Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pats' 2nd 1st Round Pick

SKINchiefer

I agree, but Darrent Williams is no Sean Taylor to the Bronc's... Also, Williams was out club hoppin when his death occured.. after a skirmish.

Do you even read what you typed? D-Will and Taylor are more then just a NFL player. You do not need to talk about "whos death mattered most". Also you need to get your facts dtraight about the Club Hoppin thing.

D-Will is no Sean Taylor to us... That makes no sense. He was our #2 Corner and was a great vocal leader for this team. He left behind a daughter just like Taylor.

Im not sure what your intentions were with that post, but it comes off as pretty classless. I'm not a Broncos fan and I'm offended that you wrote something like that.

First, it doesn't matter when he was shot, he was shot and killed senselessly. Until proof is given that they were targetting him for something wrong he did, I won't concede this point.

Second, are players not allowed to enjoy themselves like we are? They are humans too. Sean Taylor coulda been shot while buying baby-food, and it's still be bad, or at the park letting his daughter play.

Darrent Williams may not have been quite as important, but all news indicates he was a fan favorite and becoming a good corner opposite CHamp. I was sad to hear about Williams death then, and Taylor's death only reminds me of his again. He may not have been as talented, but that's irrelevant.

Importance is also irrelevant because what could that possibly be based on. Fans? His vigil had several thousand more then who attended Taylors... D-will was turning out to be a great NFL player, Taylor is by far the best saftey I have seen, Both are people and it is really sad this had to happen to both of them. D-Will has never been in trouble and never had off field problems. The shot was from a gang who hada conflict of interest. Nothing D-Will did and if the bullet was half a foot to right it would be walker we are talking about.

Mr. S, That was a great post.

What a disrespectful post.

So, his death was OK since he had been in a club earlier. The fact he was in a limo with teammates and someone SHOT into the limo IS OK because HE IS NO SEAN TAYLOR. And his teammates barely escaped death and had Darrent's blood all over them.

Tell HIS family that his death is no big deal because....well....he is NO Sean Taylor.

I know this is a time of grief.......but this was such an uncalled for comparison

I agree. I can tell you to are great posters on here.

In addition to the topic of picks. It is all wrong to ever compisate a team for a loss. I can give 100 reasons why it would be horrible. Even if it is not a murder like Thomas Herrion and stringer.

RIP Taylor - I wish I could give all the Broncos picks away just to have Taylor back.

So, his death was OK since he had been in a club earlier. The fact he was in a limo with teammates and someone SHOT into the limo IS OK because HE IS NO SEAN TAYLOR. And his teammates barely escaped death and had Darrent's blood all over them.

Tell HIS family that his death is no big deal because....well....he is NO Sean Taylor.

I know this is a time of grief.......but this was such an uncalled for comparison

I meant no disrespect by the post, yet somehow I knew I would get heat for it because everyone is in ultra-conservative mode with their posting. I was shocked by both deaths of both players, but I don't think it's logical to pretend that the situations aren't VERY different. From a "business" standpoint, as you've said yourself in a previous point is what we should be looking at here. Nowhere will you see in my post does it say "Darrent William's death was ok since he had been in a club earlier." It says that he was in a skirmish. In regards to the Pat's pick, I was trying to logicize and emotional decision. Please don't jump to conclusions. Death is a terrible thing when it happens to a young man, but these two deaths are on opposite ends of the spectrum IMO.

I meant no disrespect by the post, yet somehow I knew I would get heat for it because everyone is in ultra-conservative mode with their posting. I was shocked by both deaths of both players, but I don't think it's logical to pretend that the situations aren't VERY different. From a "business" standpoint, as you've said yourself in a previous point is what we should be looking at here. Nowhere will you see in my post does it say "Darrent William's death was ok since he had been in a club earlier." It says that he was in a skirmish. In regards to the Pat's pick, I was trying to logicize and emotional decision. Please don't jump to conclusions. Death is a terrible thing when it happens to a young man, but these two deaths are on opposite ends of the spectrum IMO.

How?

One was a young black man with a daughter who was killed by senseless gun violence.

The other was a young black man with a daughter who was killed senseless gun violence.

One was killed in a limo with his friends.

The other was killed in his bedroom with his girlfriend.

Because someone sucker-punched Williams earlier in the evening, his death is no longer tragic?

You are making a bar fight in which by all accounts he was innocent sound like one of the deals out of The Departed.

I agree, but Darrent Williams is no Sean Taylor to the Bronc's... Also, Williams was out club hoppin when his death occured.. after a skirmish.

i cannot believe anyone would say that, especially with how taylor is being treated in the media.

what you just said is no different from what hs been said by cowherd, wilbon, etc., only it is directed towards williams. honestly how could that connection not be made?

unbelievable

but to answer the OP, i dont think this could possibly happen just because -as has been said - a dangerous precedent would be set

speaking in PURELY FOOTBALL, 53 MAN ROSTER TERMS, this is no different than losing a player to a career ending injury, or retirement, etc.

tgijef

Read the post.... don't put words in my mouth. I said CLEARLY: Darrent Williams is not as much of an impact to the Broncos in FOOTBALL terms only! Not as a person, father or whatever way anyone wants to twist my words which are clearly relevant to the post. He died after a fist fight in a nightclub.... it was obviously 1st degree murder... how very unlike Sean Taylor's death if you ask me. I mean the man was sleeping in his house for crying out loud. It doesn't make Darrent's death "OK" in any way as you have pigeon-holed me as saying. It doesn't mean the loss of Darrent Williams isn't as devastating in the true nature of life itself... it just means that ST was so much better than Darrent Williams at FOOTBALL that it's not even a fair comparison of what they meant to their teams in a physical perspective. Next time before anyone decides to misinterperet what someone says... ask what they mean instead of judging them. Once again, before you all judge me for the second time today: This is the only reason it might have been warranted for us to get the PATS second pick. That is all I posted about... not to disrespect the life of Darrent Williams. Please be more objective before you pass judgement upon what is merely a fact trailed by and opinion.

Your right Blondie...this whole thread and the comments in it is uncalled for....A young man died and these fans are looking for special compensation.....horrible way to look at this tradegy

Read the post.... don't put words in my mouth. I said CLEARLY: Darrent Williams is not as much of an impact to the Broncos in FOOTBALL terms only! Not as a person, father or whatever way anyone wants to twist my words which are clearly relevant to the post. He died after a fist fight in a nightclub.... it was obviously 1st degree murder... how very unlike Sean Taylor's death if you ask me. I mean the man was sleeping in his house for crying out loud. It doesn't make Darrent's death "OK" in any way as you have pigeon-holed me as saying. It doesn't mean the loss of Darrent Williams isn't as devastating in the true nature of life itself... it just means that ST was so much better than Darrent Williams at FOOTBALL that it's not even a fair comparison of what they meant to their teams in a physical perspective. Next time before anyone decides to misinterperet what someone says... ask what they mean instead of judging them. Once again, before you all judge me for the second time today: This is the only reason it might have been warranted for us to get the PATS second pick. That is all I posted about... not to disrespect the life of Darrent Williams. Please be more objective before you pass judgement upon what is merely a fact trailed by and opinion.

You are digging yourself a deeper hole.

1. You are somehow arguing that Sean Taylor's death was not first degree murder?

2. Darrent Williams was a starting CB by the way. He was a very good football player.

3. You are asking Goodell to make a value judgment on the talent of the player who died.

"Well Darrent Williams was an average CB. He warrants a third round pick. Sean Taylor was an All Pro. That's a second rounder. Korey Stringer was an all pro left tackle. Since that's the second most important position in football, they get a second rounder."

Hell, if Peyton Manning dies, the Colts should get five of the first ten picks in the draft under this scenario.

He was a great impact for our team. He was emerging to be a great corner in the NFL and progressing every year. After a fist fight in a club is very misleading how you put that. It shows you do not "know" the entire story.

They are unable to componsate a team everytime a "impact" player is unable to play for what ever reason. It is the life of football. Why should you even consider awarding a tradegy. Do you compensate do to the degree of how a person died or was killed? How much the fans like him? How they performed statisically? You can not put a value on a deceased person. It is unfair to the family.

I still don't know why you say the two deaths are so unlike each other. It's gun violence. If someone wants you dead they'll come for you anywhere. And right now they're still not sure who killed Sean or why. Sean had a physical altercation with some guys a little while back. What if they're involved?

You are digging yourself a deeper hole.

1. You are somehow arguing that Sean Taylor's death was not first degree murder?

2. Darrent Williams was a starting CB by the way. He was a very good football player.

3. You are asking Goodell to make a value judgment on the talent of the player who died.

"Well Darrent Williams was an average CB. He warrants a third round pick. Sean Taylor was an All Pro. That's a second rounder. Korey Stringer was an all pro left tackle. Since that's the second most important position in football' date=' they get a second rounder."

Hell, if Peyton Manning dies, the Colts should get five of the first ten picks in the draft under this scenario.[/quote']

My response to this:

1. Sean Taylor's Murder was 2nd Degree.

2. Point out in my post where I said "Darrent Williams is not a good football player" or "Darrent Wasn't important to his team" or, "Darrent Williams played 2nd string" and I will give you a million dollars

3. Point out to me where in my post I asked Roger Goodell for anything. Also look in my other posts where I said that it would never happen, nor do I expect us to get any sort of compensation.

When you are done looking for any imperfection in my post, please answer this post with a one of your own which subsequently will not answer ANY of my three retorts.

Do you see what i mean by people twisting my words and drawing their own conclusions to a simple statement. You just did it dude. No hatred, I just want to defend my misconstrued comment with a little debate.

I still don't know why you say the two deaths are so unlike each other. It's gun violence. If someone wants you dead they'll come for you anywhere. And right now they're still not sure who killed Sean or why. Sean had a physical altercation with some guys a little while back. What if they're involved?

By a little while do you mean 2 years ago? Also, didn't those guys press charges on Sean? I highly doubt their involvement, as it would land them in the gas chamber post-haste. The reason I we know this didn't stem from an altercation is because the police said that within the last 24 hours. It was random. As much as I like to think Antrel Rolle is a good detective I am going to take Miami-Dade's homicide department's word for it.

The real point of my post was for football....and why it would even be considered to compensate the Redskins. I am not even the original poster I just replied to another poster... Geesh. The death are specifically unalike and generally alike.

He was a great impact for our team. He was emerging to be a great corner in the NFL and progressing every year. After a fist fight in a club is very misleading how you put that. It shows you do not "know" the entire story.

They are unable to componsate a team everytime a "impact" player is unable to play for what ever reason. It is the life of football. Why should you even consider awarding a tradegy. Do you compensate do to the degree of how a person died or was killed? How much the fans like him? How they performed statisically? You can not put a value on a deceased person. It is unfair to the family.

Please indulge me on the "whole story." Also, do you honestly think Darrent Williams was as good as Sean Taylor on the field? He wasn't even the best corner on the team. Awarding a tragedy? come on man... I didn't even imply that. Read page 1 to this post and you will see that I was answering a statement.

By a little while do you mean 2 years ago? Also, didn't those guys press charges on Sean? I highly doubt their involvement, as it would land them in the gas chamber post-haste. The reason I we know this didn't stem from an altercation is because the police said that within the last 24 hours. It was random. As much as I like to think Antrel Rolle is a good detective I am going to take Miami-Dade's homicide department's word for it.

The real point of my post was for football....and why it would even be considered to compensate the Redskins. I am not even the original poster I just replied to another poster... Geesh. The death are specifically unalike and generally alike.

Doesn't matter if it's two years or 10 minutes. If someone wants you dead they'll come for you where ever. The police are going to say it's random until they've got something strong to work off. Maybe it wasn't those guys. Maybe it was someone who knew those guys. Maybe it was the crew that shot up his SUV two years ago. I don't think they ever linked the SUV shooting to the guys who pressed charges against him.

Doesn't matter if it's two years or 10 minutes. If someone wants you dead they'll come for you where ever. The police are going to say it's random until they've got something strong to work off. Maybe it wasn't those guys. Maybe it was someone who knew those guys. Maybe it was the crew that shot up his SUV two years ago. I don't think they ever linked the SUV shooting to the guys who pressed charges against him.

This is the most intelligent of the bashing "me" posts. Thanks for debating without being a jerk. You might be right about the SUV thing.. I aslo didn't consider that the police would say that so a suspect would lower their guard. Good points actually. I was taking your words at face value.

I said this in another thread about getting a pick as compensation...

Look...we all loved ST and it's terrible to have him taken away from us from a team/talent standpoint. The entire defense was built around his abilities and he was a top player at his position. Sure this is a horrible loss to recover from.

All the same there are no guarantees in the NFL. When you draft a player in the top 5 or top 10 you have no guarantee that he will not be gone in 4 years. Of course we feel terrible because Sean showed that he was truely an amazing player, the exact opposite from a bust, but from a business standpoint asking for compensation because a player who was integral to the future success of this team, a player who was a top 5 pick, and a player we invested a lot of time and money in died is no different than a team who drafted a player in the top 5 who turned out to be a bust and was out of the league in 4 seasons like a Ryan Leaf/Heath Shuler type.

It doesn't matter why or how they left the team, or what value individuals put on them, the fact is the Chargers spent a top 5 pick and lots of money to get Ryan Leaf, even trading a 2nd rounder and Eric Metcalf to move up 1 spot in the NFL draft (3rd to 2nd) to get him in 1998 and by 2002 he had been with 4 different teams, had a career QB rating of 50, and was basically out of the NFL. The Redskins spent a 5th overall pick on Sean Taylor who we were very pleased with up to a few days ago when he was tragically killed, obviously taking him out of the NFL.

The end to these two stories is basically the same. 2 players are out of the league after a short period of time and 2 teams have lost a large investment of money and time that they will never get back. The only difference is why it happened but you don't get insurance policies in the NFL draft. Every pick you make, you make with the fact in mind that this player might never live up to their potential, or they may for whatever reason not be a part of your team after just a few years. Everyone can get screwed one way or another and there is no insurance sitting there saying: oh, sorry, you guys got screwed, here's some free stuff.

I know it seems different because Sean actually WAS a great player and died but the end result is the exact same and that cannot be ignored.

We are not entitled to a free draft choice, and we are not entitled to a pick that the New England Patriots traded for fair and square, and we are especially not entitled to the pick simply because they are good and probably don't need it, or they got caught cheating earlier in the season. Thats a very socialist approach and it is kind of embarassing to see that sense of entitlement being thrown around here for all fans of other teams to see as they come to pay their respects to the Redskins nation.

Please indulge me on the "whole story." Also, do you honestly think Darrent Williams was as good as Sean Taylor on the field? He wasn't even the best corner on the team. Awarding a tragedy? come on man... I didn't even imply that. Read page 1 to this post and you will see that I was answering a statement.

Here is about 45 pages (669 posts) with multiple links. This is about 3 months of the news. Link

This should give you a idea of the whole story.

The link should have atleast a 100 articles about the event throughout.

You can also search here for articles

ST - was my favorite player. I believe he was the best saftey to ever play the game.

I tend to agree to this post. Who are we to say one death doesn't matter because he wasn't as good as another guy in playing football? I don't know Darrent Williams or his background, but I do not believe he deserved to die, either. The comparison that was made is uncalled for.

Archived