Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are there any Freemasons on ES?

Ellis

Just curious to see if there are any Freemasons on ES.

I'm turning in my application to my grandfather tomorrow.

Freemasonry has been in my family for hundreds of years.

Now it's time for me to participate and I'm anxiously excited to get started.

Happy Early Thanksgiving everyone.

Can anyone explain the Freemasons to me? I know it's a "secret" society or as someone once put it a society of secrets since peope already know about it but not what it represents.

Anyone care to give me a quick rundown? Maybe some centuries-old secrets?

I think the "secret" part was made up for that Nicolas Cage movie. But I dont really know much about it either.

Can anyone explain the Freemasons to me? I know it's a "secret" society or as someone once put it a society of secrets since peope already know about it but not what it represents.

Anyone care to give me a quick rundown? Maybe some centuries-old secrets?

If ya really wanna know, all you gotta do is ask one. They're very open to discussing things.

The nut shell is... it's a fraternal organization for men to become better men. You meet a lot of people and it's a very rewarding experience. I've been around it my whole life and it's very family oriented--at least based on what I experienced. I love it, always have. I just turned 30 so now I wanna start a new chapter in life. My grand father is getting old, he's well into his 70's. So I wanna join now while he's still a teacher.

Well, SUPPOSEDLY its a society with plenty of secrets, all of which are known to only the very very very important members. Otherwise, its just a very beneficial organization with mysterious roots.

Once again, SUPPOSEDLY, several of the founding fathers were Free Masons. The Masons are great topics for Conspiracy Theorists. In short, some of the more paranoid/Conspiracy Bufs will point out that if our founding fathers WERE part of a very secret society, than our entire Nation was founded by said society.

Dan Brown, who has already written great Semi-Factual stories, plans to add another installment to the Robert Langdon Series. The 3rd book in the series will focus on FreeMasonry, the History of the United States, and quite possibly Mormonism. The book has been code-worded "The Soloman Key," although it is possible that that will be the book's final title.

I wouldn't call them a secret society at all. They don't actively recruit but all you have to do is ask.
I think the "secret" part was made up for that Nicolas Cage movie. But I dont really know much about it either.
If ya really wanna know, all you gotta do is ask one. They're very open to discussing things.

I thought you couldn't directly ask, someone has to invite you. May depend on the lodge/branch.

It is a secret society that became more public due to the need for members. To be one you were supposed to be invited.

]']Well' date=' SUPPOSEDLY its a society with plenty of secrets, all of which are known to only the very very very important members. Otherwise, its just a very beneficial organization with mysterious roots.

Once again, SUPPOSEDLY, several of the founding fathers were Free Masons. The Masons are great topics for Conspiracy Theorists. In short, some of the more paranoid/Conspiracy Bufs will point out that if our founding fathers WERE part of a very secret society, than our entire Nation was founded by said society.

Dan Brown, who has already written great Semi-Factual stories, plans to add another installment to the Robert Langdon Series. The 3rd book in the series will focus on FreeMasonry, the History of the United States, and quite possibly Mormonism. The book has been code-worded "The Soloman Key," although it is possible that that will be the book's final title.[/quote']

Supposedly huh? look through history....most our presidents were Freemasons. That is no secret. As was many of the figures Dan Brown mentioned as well as Nicolas Cage..not everything in the movies and novels are made up :rolleyes:

Thats really all I'll say.

Are the Masons and the FreeMasons the same organization?

What the heck are Schriner's?

And why do they wear a fez and drive around in little cars?

Yes

They are also a fraternal organization

I could tell you but then I would have to ritualistically kill you, and I forgot my diamond studded dagger at home ;)

Are the Masons and the FreeMasons the same organization?

What the heck are Schriner's?

And why do they wear a fez and drive around in little cars?

It's spelled Shriners.

The Shriners are part of the Freemasonry. I don't know much about it but they do a lot of charity work. I've been to the Boumi Temple in Baltimore quite a few times. It's an amazing place.

And to those that want a brief history lesson on Freemasonry--specifically George Washington--check this site out...

http://www.gwmemorial.org/

http://www.gwmemorial.org/history.html

In that site there are numerous other links to give you a broad stroke as to what Freemasonry is.

I would like to warn that if you go searching online for information on Freemasonry, you'll find about 80% of the sites are all "tin foil hat" alarmists that don't know anything about the Freemasonry. The sites are very discouraging and completely inaccurate.

I recently found a Freemasons blog site (through a freemasonry site I visit quite frequently) that details his experience from asking about it, to being invited, all theway to becoming a Master Mason. That site is here... http://jimstips.com/masonictips If ya want a very well written look at what it's like from start to finish (minus the secrets of course), I suggest spending 20 minutes reading his entries starting for the first one at the bottom of the page. I've been around Freemasonry since I was about 6 or 7. His blog site captured it very well.

And other than that... that Nicolas Cage movie was just what it is... A MOVIE. That was fiction. Dan Brown is in fact writing a book on Freemasonry and I'll add that his books are found in the Fiction section of your local bookstore. He's a good writer and his stories are very convincing... but most of his so called research for his past books were just collections of alarmists books. I don't want to take anything away from Dan Brown, but one must question the source of his 'facts' before believing what he writes.

And like I've already mentioned... if ya really want to know about Freemasonry, just ask one. It's that simple.

And to those that want a brief history lesson on Freemasonry--specifically George Washington--check this site out...

apparently my ancestors were in the same lodge as George Washington and were involved in his burial. dont know much more than that though. my dad has his fathers rings with the masonic symbols on them.

oh yeah, and someone mentioned that Freemason's started recruiting due to low numbers. That's not true. They don't do that. Only those that ask about it and show interest are invited to apply, not join. The application process can take days, weeks or even months... depends on the commitee.

I know that the Blue Lodge here in Annapolis has a growing number of younger men which I find very encouraging. In my experience, it's always been older men and there was a small chance the Lodge was going to shut down at one time. But there was never any recruiting done. That's not what the fraternity is based on. They only want people who genuinely want to join. There's a lot of dedication involved.

It's spelled Shriners.

The Shriners are part of the Freemasonry. I don't know much about it but they do a lot of charity work. I've been to the Boumi Temple in Baltimore quite a few times. It's an amazing place.

In that site there are numerous other links to give you a broad stroke as to what Freemasonry is.

I would like to warn that if you go searching online for information on Freemasonry, you'll find about 80% of the sites are all "tin foil hat" alarmists that don't know anything about the Freemasonry. The sites are very discouraging and completely inaccurate.

I recently found a Freemasons blog site (through a freemasonry site I visit quite frequently) that details his experience from asking about it, to being invited, all theway to becoming a Master Mason. That site is here... http://jimstips.com/masonictips If ya want a very well written look at what it's like from start to finish (minus the secrets of course), I suggest spending 20 minutes reading his entries starting for the first one at the bottom of the page. I've been around Freemasonry since I was about 6 or 7. His blog site captured it very well.

And other than that... that Nicolas Cage movie was just what it is... A MOVIE. That was fiction. Dan Brown is in fact writing a book on Freemasonry and I'll add that his books are found in the Fiction section of your local bookstore. He's a good writer and his stories are very convincing... but most of his so called research for his past books were just collections of alarmists books. I don't want to take anything away from Dan Brown, but one must question the source of his 'facts' before believing what he writes.

And like I've already mentioned... if ya really want to know about Freemasonry, just ask one. It's that simple.

Well it shouldn't be that easy...Freemasons aren't really supposed to say too much about what goes on. However, there have been movies made that show an actual secret ceremony...I won't say which one. The people that Dan Brown mentioned were in fact Freemasons.

There is a Church in Scotland that is modeled after Solomons temple...as for the connection between the Knight Templar and the Freemasons...no one knows.

I will say, the Vatican has called Freemasons heretics and has excommunicated them. For what no one is sure especially since when you become a Freemason you get a bible...:whoknows:

oh yeah, and someone mentioned that Freemason's started recruiting due to low numbers. That's not true. They don't do that. Only those that ask about it and show interest are invited to apply, not join. The application process can take days, weeks or even months... depends on the commitee.

I know that the Blue Lodge here in Annapolis has a growing number of younger men which I find very encouraging. In my experience, it's always been older men and there was a small chance the Lodge was going to shut down at one time. But there was never any recruiting done. That's not what the fraternity is based on. They only want people who genuinely want to join. There's a lot of dedication involved.

yeah that was me that said that. No most do not recruit....however, I have seen some do. Thats why I made it general like that. Mine doesn't I know that.

apparently my ancestors were in the same lodge as George Washington and were involved in his burial. dont know much more than that though. my dad has his fathers rings with the masonic symbols on them.

:cool:

yeah I'll be inheriting a ton of things like that when my grandfather passes away. The Freemasonry is very rich in my family. We've been in American since... well, when it wasn't America yet. heheh...

My grandfather has a scrap book of all of my ancestors who joined. It's huge. Very rich in history too. I find myself flipping through it when I cisit his house all the time.

Archived