Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP pissed off at OLINE

ChampSkinsFanatic

They looked like bears on roller skates, just awful

first off hahahahhahahah

second off. i had a great view from the club level of the game, and basically just about every single run there was absolutely nowhere to run. And the worst thing about it, there was generally nowhere to run in any direction. You'd see him get the ball and every hole would be plugged. It was literally unreal.....:2cents:

The O-line was terrible in pass protection today...

As far as the running game goes I put most of the blame on Portis...I'm starting to see what outsiders see about Portis...I've taken my B&G colored glasses off and when I watch Portis run this is what I see:

1.) He has no patience or vision...Too many times he just runs into the backs of the lineman and doesn't allow the blocks or his cut-back lanes to set up...When he does finally try to cut he's already up into the line and gets tripped up...

2.) He has a lot of heart when it comes to blocking but he has no elusivness or break tackle ability...He always goes down on first contact...I can't remember the last run of his that he actually juked somebody/made them miss/broke a tackle...

3.) He doesn't have that speed to take a play the distance or even get outside anymore...

I'm not sure what we can do w/Portis as it looks like we're stuck with him, but I wouldn't be against going out and getting a RB whether through FA or the draft...

As far as the running game goes I put most of the blame on Portis...I'm starting to see what outsiders see about Portis...I've taken my B&G colored glasses off and when I watch Portis run this is what I see:

1.) He has no patience or vision...Too many times he just runs into the backs of the lineman and doesn't allow the blocks or his cut-back lanes to set up...When he does finally try to cut he's already up into the line and gets tripped up...

2.) He has a lot of heart when it comes to blocking but he has no elusivness or break tackle ability...He always goes down on first contact...I can't remember the last run of his that he actually juked somebody/made them miss/broke a tackle...

3.) He doesn't have that speed to take a play the distance or even get outside anymore...

I'm not sure what we can do w/Portis as it looks like we're stuck with him, but I wouldn't be against going out and getting a RB whether through FA or the draft...

Wow.

didnt portis show the haters what he can do when the line actually blocked somebody against the Jets? it obvious this offensive line wasnt blocking today and if they block for him he can do everything your saying he cant. honestly portis is being asked to block when hes our best offensive weapon, i dont see many #1 RBs being asked to do half of the things hes asked during pass blocking, he blocks better than some lineman

I wonder how many linemen were yelling at Portis last week.

Portis has earned several passes on games like last week given what he has done for this team over the course of his 4 seasons here. With the exception of Chris Samuels, this same pass does not apply to anyone on this offensive line (including Thomas and especially Jansen).

I'd be pissed as well but u don't go after your own teammates like that. Randy Thomas will be back soon... light at the end of the tunnel perhaps?

I could be wrong buy you must have never played ball before. All kinds of things are done/said on a sideline. As teamates its nothing personal. If you can handle it you man up and do your job. If you can't then you don't belong in the league.

I just hope CP yelled as Samuels as well because his overated ass got owned the entire game (period).

I dont know if those of you at home saw this but...

I had some great seats behind the Redskins bench today and after the safety CP had some choice words for Todd Wade and he looked pissed. After yelling at Wade, Portis walked to the other end of the bench came back and yelled at the whole o line I wish I could have got a picture of it, he was not happy. I remember he said something on Players Club about not inviting Todd Wade and Fabini because of their play. I didnt think he meant it like that.

Good, they deserved it! Wade and Fabini were atrocious. They attacked that side of the line time and time again. Put in Heyer when Thomas comes back.

I haven't seen our line play like that since Spurrier. Putrid.

Good, they deserved it! Wade and Fabini were atrocious. They attacked that side of the line time and time again. Put in Heyer when Thomas comes back.

I haven't seen our line play like that since Spurrier. Putrid.

I agree. I was in the club level yesterday for the game, and they made Buffalo's front 4 look like an all-pro defensive line. Fabini and Wade are atrocious on the right side. I don't understand it. No protection at all.

Glad someone has some fire in them. Joe should have gone over and kicked some tail. People blame the running on Portis. If we had some damn holes for him to hit things would be better. Big game yesterday for CP and our o-line whiffed most of it. Ditto for protecting Campbell

I dont know if those of you at home saw this but...

I had some great seats behind the Redskins bench today and after the safety CP had some choice words for Todd Wade and he looked pissed. After yelling at Wade, Portis walked to the other end of the bench came back and yelled at the whole o line I wish I could have got a picture of it, he was not happy. I remember he said something on Players Club about not inviting Todd Wade and Fabini because of their play. I didnt think he meant it like that.

The fact that you have players bickering with each other shows that chaos is ruling this organization.

The Redskins need to take a long look at the OL this off season. Coaches, starters, back ups, everything needs to be scrutinized closely. I think I read somewhere where the Patriots have 7 or 8 interior linemen who can play any position and they use them all throughout games. That way if someone goes down, no big deal. I think the starting 5 we had at the beginning of the season are as good as any but we are really in need of 2 or 3 more quality guys.

The Redskins need to take a long look at the OL this off season. Coaches, starters, back ups, everything needs to be scrutinized closely. I think I read somewhere where the Patriots have 7 or 8 interior linemen who can play any position and they use them all throughout games. That way if someone goes down, no big deal. I think the starting 5 we had at the beginning of the season are as good as any but we are really in need of 2 or 3 more quality guys.

It just goes back to the depth issue and how the organization puts this team together. Too much focus on signing all-star players at the "sexy" positions and not enough attention is being paid to making sure you use the draft to build depth. This team has done that for far too long and now it's coming back to haunt us. Because of this philosophy, injuries hit us much harder than other teams because there's no one to fill the void. Why do you think Portis was screaming at Wade and Pucillo on the sidelines yesterday? They aren't talented and they aren't players who can push Thomas and Jansen for their jobs.

It just goes back to the depth issue and how the organization puts this team together. Too much focus on signing all-star players at the "sexy" positions and not enough attention is being paid to making sure you use the draft to build depth. This team has done that for far too long and now it's coming back to haunt us. Because of this philosophy, injuries hit us much harder than other teams because there's no one to fill the void. Why do you think Portis was screaming at Wade and Pucillo on the sidelines yesterday? They aren't talented and they aren't players who can push Thomas and Jansen for their jobs.

Right on. I don't know how we expected to function by releasing so many our lineman and not signing any replacements in the off season except for Heyer.

Right on. I don't know how we expected to function by releasing so many our lineman and not signing any replacements in the off season except for Heyer.

I agree with all the talk about the O-Line. This team needs many things right now, but I think during the offseason it would be wise to focus on the O and D lines. Don't go out and spend the mad cash for a "sexy" position. Good football teams start in the trenches of the Lines.

The reason I mention the D line too is b/c our D is designed around Sean Taylor. During the offseason GW may need to re-tool this design and build around the line - i.e pass rushers to take pressure off the secondary.

For the O line, we need to copy verbatim what the Patriots do - depth, depth, and more depth.

Archived