Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has there ever been an attempted assasination of a professional athlete before?

Cannon2

All signs point to this whole Sean Taylor incident as being more than a burglary gone array. It seems like his vitals are looking better and we are all pray he pulls through. I am personally outraged by this whole incident. It is especially disgusting that they cut his phone wires, broke in earlier and left a knife on his bed and threatened his new born baby and his girlfriend. Sadly, I'm sure even these idiots would know that Sean can't have a gun in the house to defend himself because of his probation, so they were doing all of this in cold blood with no mercy.

Can anyone think of any incident where any professional athlete has basically been the victim of an attempted assasination?...because thats what this was. I know other players, in the NBA, have been shot at during robberies but this wasn't like that. This wasn't a drive-by like Darrent Williams tragedy last year. This was not Sean Taylor at a club "making it rain." This was sick. They weren't there for money...they kicked down his bedroom door for gosh sake. Luckily they fled after two shots. Is this unprecedented. Anything we can do to make sure it's the last of its kind?

21 Forever

at this point i dont care even if sean is involved in something fishy....... i just want him to live first then we can sort out the details later.

i never heard that his phone wires were cut. i have to admit that my first thought were those ****s from a few years ago had come back!!

i hope they catch this guy that did this and they tie him up for a good old fashioned stoning at redskins park!!

People shouldnt allow the media to forcefeed them THEIR opinions about what happened last night. The media doesnt care much for Sean Taylor, so they'll keep talking about how this shooting seems "fishy" or say "there has to be more to it".....

The sad part about all of this outside Taylor's situation, is the fact that in one past situation he approached some men in Miami who stole from him. Are you going to confront two thieves with your open hands? NO! The other story was football related and yes, it was disgusting. Bill Romanowski did the same thing and he's not being portrayed as a thug, rather a football player whose emotions got the best of him. Why is Taylor a horrible human being for doing what so many of us would've done ourselves?

I pray our brother gets well first, but I damn sure cannot wait til the day he's ready to lace em back up on his way to the HOF!

i feel like if you really want someone killed you shoot more then twice and not only that you make sure the job is done...... in one way or another, i also do believe this is payback from the ATV incident

Definitely. You don't go through all that trouble only to shoot him in the leg if you are really trying to kill him.

I don't think you can say they only shot twice and ran away because they are sissys. I mean what they did was pretty f'n ballsy. Are you really going to all of a sudden become a sissy when you pull the trigger? I don't think so.

I think this was to send a message. Possibly to end his career (shot in the leg) or even the second most ultimate message (shot in the groin.) I think the whole artery thing was just a fluke chance.

Now whether this was over the ATV incident, who knows. I definitely don't think this was a simple robbery and I definitely don't think this was an attempted murder.

all i know is that if somebody broke into my home a few weeks ago and left a knife on my bed, and I was a multi millionaire...I would have hired a security service to guard my home. Why was that not done.

Also, why was Taylor even in Miami? Why was he not traveling with his team to support them or at least back in Washington to greet them after the road trip and go over film with them?

Also, whats with somebody cutting the phone lines in his house? Does Taylor not have a cell phone....OR his girlfriend.

all i know is that if somebody broke into my home a few weeks ago and left a knife on my bed, and I was a multi millionaire...I would have hired a security service to guard my home. Why was that not done.

Also, why was Taylor even in Miami? Why was he not traveling with his team to support them or at least back in Washington to greet them after the road trip and go over film with them?

Also, whats with somebody cutting the phone lines in his house? Does Taylor not have a cell phone....OR his girlfriend.

I guess you have not been paying attention today.

To answer #2: He was getting a second opinion on his knee and also checking up on the break in from last week (Gibbs excused him)

#3 His girlfriend used her cell to call the cops.

1. Maybe he thought it was a fluke event and didn't think anything would come of it (which also leads me to believe he wasn't involved in anything currently that could've lead to this. If he was, and the previous break-ins happened, he would have been more paranoid and hired security.)

2. It's called Thanksgiving. He's injured. With family. Etc

3. I know right. I heard they used morse code to call 911. But really, the phone lines were possibly cut to deactivate the security system in the house? Or to just buy the shooter(s) a little more time to make their escape as it would take the household a minute to realize the phones were out.

To answer #2: He was getting a second opinion on his knee and also checking up on the break in from last week (Gibbs excused him)

That was the story around 10AM, but it has long since changed.

Gibbs had no idea he was in Miami, though he did not really need permission to go there.

He had no doctors' appointment as far as anyone at Redskins Park new.

JLC addressed this on his blog.

Also, there were some reports earlier in the day that Sean was in Florida to get a second opinion on his knee. I have chatted with several people here, including team officials, who said that if he was in Florida for a second opinion it was news to them

Archived