Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor #21 Towel on the Redskins Store

iMeast

They will. Imagine 91,000 fans waving the towels. I'm taking mine everytime I go to the stadium. Nice hat on the site too with the t-shirt.

I hope this is something that will happen for years to come... I see the Steelers with there towel and how legendary it is. I really think we should do it to keep Taylor a legend in D.C. forever..:wavetowel

We truly have a classy organization, starting with Dan Snyder! The product on the field hasn't been great, but Dan truly loves the Skins and I am very impressed with how the organization has handled this tragedy..

I think i have found some great stocking stuffers!!

From JLC

Posted at 6:41 AM ET, 12/ 5/2007

Sean Taylor Merchandise

Got word that the Redskins will be donating the proceeds from all Sean Taylor items sold at redskins.com or at one of their team stores to the Sean Taylor Memorial Fund.

There is a ton of stuff on-line on the team website, including the rally towels handed out at Sunday's game. Those cost $3.99. I received some emails saying that people were selling them for $150 or more on ebay. Might as well get them from the team for a helluva lot less, and have the money go to this cause.

I'm not usually one to hawk anything - other than try to put some cash in the pockets of truly talented but horribly overlooked musicians - but given the circumstances here I wanted to get the word out since the inbox has been getting full of inquires about this topic.

Posted by Jason La Canfora | Permalink | Comments (7)

Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati talk bubble Technorati

Thanks for the info, also worth mentioning that all proceeds from the sale of these towels will be going to the Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund to benefit Sean's daughter.

Why aren't they selling jerseys and donating the profits to the trust? I am sure there's some licensing rule, but still...

Im so happy Snyder did this. Hes giving Skins fans a chance to honor Sean and also **** over all of those ebay ****s at the same time. Snyder really is a true Redskin fan and a great Man. All of the money goes to Seans daughter that makes me want to buy a couple for me and my dad.

While I agree that this is good that the profits go to a good cause I could see this coming.

I mentioned this in the EBAY thread. So many members were upset about the towels being listed on EBAY I mentioned that if Snyder started selling them your would praise him to the heavens.

While it's great that Snyder is raising money for Seans family remember at heart Snyder is a marketer plain and simple. That's how he has made his millions. If you buy peanuts at Fed EX field there is advertising on them.

Imagine in the malls a Sean Taylor towel and T-shirt in the window of the Redskins stores. Passing shoppers and fans are going to think, I want one of those and end up buying other Redskins items while in the store.

It's going to increase sales big time. I would do the same if I was Snyder, it helps keep the bootleggers from selling them also.

Again it's good for the family fund but I think I will pass on the Taylor items.

I will remember him in my heart ,and not with a towel or T shirt.

You are going to see guys selling T Shirts in the parking lots at fed-ex also , don't buy from them please

R200A_Taylor-S-S-Tee.jpg

that t shirt is great. I always wanted to buy T-shirts-for any sport- that had the players namepalte and number on the back with either the team logo or number on the front. I will be getting one for sure.

On a side note, does anyone know if they will make anymore Sean Taylor jerseys? I am looking for either a premier or authenitic, NOT replica.

Archived