Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me out. I'd like some info on Reche Caldwell. (Mod edited title)

lilty1975

Some people just dont fit well in certain situations. He has played a few downs, and we may see more of him with the injuries. However, for him not to be able to crack a regular roster spot, there has to be more then meets the eye in the situation. McCardell gets more playing time and Caldwell is younger. He was the leading reciever on the Patriots last year and we all know he is capable. Im more excited about Farris. He and Campbell have chemistry.

He hasn't played very much (maybe one game, but I could be wrong). He will be getting a lot more playing time this week due to the injuries within the WR corps so this will finally give us a look at what he can do. I don't think hes a bad WR at all, and with LLoyd injured maybe he gets a chance to prove me right or wrong.

I don't think he has played yet this season so this will be his first action as a Redskin. Last year, he was one of the "no name" WR's Tom Brady was throwing to up in NE.

06 Stats at NE:

61 catches, 760 yards, 4 td's

He has played this season, i forget which game. Im not sure if he has a catch though.

Some people just dont fit well in certain situations. He has played a few downs, and we may see more of him with the injuries. However, for him not to be able to crack a regular roster spot, there has to be more then meets the eye in the situation. McCardell gets more playing time and Caldwell is younger. He was the leading reciever on the Patriots last year and we all know he is capable. Im more excited about Farris. He and Campbell have chemistry.

Do you have any stats on Farris (ie height,weight, nfl experience)

The guy has hands of stone, and simply isn't good enough to merit playing time. Kudos to Tom Brady for actually making him look like a semi-competent WR. He may get some time now that everyone in front of him is ailing. Here come the drops....

I remember him dropping some easy passes with NE but I didn't know it was routine. Are his hands really that bad? 760yds recieving ain't too shabby.

The guy has hands of stone, and simply isn't good enough to merit playing time. Kudos to Tom Brady for actually making him look like a semi-competent WR. He may get some time now that everyone in front of him is ailing. Here come the drops....

Yet another banner pick-up for the Skins. I wonder how many of these Vinny puts on his resume.

Caldwell doesn't have good character so like Lloyd he's been regulated to sitting on the bench while other players with good character like James Thrash get to play. Gibbs isn't coaching football players anymore, he's looking to fill a choir practice

Where did you hear this from? I haven't heard any complaints about his character. I thought he wasn't playing simply because he sucks. And I thought we were through with Gators....

There has to be a reason Caldwell hasn't been more in the mix. . . but I do wonder if his hands of stone reputation is derived more from that high profile Super Bowl drop more than any real history of drops.

He really has been the invisible man this season, even more so than Lloyd, which is odd given his respectable numbers coming from a good New England team last season.

Where did you hear this from? I haven't heard any complaints about his character. I thought he wasn't playing simply because he sucks. And I thought we were through with Gators....

He was taking a thinly veiled shot at Gibbs, rather then at Caldwell.

There has to be a reason Caldwell hasn't been more in the mix. . . but I do wonder if his hands of stone reputation is derived more from that high profile Super Bowl drop more than any real history of drops.

He really has been the invisible man this season, even more so than Lloyd, which is odd given his respectable numbers coming from a good New England team last season.

I think the drop you're speaking of happened in the AFC Championship or Divisional playoff rounds. He wasn't on the Patriots for any of their Super Bowl appearances.

I think part of the reason it's taken him a while to get on the field is because of the timing of his signing. He needed some time to learn the offense AND the guys ahead of him on the roster all had some sort of advantage to get playing time.

Moss and ARE obviously had the #1 and #2 spots. Thrash and McCardel are both veterans, and we all know Gibbs prefers vets. And Lloyd just because there is so much money tied up with him.

So now because of injuries Caldwell can finally overcome some of those obsticales I've listed and get on the field. Hope he produces...

Archived