Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were a GM, who would you cut?

redskins59

Lloyd, Griffin, and Daniels will be gone. Besides that we need to have a solid draft, make a couple of small moves, and hire a new GM and coach. I can't see this being a big offseason considering we are way over the cap. We need to bulk up on OL and DL depth, and add a possession WR.

Blittzburgh, regarding Addai, they said the same thing about Edgerrin James, but he hasn't been that productive in Arizona. That tells me Peyton Manning had a lot to do with Edgerrin James' success. People fear the passing attack more than they do the running attack. Addai is successful because of Peyton Manning.

No positive changes are going to obtain until we hire a personnel executive with experience :)

This team can make individual moves to acquire players that turn out very well, but until we have a SYSTEM to not only pick the individual FA or draft choice, we are not going to see a better COLLECTIVE TEAM on the field.

I think that has been clearly proven since 2000.

Blittzburgh, regarding Addai, they said the same thing about Edgerrin James, but he hasn't been that productive in Arizona. That tells me Peyton Manning had a lot to do with Edgerrin James' success. People fear the passing attack more than they do the running attack. Addai is successful because of Peyton Manning.

We'll have to agree to disagree with him then. The Colts let Edge go because it was time to let "someone" go. You have to remember that they had others on that team to re-sign that year and they opted for them instead. I cna't remember who offhand but it was either Harrison & Manning or Wayne and Manning. There was no money left for Edge and factor in his age, they opted to cut him loose.

He hasn't been as productive in AZ because their O-line was below avg last year. They made a couple changes, brought in Russ Grimm and look at this season. Like I said earlier, its not stellar but it is heading in the right direction and Edge has been much more productive this season.

I'd cut Campbell and get it overwith. He is not the future, unless the future is defined by losing year in and year out.

How about waiting for us to get a good offensive line and running game (they go hand-in-hand) before making a statement like that? You're just making yourself look ignorant by blaming the QB. :doh: That's like something a 10 year old kid with no knowledge of the game would do.

Honestly, from the outside looking in JC is the best QB the Skins have had in a long time.

Look at how young he is for crying out loud! Give him a chance to mature. He is NOT the reason why you guys are losing. He may be contributing right now because of his lack of experience but give it time AND build a team around him.

I would cut the dead weight on the team first. CP is a gamer still, some people don't remember, we had a healthy line last season, and look what Betts did. Without a healthy line, I'm surprised CP has done that. But you have to learn what the penalties are for cutting certain players and I don't think Danny Boy is willing to do that.

You're just making yourself look ignorant by blaming the QB.

So when someone asks the question specifically who I would cut and you do not like my answer, I am considered ignorant.

I never said Brunell, nor Did I say Collins. In fact, I did not elaborate on my desire to spend what it takes to get a sure thing at QB. I answered the question as to who I would cut.

So why don't you just go back to your hole and stare at the naked pictures of Jason Campbell you have hidden under your bed.

Honestly, from the outside looking in JC is the best QB the Skins have had in a long time.

Look at how young he is for crying out loud! Give him a chance to mature. He is NOT the reason why you guys are losing. He may be contributing right now because of his lack of experience but give it time AND build a team around him.

Only a idiot would cut Campbell. He has the arm,intelligence, character, and poise you look for in a young QB.

BTW...Who is this GM that will do better than Gibbs..Is he available to come here?

It's so easy to WANT the best player in every position.But what happens when you only have so much money and so many BEST players to hire ??

I didn't realize there were SOOOO MANY O-LINEMAN out there ??

Ones that make Jansen and thomas look like chumps.

Maybe there is a treasure chest of .5 million@year Starters out there.

So when someone asks the question specifically who I would cut and you do not like my answer, I am considered ignorant.

I never said Brunell, nor Did I say Collins. In fact, I did not elaborate on my desire to spend what it takes to get a sure thing at QB. I answered the question as to who I would cut.

So why don't you just go back to your hole and stare at the naked pictures of Jason Campbell you have hidden under your bed.

I respect your opinion, but I would personally give Campbell one more year. If he isn't productive by the end of 2008, we will need to find a new quarterback.

Ok...Let's take your post serious.Who will replace him ? How much will he cost? How long will it take him to learn our O. How well will he do behind a injured O-line ?

But, of course, you can't just cut someone without a solution. Besides, why make a new QB suffer with our broken o-line and running game when the one we have is entirely competent and eager to succeed? Give him a chance, jeez...

I respect your opinion, but I would personally give Campbell one more year. If he isn't productive by the end of 2008, we will need to find a new quarterback.

Now that is intelligent and proper disagreement with me. You don't like my idea or agree with me. And, I can appreciate that opinion. At least I am not called an idiot.

And, by the way, others (not you) claiming that the characteristics of Campbell that prove he will be good are poise and accuracy and youth, open a whole new set of discussions.

BTW...Who is this GM that will do better than Gibbs..Is he available to come here?

It's so easy to WANT the best player in every position.But what happens when you only have so much money and so many BEST players to hire ??

I didn't realize there were SOOOO MANY O-LINEMAN out there ??

Ones that make Jansen and thomas look like chumps.

Maybe there is a treasure chest of .5 million@year Starters out there.

It's called drafting O lineman....oh wait our GM gave up all of our picks. You totally missed the point.

You develop players through the draft. :doh:

I would cut brandon lloyd and Jason Fabini

then i would try to trade people for younger talent and or draft picks people i would look to trade

Santana Moss

Ladel Betts

Jon Jansen

Cornelius Griffin

Philip Daniels

Pierson Prioleau

Todd Wade

Shaun Springs

and i would adress the positions with the trades/ draft

Archived