Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor ESPN news story(and other complaints)-let these jerks know how we feel

trimee

agreed...what happened is a terrible thing...and i pray for a full recovery as well.

But i do believe that many of you are taking this way too far. If this happened to another team you wouldnt even give a hoot...you know that. i'm sure none of you sent emails to ESPN when the media was swarming Vick. a lot of you feel obligated to back ST up since you are redskins fans, but you have to see past that. Just something to think about...

label me as a troll if you like. but i just thought i'd put my :2cents: in about the whole thing.

If this happened to another team (namely: Patriots, Yankees, Red Sox, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys) this would be on a loop on ESPN for the next week. Thats the point. ESPN's coverage of this has been unacceptable. If this was Barry Bonds they would send Pedro Gomez to his bedside with a lit candle.

Exactly, if you think the person who wrote that article is heartless, then you are an idiot. It is not his job to get all remorseful and send out his condolensces, he is there to pass on information. He wasnt trying to make Sean Taylor look like a bad guy, he was simply stating the facts.

Ill say it again, you people are blowing this way out of proportion. "LETS EMAIL ESPN AND CALL THEM EVIL AND NEVER WATCH THEIR CHANNEL AGAIN! THATS A REAL REDSKINS FAN!" no its not, its an idiot

Your an idiot for quoting something that was never said. Not in 11 pages did I read one person say anything close to that about being a real Redskins fan. If you took the time to read the original post, it says that the angle ESPN took on the situation to make ST look like it was his own fault or had it coming is disgusting and biased.

If it was Ray Lewis, do you think ESPN would say,"ex-MURDERER suspect Ray Lewis was shot today"?

Do yourself a favor and shut that hole in your face you call a mouth-because you make yourself look like a bigger idiot than anyone on this board could with statements like that.

Your mother must be so proud.

Like I said, people make mistakes, and that's what people focus on. That's what defines a person. For the rest of their lives. You think if it happened to Ray Lewis they wouldn't be all over how he was charged with murder YEARS ago? Come on.

Like I said I think you are completely wrong. 2 years is nothing and it isn't like he has become such a changed man in 2 years. It takes time to rebuild an image, heck the fact Ray Lewis was able to go from a murder charge to being big in the public and corporate eye shows it is possible.

Your an idiot for quoting something that was never said. Not in 11 pages did I read one person say anything close to that about being a real Redskins fan. If you took the time to read the original post, it says that the angle ESPN took on the situation to make ST look like it was his own fault or had it coming is disgusting and biased.

If it was Ray Lewis, do you think ESPN would say,"ex-MURDERER suspect Ray Lewis was shot today"?

Do yourself a favor and shut that hole in your face you call a mouth-because you make yourself look like a bigger idiot than anyone on this board could with statements like that.

I read the article and all they say are the facts. My mouth was shut I wasnt speaking I was typing, Im not on the phone with you.

You guys are just making a bigger deal about this than it should be just cause were all redskins fans. And no ESPN wouldnt say that, but would his murder trial be mentioned in an article? **** yes, and you would probably email them again.

My mother is proud of me thank you

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

I have only started a few threads in all my time on this board, but this report makes me so freaking mad- I emailed them this following letter, and I think we all in Redskins nation need to let them know how we feel.

Notice that I sent it as a Sean Taylor fan, not as a Redskins fan.

ESPN's contact us link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=espncscontact

9/26/07 9:29am Pacific Time

Dear ESPN,

How more disgusting, biased of a report can you have when a person’s life is in jeopardy?

Sean Taylor might freaking DIE, and your 'network' goes with the (and I quote) "Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick" angle?

He is my most favorite player in the entire NFL (I am a diehard football fan, I live and die the NFL, ask my wife) - along with other NFL players, coaches, 100's of thousands of other fans and their wife’s and future children fans. I’m sure I don’t need to mention the people who lives he has changed with his charitable work.

Unless Sean Taylor ever plays on your network again (if he ever plays again) and I am forced to watch, the worst I can do is never to watch your networks again, and forward my opinion to your sponsors as well.

-A Proud To Be a Sean Taylor Fan

**** ESPN

I read the article and all they say are the facts. My mouth was shut I wasnt speaking I was typing, Im not on the phone with you.

You guys are just making a bigger deal about this than it should be just cause were all redskins fans. And no ESPN wouldnt say that, but would his murder trial be mentioned in an article? **** yes, and you would probably email them again.

My mother is proud of me thank you

Im not gonna let you hijack this thread with your immaturity, so this is the last time I will respond to you.

#1 I said read the original post, I didn't say anything about you not reading the article.

#2 Your trying to start an argument about if you were typing or talking? Like I said, you make a bigger idiot out of your own self than I could ever do.

I won't dignify any more of your immaturity by responding to you.

Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. ~ Proverb of King Solomon

If it was Ray Lewis it probably read something like this:

MIAMI (Reuters) - The National Football League's Ray Lewis, a star defensive player for the Baltimore Ravens, was in critical condition after being shot at his home near Miami by a suspected intruder on Monday, police said.

Lewis, 32, who was the Ravens' first pick in the 1996 draft, was airlifted to Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital for treatment, police said.

The Miami Herald newspaper reported that Lewis and his girlfriend were startled after hearing an intruder at the rear door of his home and said Lewis, who suffered severe blood loss, was wounded by a gunshot to the groin.

Police declined to confirm those details, including the Herald's report that Lewis faced possible brain injury due to blood loss, but said he remained in critical condition on Monday evening.

Brian Billick, the Ravens' Head Coach, told reporters outside the hospital there were hopeful signs for Lewis.

"We've had positive news from the doctors," Billicko said.

"After lengthy surgery, Ray responded to the doctor's request to grab his hand and showed some facial expression," he said. "It will be a long fight but Ray is very strong and he's a fighter."

Police said they were called to Lewis's home at 1:45 a.m. by a woman who said he had been shot.

"According to a preliminary investigation, it appears that the victim was shot inside the home by an intruder. There are signs of forced entry," a police statement said.

It said a previous incident involving burglary or an intruder at Lewis's residence was reported on November 18 but that no arrests had been made in connection with either event.

Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl party on January 31, 2000. Following this party, he was brought into the Atlanta Police Department for questioning, then arrested (along with his friends Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting) and charged with the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Baker and Lollar were stabbed to death outside a nightclub during a fight in the Buckhead district of Atlanta. The charges resulted in Lewis being held in custody, preventing him from playing in the Pro Bowl in Hawaii the following Sunday. Lewis then posted bail and was scheduled for a spring trial.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached settlement to four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.

Now please, please for everybody's sakes, please stop. :doh:

Exactly, if you think the person who wrote that article is heartless, then you are an idiot. It is not his job to get all remorseful and send out his condolensces, he is there to pass on information. He wasnt trying to make Sean Taylor look like a bad guy, he was simply stating the facts.

Ill say it again, you people are blowing this way out of proportion. "LETS EMAIL ESPN AND CALL THEM EVIL AND NEVER WATCH THEIR CHANNEL AGAIN! THATS A REAL REDSKINS FAN!" no its not, its an idiot

Since you want to be an @ssh*** about this, the person that wrote the article is an idiot. You are probably the same cogburn guy that got banned earlier. Leave it alone already! Nobody is arguing about Sean's past, we are just saying today is not the day to discuss the man's character.

Hate to mention this, but they say the same thing over on NFL.com so what's the big deal really? It's just journalism folks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8048cd86&template=with-video&confirm=true

Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow to let anyone into his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.

He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

right or wrong, this is a good lesson for the young people out there..if you make a mistake it will follow you. Somebody mentioned Brady and Romo sits to pee in this thread, but as far as I know they have never been arrested or implicated in any criminal activity..

YOU FKIN PRIIICK...EAT SHIIIT U ASSCLOWN

To not acknowledge what happened in the past would be wrong due to the kind of circumstance because he could have been shot by someone related to those past events. However, to say that it is no surprise (Wilbon/TK) that he was the victim in this kind of event is not just wrong, but inhumane. This could happen to anyone of us, those who wont even drive above the speed limit i.e. Wilbon/TK, to those in jail for rape, murder, and any other despicable act.

I wish they didn't include the past but I am sure they had the possible coincidences in mind. What they should've done is emphasize the great playing career first (not bringing up his hit on the punter/spit on Pittman first) and progress he has made since having his first child.

Emotions are running strong today. The one thing we would like to keep to a minimum is enforcing rules regarding members going at each oother on a day like today when more important concerns are on the table.

There's also the consideration that there's more membership unity than perhaps has ever been on this site, sad though the reason be.

I have been so caught up with the terrible news today, that I just now realized that I never recieved an ESPN mobile alert text message today about Sean Taylor. I don't know how many people on this board have ESPN MVP on their phones, but basically you can sign up for alerts via text message when breaking news occurrs. Today I got an alert about Mizzouri being number 1 in the BCS. Lately I have been getting alerts from all the coaches being fired, or when Freeney went down with a season ending injury.

But when Sean Taylor was shot, no alert message was sent out. Is their something missing here? Doesn't this sound just wrong? ESPN can send alerts about the Capitals firing their head coach, but when a great man is in critical condition, they don't bother? You know if this was Tom Brady or Payton Manning, alerts would have been sent out along with updates on their condition. I might be way off based here and just trying to vent my anger over today, but I feel like it was wrong not to notify people of this terrible incident. Some people might rely on this type of communication to get their news, and it really upsets me to know this wasn't on their priority list.

I have been so caught up with the terrible news today, that I just now realized that I never recieved an ESPN mobile alert text message today about Sean Taylor. I don't know how many people on this board have ESPN MVP on their phones, but basically you can sign up for alerts via text message when breaking news occurrs. Today I got an alert about Mizzouri being number 1 in the BCS. Lately I have been getting alerts from all the coaches being fired, or when Freeney went down with a season ending injury.

But when Sean Taylor was shot, no alert message was sent out. Is their something missing here? Doesn't this sound just wrong? ESPN can send alerts about the Capitals firing their head coach, but when a great man is in critical condition, they don't bother? You know if this was Tom Brady or Payton Manning, alerts would have been sent out along with updates on their condition. I might be way off based here and just trying to vent my anger over today, but I feel like it was wrong not to notify people of this terrible incident. Some people might rely on this type of communication to get their news, and it really upsets me to know this wasn't on their priority list.

I wouldn't expect anything less from ESPN. I wouldn't have subscribed to ESPN MVP in the first place.

They did have it flashing as breaking news on ESPNEWS but it was bumped for Houston Nutt getting ousted in Arkansas.

I guess this whole thing gets ranked up with Darrent Williams getting shot. I didn't see that get a lot of coverage, either.

I wouldn't expect anything less from ESPN. I wouldn't have subscribed to ESPN MVP in the first place.

They did have it flashing as breaking news on ESPNEWS but it was bumped for Houston Nutt getting ousted in Arkansas.

I guess this whole thing gets ranked up with Darrent Williams getting shot. I didn't see that get a lot of coverage, either.

I honestly hate when people pull the race card out, but it's situations like these that make me wonder. I mean when Darrent Williams was killed, we heard a few things here and there, but nothing big. If a high profile white athlete was killed, I just have to believe that a circus would break out. Like it or not, it just sounds fishy to me.

I honestly hate when people pull the race card out, but it's situations like these that make me wonder. I mean when Darrent Williams was killed, we heard a few things here and there, but nothing big. If a high profile white athlete was killed, I just have to believe that a circus would break out. Like it or not, it just sounds fishy to me.

If it was TO or Mcnabb or Tomlinson.??? There would be no coverage? Can you please NOT make this about race. :wtf:

As Redskins fans we need to pray for Sean's health. As Greg Williams said "If he is able to play again.... GREAT, if he is not able to play GREAT. Just as long as he is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Get it????????????

If it was TO or Mcnabb or Tomlinson.??? There would be no coverage? Can you please NOT make this about race. :wtf:

As Redskins fans we need to pray for Sean's health. As Greg Williams said "If he is able to play again.... GREAT, if he is not able to play GREAT. Just as long as he is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Get it????????????

I agree with you, it's just so hard for me to understand why an alert wasn't sent out when a high profile player like Sean was critically shot. It just doesn't make any sense to me, it's downright disrespectfull.

I agree with you, it's just so hard for me to understand why an alert wasn't sent out when a high profile player like Sean was critically shot. It just doesn't make any sense to me, it's downright disrespectfull.

Agreed...now if he had been caught with steroids...oh there would be outrage on the 4 letter network for sure.

Archived