Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something that will never be taken from us.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

And that's Joe Gibbs. No, we haven't gotten where we hoped to be with him as coach. But you know what? Joe Gibbs is one of the greatest men in football, and in general. There's no one I would rather have leading this team, and standing up for this team (and when I say team, I mean players, coaches, FO and fans) in such a dark time. Other teams may have more Superbowls and better records, but no team will ever has someone with nearly the conviction of Joe Gibbs.

I was watching the press conference last night, and listening to Joe talk and seeing his face and he didn't look like a coach concerned with his player, but more a father concerned with his son.

I'm sad to see Sean go, and tears have been tough to hold back, but if I had to handpick someone to lead a family through such a tough time, it's Joe Gibbs.

And that's Joe Gibbs. No, we haven't gotten where we hoped to be with him as coach. But you know what? Joe Gibbs is one of the greatest men in football, and in general. There's no one I would rather have leading this team, and standing up for this team (and when I say team, I mean players, coaches, FO and fans) in such a dark time. Other teams may have more Superbowls and better records, but no team will ever has someone with nearly the conviction of Joe Gibbs.

I was watching the press conference last night, and listening to Joe talk and seeing his face and he didn't look like a coach concerned with his player, but more a father concerned with his son.

I'm sad to see Sean go, and tears have been tough to hold back, but if I had to handpick someone to lead a family through such a tough time, it's Joe Gibbs.

I totally agree. Perhaps in the grand scheme of things it was meant for us to have this coach at this time.

I posted this earlier in another thread, but I think it fits better here.

Maybe Gibbs legacy his second time around will be much more important than winning 3 SuperBowls. Maybe it will show that the man he is and the way he handles life is really what should be celebrated about him, not his accomplishments coaching a game.

I am sure he will guide the city and the team through this tragedy better than anyone else I can think of.

RIP #21

100% Nail on the head. If this happened to a team led by Cyborg Robots like Bill Bellichick or Ego-Maniacs like Brian Billick, those teams would stand almost zero chance of getting through something like this.

Tough times lay ahead for The Redskins. The odds are against a team overcoming an unfathomable tragedy like this no matter how good it's leaders are. However, only 2 coaches in the history of the NFL have the type of character necessary to lead a team through this............... Dick Vermiel and Joe Gibbs. Well, we got Joe Gibbs and I am truly thankful at a moment like this to have him.

Amen. God knows we probably all disagreed with some of the COACHING decisions in Gibbs 2, but as a MAN, I don't know if I could think of another coach I'd rather have (though Dungy probably ranks up there).

dungy is a good inclusion too. this isnt about being a great coach. its about being a great man, a great person, a great leader. that what everyone will be looking for.

Maybe Gibbs legacy his second time around will be much more important than winning 3 SuperBowls. Maybe it will show that the man he is and the way he handles life is really what should be celebrated about him, not his accomplishments coaching a game.

I am sure he will guide the city and the team through this tragedy better than anyone else I can think of.

RIP #21

Bibble ... I couldn't have said it any better.

I totally agree...Joe Gibbs will get them through this. I saw an interview with Mark Schlereth and he said the Skins could not be in better hands right now dealing with this tragedy and that even TODAY he would jump in front of a bus for Joe Gibbs. :helmet:

I have always adored Joe Gibbs, I even have a cat named after him, he's a wonderful man. God Bless Joe Gibbs and his/our Redskins.

RIP #21

Bob, you said it all, I completely agree.

Archived