Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has there ever been an attempted assasination of a professional athlete before?

Cannon2

As nice as it would be to solve the crime from news reports...just remember, this is not a movie. The victims weren't tied up as far as we know. The location of the injury has NO significance. The shooter was operating in a quick, invasion style, probably pretty dark, probably facing an extrordinarily quick athlete with a long sharp knife.

I can't believe what has happened, I am devistated...he was sposed to be our saftey for decades to come...I really hope he can make a comeback next year...and if not at least live a good life and raise his daughter.

Also, whoever did this most likley did not want to kill ST, and the guy had to of had alot of balls to break into ST's house. Hell I think ST could take me out with his bare hands even if I was 20 feet back with a shotgun, the mans a beast.

You don't go and shoot someone, not meaning to kill them. Unless they are very cooperative or tied up motionless, like the bad guy walking around the restrained hero in a movie, monologuing, then suddenly shoots the guy in the leg. But that's probably not how it occured. Evidently there was a shot that mised too. What was the purpose of that one?

People aiming to send a message use bats, knives, golf clubs.

I remember back in 1979 when Yankees catcher Thurman Munson died while flying his private plane during the season. I remember it because New York hosted the Orioles at Yankee Stadium later that week and the game was delayed for about 20 minutes while fans applauded to remember Munson while his picture appeared on the Jumbotron.

There's got to be a lot more to come from all of this. It just doesn't make sense to me. From all I've heard -

- 8 days prior to the shooting, someone had broken into his home, rifled through some drawers, and left a kitchen knife on his bed...but nothing was reported missing. I am assuming whoever showed up 8 days earlier was/is the same people who killed him. - If this WAS a robbery attempt, then why didn't they take whatever they wanted during the 1st break in?

I believe this is a cold-hearted, cold-blooded murder. I pray for Sean & his family that the police can bring whoever is responsible to justice. While it will never undo what's been done, I hope Sean's family gets some kind of closure to this horrific tragedy.

Archived