Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor ESPN news story(and other complaints)-let these jerks know how we feel

trimee

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

I have only started a few threads in all my time on this board, but this report makes me so freaking mad- I emailed them this following letter, and I think we all in Redskins nation need to let them know how we feel.

Notice that I sent it as a Sean Taylor fan, not as a Redskins fan.

ESPN's contact us link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=espncscontact

9/26/07 9:29am Pacific Time

Dear ESPN,

How more disgusting, biased of a report can you have when a person’s life is in jeopardy?

Sean Taylor might freaking DIE, and your 'network' goes with the (and I quote) "Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick" angle?

He is my most favorite player in the entire NFL (I am a diehard football fan, I live and die the NFL, ask my wife) - along with other NFL players, coaches, 100's of thousands of other fans and their wife’s and future children fans. I’m sure I don’t need to mention the people who lives he has changed with his charitable work.

Unless Sean Taylor ever plays on your network again (if he ever plays again) and I am forced to watch, the worst I can do is never to watch your networks again, and forward my opinion to your sponsors as well.

-A Proud To Be a Sean Taylor Fan

I wrote them and they sent me a autoreply back:

Dear Paige,

Thank you for contacting us.

We value the comments and opinions of our fans. Your comments in

reference to our website will be forwarded to the appropriate department

for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer

Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,

Sean

ESPN.com Customer Care

Once a sheep always a sheep is their mentality here. Sean hurt his rep during his first 2-3 years in the league and after sometime so horrific and devastating, life-threatening as this, where we are to believe Sean's house has been broken into and he has been shot, they link this gun-related incident to the other gun-related incidents of his troubled past. I agree, it is unfair, disgraceful, and typical. He is also my favorite NFL player, I have his jersey and brag about him to every football fan I know. Let's hope his toughness lets him fight through this and get on the road to recovery quickly.

I wrote them and they sent me a autoreply back:

Dear Paige,

Thank you for contacting us.

We value the comments and opinions of our fans. Your comments in

reference to our website will be forwarded to the appropriate department

for review.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer

Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,

Sean

ESPN.com Customer Care

generic autoreply means nobody will probably see it

alright slow down take a breath. This is standard with anyone in the media like it or not. He will continue to carry that past around especially since he has had numerous problems early on his career. Also couple that with the fact that he hasnt spoken with members of the press for the past year.

So take a breath and relax

I'm definitely sending them an email. It's really ****** up how they do things. I just heard Portis' interview on NFL Network, and I loved it. A lot of people knock Portis on being upfront with what he says, but he was on point in the interview about Sean Taylor, and I hope he made everybody, who has brung up Sean Taylor's past issues in a time of need like this... I seriously hope he made them slowly burn up on the inside, and realize just how cruel it is. The last thing Taylor needs to hear right now, is of a past that he's been trying to put behind him. He needs to be hearing words of encouragement, not anything that would make him feel bad about himself. What's weird is, how they always fail to mention how he's turned his life around, and is making strides to change for the better.

With the seriousness of today's news looming, Bram and the rest of the media is focusing on Sean Taylor's checkered past... Bram even went to say "the best thing for Sean Taylor right now is that he DOESN'T know the shooters or the intruders..." WRONG! The best thing right now for Sean Taylor is to come out of this ALIVE AND HEALTHY!! So, F*&! Bram and the rest of the media!!

alright slow down take a breath. This is standard with anyone in the media like it or not. He will continue to carry that past around especially since he has had numerous problems early on his career. Also couple that with the fact that he hasnt spoken with members of the press for the past year.

So take a breath and relax

Standard my @ss, Sean Taylor is hanging on to life, and you're agreeing with people trying to judge his past. What's wrong with human decency?

Yeah, sorry, I don't like it either, but it's the first thing I thought too. He has been one of my favorite players since the beginning of his career, but when someone who has been involved in violent crime has it happen to them, you logically search for a connection. They are reporters, it's what they do. All of the outlets are reporting it the same way. I hate ESPN anyway, but if you are gonna go off on them for this, you just need to stop watching any network.

Death is sacred and I can understand the emotion here, but that's no reason to be illogical. The fact is Sean Taylor ran around pistol whipping people and acting like a thug. When you do stuff like that, there are consequences. Maybe this incident is completely unrelated, but that would be one hell of a coincidence.

Death is sacred and I can understand the emotion here, but that's no reason to be illogical. The fact is Sean Taylor ran around pistol whipping people and acting like a thug. When you do stuff like that, there are consequences. Maybe this incident is completely unrelated, but that would be one hell of a coincidence.

I agree with you in principle, but sensitivity is not your strong point. Use some tact.

that's an AP article that is posted all over the place. if you are going to blast espn, then blast every other site that is posting the same article.

Actually, this is what it says at the bottom of the page:

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

That means it isn't just an AP story, it's an ESPN story with information added from the AP story

People make mistakes, and maybe his mistakes were different then the mistakes you made in your life but everyone makes mistakes. ST made poor judgement calls in his youth but since his legal problems have been resolved he has a clear effort to make changes in his life. Everyone has the right to have a second chance and Sean Taylor was making the best at his. No matter what happened in his past he does not deserve to be fighting for his life. He has the right like everyone else to a better life.

What's the problem with the report? It's not like they are reporting false information or anything of the sort. He has been in trouble in the past, and he finds himself shot twice? If PacMan had been shot twice in his home, what exactly would you be saying? We don't know if this is a robbery or if somebody is just pissed at Sean Taylor and wanted revenge.

It's amazing how some people just attract trouble or bad things. This goes back to Darryl Russell, Pacman Jones, Eddie Griffin (basketball player), Chris Henry and the list goes on and on. Some people just can't get away from trouble it seems, whether it comes to them unwarranted or not. It's probably why I believe in Karma.

I hope ST comes through and the people are brought to justice who did this. I couldn't imagine anything that ST has done to deserve being shot over.

Another point. Why isn't ST in Washington DC anyways? Didn't he travel with the team? That's pretty crappy if he didn't travel with them.

I'm hearing that Sean Taylor may be in a coma right now after all of the surgery today. This is incredible that almost half of the AP article is about a 2004 incident and his past problems. He was at home with his baby and baby's mother in the house and we are judging him for things he did when he was 22 years old. Seriously? The man is trying to hang on to life and all I hear his "He pistol whipped somebody 3 years ago so I can't say I'm surprised" and "What goes around comes around" Some of you people make me sick!

right or wrong, this is a good lesson for the young people out there..if you make a mistake it will follow you. Somebody mentioned Brady and Romo sits to pee in this thread, but as far as I know they have never been arrested or implicated in any criminal activity...unfortunately ST has and it is a tough thing to shake.

I hope he makes a full recovery so he can continue to set the record straight...

Ok, I take it that most if not all of you did not hear the joke that Kenny Main said right after the breaking news about ST. He said something like, "I take it this will put us (espn) up for a award for breaking news about a football player getting shot in the groin". I could not believe my ears when he made the joke. OMG!

Archived