Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GREGG WILLIAMS is SORRY! (Make your comments about Williams and the D here).

GO GO SKINS

Yeah your right on that Springs did suck all night, but that is not usual, I am sure his fathers condition had something to do with it. I just think actually there had or has to be someone on this roster that would have done a better job than Reed Doughty, he sucks and after this I would have preferred Ade Jimoh! :cheers:

Yeah, he was awful. Somebody bring in Macklin. He couldn't be much worse, and maybe he'd surprise us like Stephon Heyer so consistently has.

For the record, I do want GW gone. When Gibbs leaves, I want a defense-oriented hard-ass of a head coach to replace him (one that will let Saunders do his job without interference) and a DC that is young with plenty to prove.

Ok let's see who is SuperSmart here:

You are down by 8. If you go for 1st down and you miss. So now you need to score a TD and then convert - which is not given.

If you go for 3 then you are only down by 5 and only a TD can put you over. I would also go for a 3 and be more SuperSmart then the paying fan!

We still lost correct? We still blew a half time lead correct? This is the consistency of the Redskins, get a lead and lose it down the stretch with SuperSmart Gibbs and his loyal blind minions such as yourself. So you and Gibbs are SuperSmart and both you two lost. Since my way wasn't called we will never no now will we? :point2sky

Do you understand that safety is a different position from cb? Jimoh and Springs are Cb's, Doughty is a safety, who for some reason known only to GW was playing as a CB on that play. locked one on one with a WR with no help. Oh well never mind. lost cause....

Yes I do understand that Safety is a different position, but I also know most CB's can easily revert to Safety :silly:

Troy Vincent, plus there was talk of doing that to Springs to prolong his career, or did you miss that memo? As you said who for some reason known only to GW was playing as a CB on that play the reason is Greg Williams believes it's his schemes and not the players!!!!

DO YOU GET THAT? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HIS FAULTY WAY OF THINKING?

Greg Williams is his own worse enemy and his arrogance is simply amazing! He has no clue when the words ADJUSTMENT is used or referred too. :2cents:

Well since most of the athletes today are negro's what does that tell you? You consider him having a decent game? By who's standards yours :laugh:

Let me break it down for you, you are only as strong as your weakest link okay do you understand that? Get what I am saying?

:doh:

But hey your smart and you know it all and Doughty had a decent game, I concur my only issue is his best plays were when he was sitting on the bench where his butt belongs unless it's a special team play. :notworthy

Yeah, those were some good time weren't they. Spring covering TO like a blanket and handing him off to PP. PP made quite and INT, oops... Well PP really laid out TO on that hit at least didn't he... oops... So much for your race theory.

I think you should check your racism at the door and just watch some football. All the guys on the field in Burgandy are Redskins and should be evaluated using the same standards. I may not know everything, but I know that much.

I also know that in the NFL putting a safety on a WR one on one screams MISMATCH to any QB worth his salt (with only 1 or 2 rare exceptions) , regardless of his race.

Macklin is a Cb too.... you guys don't quite understand football.

What are you talking about? My original suggestion was this

1) Starting Corners Smoot, Macklin

2) Starting Safeties Landry, Springs

I think that combination could have performed better than having a rookie no experience having fool like Reed Doughty out there. We already see PP #20 is having a terrible year, he has been burned more times this year than a 14th street hooker, so he wasn't even in my equation.

So before you talk about us not understanding football you might want to make sure you understand the conversation topics before you post :D

You know I sort of kinda just a little bit agree with SOME things you say, however GW was still the arrogant fool that started Reed Doughty and he still didn't adjust the defense as he should have, for TO to score 4 FRICKING TD's to me is just ridiculous. Greg Williams is past his prime and his once good defensive schemes are now leaving alot to be desired. Also as the Asst Head Coach Defense, yes he is responsible for teaching the players to look back and all that, Shawn Springs blowing an assignment that too was critical but that was 1 TD the Safety play was the cause of the 51 yard change in field position and that is all improper coaching and arrogant play calling IMHO :2cents: by Greg Williams, I hope he is out of here at the end of the season :2cents:

So lets see...we have Fox, Prioleau, and Doughty to choose from. They're all equals in my mind...equally special teams caliber players. I think you're way off here b/c you're getting caught up in the same thing everyone get's caught up in from week to week...but it ain't the coaching. I can tell the fat kid next door to dunk the ball but if he can't do it, he can't do it. My other next door neighbor's kid can jump out the gym but if he's hurt with a bumb knee, what other options do I have if I'm his rec ball coach? We got three fat kids that we can put in there and our stud athlete at that position is out for a couple weeks. I know, horrible analogy but ya' get my drift? :) The play calling gave us a chance to win in the end despite the 4 TD's by Owens...that's what matters. It's not arrogance, it's good play calling and poor execution, period. Williams is a great coach with a great staff and we'll just have to see what adjustments he makes this week until his best defender can get back on the field. He's [Taylor] our Bob Sanders and he's a game changer. If we can find a way to beat the Bucs and Bills and get him back healthy for the Bears, we should be fine. Maybe he'll be ready this week, you never know. Let's let this thing play out before we fire our coaching staff :2cents:

Yes I do understand that Safety is a different position, but I also know most CB's can easily revert to Safety :silly:

Troy Vincent, plus there was talk of doing that to Springs to prolong his career, or did you miss that memo? As you said who for some reason known only to GW was playing as a CB on that play the reason is Greg Williams believes it's his schemes and not the players!!!!

DO YOU GET THAT? DO YOU UNDERSTAND HIS FAULTY WAY OF THINKING?

Greg Williams is his own worse enemy and his arrogance is simply amazing! He has no clue when the words ADJUSTMENT is used or referred too. :2cents:

Wow! You struck gold yet again. It is amazing teams even draft safeties. wonder why they do it, when all you need to do is plug CB's in??????

Yeah, those were some good time weren't they. Spring covering TO like a blanket and handing him off to PP. PP made quite and INT, oops... Well PP really laid out TO on that hit at least didn't he... oops... So much for your race theory.

I think you should check your racism at the door and just watch some football. All the guys on the field in Burgandy are Redskins and should be evaluated using the same standards. I may not know everything, but I know that much.

I also know that in the NFL putting a safety on a WR one on one screams MISMATCH to any QB worth his salt (with only 1 or 2 rare exceptions) , regardless of his race.

Again I didn't make it a race thing, it was an opinion of having Smoot and Macklin start at corner and having Landry and Springs as the safetys. Your point about a safety on a WR screams MISMATCH, yeah that is one of the reasons why I said they should have had Springs in as Free Safety. :2cents:

I have to say without being offensive but saying Shawn Spring was "lazy" is the most ridiculous thing. You can say he didn't have a good game and he missed his assignments, but lazy? WTF? Stop listening to Troy Aikman, and think for yourself.

So lets see...we have Fox, Prioleau, and Doughty to choose from. They're all equals in my mind...equally special teams caliber players. I think you're way off here b/c you're getting caught up in the same thing everyone get's caught up in from week to week...but it ain't the coaching. I can tell the fat kid next door to dunk the ball but if he can't do it, he can't do it. My other next door neighbor's kid can jump out the gym but if he's hurt with a bumb knee, what other options do I have if I'm his rec ball coach? We got three fat kids that we can put in there and our stud athlete at that position is out for a couple weeks. I know, horrible analogy but ya' get my drift? :) The play calling gave us a chance to win in the end despite the 4 TD's by Owens...that's what matters. It's not arrogance, it's good play calling and poor execution, period. Williams is a great coach with a great staff and we'll just have to see what adjustments he makes this week until his best defender can get back on the field. He's [Taylor] our Bob Sanders and he's a game changer. If we can find a way to beat the Bucs and Bills and get him back healthy for the Bears, we should be fine. Maybe he'll be ready this week, you never know. Let's let this thing play out before we fire our coaching staff :2cents:

:notworthy Agreed...:cheers:

I have to say without being offensive but saying Shawn Spring was "lazy" is the most ridiculous thing. You can say he didn't have a good game and he missed his assignments, but lazy? WTF? Stop listening to Troy Aikman, and think for yourself.

His motor wasn't running fast enough to keep up. How about that? ;)

What are you talking about? My original suggestion was this

1) Starting Corners Smoot, Macklin

2) Starting Safeties Landry, Springs

I think that combination could have performed better than having a rookie no experience having fool like Reed Doughty out there. We already see PP #20 is having a terrible year, he has been burned more times this year than a 14th street hooker, so he wasn't even in my equation.

So before you talk about us not understanding football you might want to make sure you understand the conversation topics before you post :D

Again, springs is not a Safety! He is a CB. If it were so easy to just plug a CB in and have a GREAT safety I think the NFL would be chaulk full of them, but it is not. Springs does not hit hard enough to play safety. He is not tough enough to charge in for run support. He would get hurt the first series of plays for crying out loud.

Again, springs is not a Safety! He is a CB. If it were so easy to just plug a CB in and have a GREAT safety I think the NFL would be chaulk full of them, but it is not. Springs does not hit hard enough to play safety. He is not tough enough to charge in for run support. He would get hurt the first series of plays for crying out loud.

Okay let me make this as easy for you as possible, I don't know maybe the gambling and free prostitution out on Las Vegas has your attention somewhere else.

1) Yes I watch the Redskins and as a matter of fact am a season ticket holder.

2) I said playing Springs as a safety would be better than starting Reed Doughty!

3) I never said anything about playing him full time :doh:

4) When Springs came in to training camp there was some times where he was lining up at Safety!! so he has some experience in the position! :D

5) As far as hitting hard enough he may not hit hard but he surely body slammed TO at the begining of the game though didn't he?:point2sky

I'll tell you this much, when 2 defensive backs let TO blow by them, then just sit there in their zone like nothing happened, there is a lack of coaching that was definitely shown. The patriots could have their whole second string defense in and would not have let something like that happen to them. Backups or not, you have to know if there are other backs behind you before you let someone like owens run right past.

I'll tell you this much, when 2 defensive backs let TO blow by them, then just sit there in their zone like nothing happened, there is a lack of coaching that was definitely shown. The patriots could have their whole second string defense in and would not have let something like that happen to them. Backups or not, you have to know if there are other backs behind you before you let someone like owens run right past.

:point2sky By golly we have a winner here! Someone send a memo to Gibbs, instead of worrying about SUPER SMART PLAYERS, he also needs SUPER SMART COACHES that can properly coach :notworthy

We had all these people on here saying how LaVar wasn't smart enough and all that but yet he is gone and we still see lack of coaching :doh: it's amazing how gullable people are here on ES and in the world in general. Joe Gibbs knows more about football in his finger than we all know together and all that crazy nonsense is a crock, Greg Williams and his supposed great defensive schemes suck, he doesn't have good coaching teaching fundamentals and I see too many issues that GOOD COACHING would have addressed weeks ago. :2cents:

Okay let me make this as easy for you as possible, I don't know maybe the gambling and free prostitution out on Las Vegas has your attention somewhere else.

1) Yes I watch the Redskins and as a matter of fact am a season ticket holder.

2) I said playing Springs as a safety would be better than starting Reed Doughty!

3) I never said anything about playing him full time :doh:

4) When Springs came in to training camp there was some times where he was lining up at Safety!! so he has some experience in the position! :D

5) As far as hitting hard enough he may not hit hard but he surely body slammed TO at the begining of the game though didn't he?:point2sky

That was not what you were saying, but I will agree that in any situation/scheme where a DB needs to cover a WR one on one we need to put a CB there.

Point blank, the bottom line is the coaching on this team is atrocious!! Despite all of the injuries the team has endured this year, the coaches do not make the right player personel adjustments. For instance, why hasn't Keenan McCardell been playing when he's a proven WR who has caught almost every pass thrown to him vs. James Thrash, who, despite having the game of his life last week, usually seems to have "crisco" on his hands!! Now Taylor & Rodgers are out, and GW puts in Doughty & Prioleau. I think Fox may have done a better job than Doughty. And somehow, I think a decent veteran like Macklin can contribute in some kind of way, much more than Leigh Torrence who doesn't seem to have a clue to what's going on. Why sign players if you're not going to play them when the time arises? (Has anyone seen Caldwell with his uniform on yet?) But the thing about GW that upsets me the most, is why is he allowing (coaching) the CB's to give 15 yd cushions to WR's who are average. If he wants to run that BS cover 2 scheme, which hasn't worked all year, it would seem that he would try to be more aggressive then to GIVE teams constant first down's with only 5 yds to go!! Then on post game interviews, talk about how they need to stop teams on 3rd down? Solution: DON'T GIVE 10-15 YD CUSHIONS ON WIDE RECEIVERS ON ANY DOWN!! So please, don't tell me that the coaching has nothing to do with our execution on the field!!

:point2sky

WE NEED A DEFENSIVE LINE!!

Andre Carter is nice but he's not creating anywhere near the type of pressure that Ware was creating.

Griffin is nice, but he's not what he was when he first got here.

I haven't even been seeing Golston this year, and everyone was making the argument that he was the second-coming of Griffin in the offseason.

Montgomery is good for a few plays every game, but he's a player thats servicable in the rotation, not a playmaker.

Daniels/Evans do nothing for putting pressure on the QB, and they're adequate in stopping the run.

Is it too much to ask for at least one of the players at DL to be playing at pro bowl level? Is it too much to ask for somebody who demands a double team? I mean, just imagine if we had Montgomery and Golston as our backup DTs coming in to relieve first round pick DT in only certan situations. Just imagine the same thing about Evans/Daniels. Imagine if we were actually able to play four quarters with our defensive line, as opposed to a few plays every quarter.

I had a dream that we had DEs that could rush the passer like the Giants or the Jaguars, DTs that could stop the run, a DL that didn't give QBs 30 seconds to throw the ball, hence we didn't need an overpriced secondary that is always out with hamstring injuries and still can't cover better than some teams benches.

I can even understand what Williams wants to do with the non-blitz thing. But its assuming that we have a DL that can create pressure. We have a DL that will occasionally win some battles, but for the most part, QBs are sitting back there having lunch and consequentially picking our defense apart, especially on third downs.

Point blank, the bottom line is the coaching on this team is atrocious!! Despite all of the injuries the team has endured this year, the coaches do not make the right player personel adjustments. For instance, why hasn't Keenan McCardell been playing when he's a proven WR who has caught almost every pass thrown to him vs. James Thrash, who, despite having the game of his life last week, usually seems to have "crisco" on his hands!! Now Taylor & Rodgers are out, and GW puts in Doughty & Prioleau. I think Fox may have done a better job than Doughty. And somehow, I think a decent veteran like Macklin can contribute in some kind of way, much more than Leigh Torrence who doesn't seem to have a clue to what's going on. Why sign players if you're not going to play them when the time arises? (Has anyone seen Caldwell with his uniform on yet?) But the thing about GW that upsets me the most, is why is he allowing (coaching) the CB's to give 15 yd cushions to WR's who are average. If he wants to run that BS cover 2 scheme, which hasn't worked all year, it would seem that he would try to be more aggressive then to GIVE teams constant first down's with only 5 yds to go!! Then on post game interviews, talk about how they need to stop teams on 3rd down? Solution: DON'T GIVE 10-15 YD CUSHIONS ON WIDE RECEIVERS ON ANY DOWN!! So please, don't tell me that the coaching has nothing to do with our execution on the field!!

:point2sky

Dude you are so on point, however you will get the Gibbs and Company has more football knowledge in thier fingers than you, me or anyone else on this board does. Greg Williams is too arrogant for his own good, Jerry Grey is about the sorriest DB coach I have ever seen, he appears to NOT TEACH fundamentals and Gibbs is stuck in the 80's and 90's and refuses to adjust his thinking in the Redzone. We run up and down the field and then Gibbs takes the play calling back from Saunders and what does that do? Conservative BASS ACKWARD plays that wouldn't work in College yet he continues to try them. Portis blew the whistle a few weeks ago about how they are in practice and it flows over to the game, well it appears they are getting better as witnessed by the offense, but the thing is, all these people on this board are saying "Now the offense is jelling and getting better" That is a crock, finally they are opening up the playbook so the tendencies all the defenses used to count on with Gibbs isn't working because of more varieties of plays. What Gibbs needs to do is get real with himself and admit he doesn't have it anymore, todays NFL has passed him by and he would better serve this franchise by giving all play calling duties to Al Saunders, Gibbs does not need to call any plays in the red zone because Gibbs thinks Red is for Stopping like he is at a Red light, and he surely stops the offense now doesn't he? :2cents:

Archived