - I'm glad we made that pick even though I wanted d-line - turns out we did need a safety after all, tragically enough.

If I'm being honest it was a good call and a rookie mistake IMO. That call could've cost us BIG, message or no message. He did have some good legal hits too, but he also dropped two potential picks. I think Laron broke about even tonight...he's still learning.

He will be a better cover safety than Sean.

However wont be as big of a play maker.

Anytime ST got an INT it could go for 6.

He also had WR like hands.

Uh, Landys hit was crooked guys. Come on now, the ball was way overthrow and was already on the ground when he came in and hit him.

I am not going to argue if the hit was legal or not. After all the great announcers that we had to listen to all night said that Landry had at least 1 second to decide not to hit him.

Who cares legal or not. It's the message that it send to the WR's in the league. They lived in fear of being hit by ST, I am not saying that Landry will ever hit like Sean did but it's important that the WR's in the league know they are still going to get pounded when they try to catch a ball against the skins

I agree that that hit was a message to be sent for Sean, but Sean was smarter than hitting that late.

Don't hate me though, because I love the fact that he made that hit, after that no one on the bears wanted to catch a pass.

Yeah, and I thought that personal foul penalty was a terrible call. What's Landry supposed to do - be able to predict that the receiver would drop the ball?

Being at the game, the hit was late. Great player, but definitely worth a flag.

I agree that that hit was a message to be sent for Sean, but Sean was smarter than hitting that late.

I wouldn't say that cuz Sean hit alot of recievers late and late out of bounds he just didn't get called for it that much!

Lol Sean was knowing for being dirty.

He use to make T.O and Keyshawn his *****.

He may not be the number 21 everyone is....was.....looking for over the middle, but he's making a name for himself and I for one love it. Remember 21 took more than his share of 15 yarders. Let the kid play and don't compare him to anyone, let him blossom into the the player we drafted; outstanding speed to cover any player and the hitting skills of a P.O.'d LBer.

Archived