Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium clearing out w/ a chance to still win

SkinsWizCubsDukes

Consequently, I'd be fine with these issues if they were being committed under a young coaching staff with young players. But with a few exceptions, we have an old team (where it matters) and even older coaches. Things are going to get worse before they get better.

It's sad how true this is. And when a new coach comes in, get ready to see a few more years of mediocrity as he installs his system and players.

Oh but back on topic, I'll leave whenever I want! :)

Somebody better if you can't tell the difference between a three-score game and one-score game. You're a dolt and part of the reason why FedEx will continue to be the joke of a gameday experience that it is.

You can't keep your story straight. Either you want "true fans" or you don't. Make up your mind.

Plus the original thread starters point and yours was we lost because fans left. Now you are talking about the gameday experience? You seem to really not be able to keep on track with an argument.

FedEx as a whole is part of the problem....but RFK was a ****ty hole in the wall of a stadium and was regarded as one of the best gameday experiences around. That was in large part because of the fans that rocked that stadium.

The only thing we can control is the being a fan part. But right now the fan base is part of the problem.

Same with you. The point of this tread was not FEDEX vs. RFK or the game day experience. It was we lost and it was because the fans did not stick around. That is the only thing I am arguing.

YES FEDEX could be better. YES a lot of fans could be better, but it is not anyones fault that the team lost but the team. So stop attacking me about it.

That's all good and fine, but something tells me that the 30,000 others who left didn't have an excuse as valid as yours.

I live in NJ. My in-laws watched my 18 month daugher. They came from central PA to do so. Leaving early lets me get home to see my daughter before her bed time and my in-laws get to leave so they get home at a fairly reasonable time.

I will say that if the previous 2 min. offense would have done anything, I would have stayed, but after they just had the ball and went 3 and out and looked bad doing it, I found it EXTREMELY unlikely they would do any better. In addition, they have a history of not running a good 2 minute offense. In the Giants and the Packers game they failed to go down the field and score a tying FG. Essentially, there was absolutely no reason to believe they would be able to go down the field and get a TD and the 2 pt. conversion.

By the way, how dumb would have Reid looked if they had go down the field? That's why you kneel!!

You can't keep your story straight. Either you want "true fans" or you don't. Make up your mind.

Plus the original thread starters point and yours was we lost because fans left. Now you are talking about the gameday experience? You seem to really not be able to keep on track with an argument.

Please provide a quote on that point... When did I even mention the words "true fans" and make that dichotomy? I said fans should be able to tell when the game is over and know when it's appropriate to leave.

Same with you. The point of this tread was not FEDEX vs. RFK or the game day experience. It was we lost and it was because the fans did not stick around. That is the only thing I am arguing.

YES FEDEX could be better. YES a lot of fans could be better, but it is not anyones faul that the team lost but the team. So stop attacking me about it.

I didn't say we "lost because the fans did not stick around." I said it absolutely contributed to us failing on our final drive, but I didn't say that was the reason.

Trust me, I've been on this site long enough to know not to be surprised about being blasted for things...

Again, to me, the extra 45 minutes was worth it with a 4-month old at home. I get two days to spend with him before heading back to work, so when I left my house at 8AM and didn't get back until after 7PM, that time is precious to me. Had I missed a miracle, I'd have been OK with that...I make my choice, I can live with it.

Like I said earlier though, win or lose in that situation, the problems remain the same!! We are not a good team and won't be under this regime. So, I wasn't objecting to a loss (I've stayed all 60 minutes in bigger losses than this) as much as our style of play yet again.

I can totally understand that. Yesterday was the first day we ever left with time on the clock. Because:

1.) The two sets of downs down there just was the proverbial straw for me.

2.) My wife was crying. This is our childhood idol, as you said. To watch what he has become is pathetic. I would rather we could remember him for what he was.

3.) The Philly fans were absolutely abusing everyone in our section including the children. We decided my Dad and son had heard enough. Especially when two of their fans in their 40s were talking about what they wanted to do to the 16 or 17 year old girl (Skins fan) behind us to celebrate their victory. Typical classy Eagles fans.

3.) The Philly fans were absolutely abusing everyone in our section including the children. We decided my Dad and son had heard enough. Especially when two of their fans in their 40s were talking about what they wanted to do to the 16 or 17 year old girl (Skins fan) behind us to celebrate their victory. Typical classy Eagles fans.

Unbelievable.

Stop leaving the damn games early, the team needs to see that support.

This team needs to learn how to finish games, and stop letting down the thousands of fans who support them week after week. When you constantly lose games you should win, and break the hearts of your die-hard fans week after week, there comes a point where people can't take it anymore.

You want the fans at FedEx to cheer? Then the Redskins need to give them something to cheer about. When the Skins clobbered the Cowboys 35-7 in 2005, did you see that stadium empty out?

Fair enough. And calling you a dolt was unnecessary, my bad. :logo:

I really think we are on the same page, but just different paragraphs. I think we need to stay and support our team, but I can understand if someone just gets tierd of the same old crap with the skins and doesn't want to see it anymore. I think we are all frustrated and if we were to beat the cowgirls next week by some miracle of God, then all would be good again in Redskin nation.

You want the fans at FedEx to cheer? Then the Redskins need to give them something to cheer about. When the Skins clobbered the Cowboys 35-7 in 2005, did you see that stadium empty out?

So when we're winning, we cheer the team on.

When we were winning for most of the game, then slipped up, but still had a chance to win, we dont need to cheer the team on.

fair.weather.fan. thats the definition right there.

I was ready to leave when we lost the 4th down and gave the ball back to phily because i thought they were going to kneel and ball game over.. The best thing was to allow them to score and we got the ball back and then i watched the end

Again, I think that's when a lot of people left. At that point we had no timeouts except the 2 min warning and expected the Eagles to call some runs which we'd stop and then they'd kick the FG and go up by 4, giving us a snowball's chance of hell of driving the field with less than a minute left and no timeouts. By the time Westy ran it in, many were probably in the concourses and weren't paying attention.

A larger issue is the crowd at FedEx. I know there was another thread started praising the fans effort yesterday, but I didn't see it. For a crucial game, I thought the crowd was relatively docile. I don't think it got especially loud on 3rd downs. I'm not one of these who insists that you have to stand on 3rd downs, etc., but there's simply too many folks who attend that just don't care.

I would walk out too if I were there and I had to rely on Jason Campbell on winning the game for us. Kid is a choke artist and doesn't perform when it counts. Had it been Peyton Manning or Tom Brady back there, I would stay. But you can clearly see over JC's games that he is NOT a big time quarterback and is a second stringer at best. He's not good at all. One day you tunnel vision fans might see it. I'm a fan, and recognize talent when I see it.

That's all good and fine, but something tells me that the 30,000 others who left didn't have an excuse as valid as yours.

My point wasn't to get my "leaving early pass" approved by you guys. It was more to highlight that EVERYONE has something they'd rather do than sit in traffic for 3 hours AFTER another devastating and frustrating loss. I'm sure the other 30K that left when I did had something equally as important to them to get to as I did.

When you are constantly disappointed, you start to react...it's pretty common!

A larger issue is the crowd at FedEx. I know there was another thread started praising the fans effort yesterday, but I didn't see it. For a crucial game, I thought the crowd was relatively docile. I don't think it got especially loud on 3rd downs. I'm not one of these who insists that you have to stand on 3rd downs, etc., but there's simply too many folks who attend that just don't care.

Tearing down the club level might be a good start to fixing this.

My point wasn't to get my "leaving early pass" approved by you guys. It was more to highlight that EVERYONE has something they'd rather do than sit in traffic for 3 hours AFTER another devastating and frustrating loss. I'm sure the other 30K that left when I did had something equally as important to them to get to as I did.

When you are constantly disappointed, you start to react...it's pretty common!

Well, maybe those people are better suited to watching the game at home.

Not to mention, what's with everyone making friends with the other team's fans? We had two Eagle fans near us and everyone is chummy with them the whole game. It's strange.

Well, maybe those people are better suited to watching the game at home.

Maybe. I know I prefer to watch the games at home. I like to get to one per year, but the drunk fans, the hassle, and the traffic make the overall experience pretty annoying. The game is a nice 3-hour hiatus...

Believe me, if there were 92,000 die hards out there, you wouldn't have to worry about others getting the tickets. If they were as tough to come across as they were at RFK, I think even the once-a-season fans would act differently.

Not to mention, what's with everyone making friends with the other team's fans? We had two Eagle fans near us and everyone is chummy with them the whole game. It's strange.

TD, I don't have a big issue with being "chummy" with opposing teams fans as long as they're being respectful. We don't have to resort to throwing beer and food and making threats like some at the Linc do. But you know what makes the Philly atmosphere appear hostile? The fact that 99 percent of the folks who attend are decked out in midnight green or white. The fact that all of their keisters are in their seats at kickoff. The fact that they get loud if the game is at all remotely close. In comparison, FedEx attendees fail miserably.

TD, I don't have a big issue with being "chummy" with opposing teams fans as long as they're being respectful. We don't have to resort to throwing beer and food and making threats like some at the Linc do. But you know what makes the Philly atmosphere appear hostile? The fact that 99 percent of the folks who attend are decked out in midnight green or white. The fact that all of their keisters are in their seats at kickoff. The fact that they get loud if the game is at all remotely close. In comparison, FedEx attendees fail miserably.

well said.

Believe me, if there were 92,000 die hards out there, you wouldn't have to worry about others getting the tickets. If they were as tough to come across as they were at RFK, I think even the once-a-season fans would act differently.

The Redskins built a stadium that is far too big for an average team.

Archived