Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium clearing out w/ a chance to still win

SkinsWizCubsDukes

Right after Campbell turned the ball over late in the game, some guy was walking out...I was yelling at him, where are you going?!? He gave me some ugly look and I told him to get out of here and to go beat the traffic. His response was I am a "die hard" fan, this was as he was making his way out of the stands and giving up on his team. He told me that he held season tickets longer than I was alive, yeah right, if that was true he wouldn't have been sitting in cheap seats with me.

The most frustrating thing for me as a TRUE Redskins fan, is that when the Eagles recovered that fumble with about 3 min. to go, at least 60% of the stadium was leaving.

We let the team score and then were only down by 8 with over 2 minutes. People need to wake up and smell the coffee, you are not going to beat the traffic when the whole stadium is pouring out, and you are in the upper level.

Stop leaving the damn games early, the team needs to see that support.

It's no wonder that we couldn't put anything together when we were down by 8. There weren't any fans. The players can see that the seats are empty, if they see that stadium full and rocking, they might show a better effort in the 2 minute drill.

If the fans don't have faith in the team...the team won't have faith in themselves.

Stop leaving the damn games early, the team needs to see that support.

It's no wonder that we couldn't put anything together when we were down by 8. There weren't any fans. The players can see that the seats are empty, if they see that stadium full and rocking, they might show a better effort in the 2 minute drill.

If the fans don't have faith in the team...the team won't have faith in themselves.

Sorry pal...but the team needs to find its motivation and drive on its own. I don't have any problem staying until the end...but when you've been disappointed this often for 15 years, you can do what you want.

Consequently, who was right...the fans that knew once we relinquished the lead, the game was over (because we've all seen it 100 times) or the ones that thought we'd pull a miracle?

Yeah, well most people are freaking retarded. I had an argument with some white trash piece of **** Eagle fan girl with busted teeth because she called me an f'ing idiot for saying we let them score...ha. I was like...it's a one possession game, she said "no it's not!" hahahaha dumbass. Told her to go back to 3rd grade math.

I thought the Eagles actually recovered the ball with a little more than 2 minutes left. I wasn't expecting Williams (correctly, to his credit) to tell the defense to lay down in case of a run, and I thought the Eagles would probably take it down to like a minute left and kick an FG to go up by 4, in which case we'd have no prayer.

Today was the first time I have EVER left the stadium with anything more than 0:00 on the clock. My family was stunned.

But that draw play just completely pissed me off. I almost left then to prevent my disappointment in my childhood hero from turning into hatred.

I doubt I'll leave another game early, but today I had just had enough. It was the culmination of a lot of years of frustration.

But again, I think next time I will stay. I got that out of my system. It was much more of a protest (and disgust) than trying to beat traffic or anything.

Lets see......

Redskins Blew the lead- Check

Get ball back, O in complete disarray- Check

4th and 13- no pass blocking, Jason fumbles, TO- Check

TD Eagles- Check

33-25 Game Over with about 2:24 on the clock- Check

Me leaving after that so I don't hear chants of E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!, wind up punching out assclown Eagles fan, getting arrested and spending night in jail = priceless

Your gripe is with those who left when it was 25-22 Skins and we were kicking to the Eagles with 4+ minutes left and we could have used some extra voices on D. ;)

Sorry pal...but the team needs to find its motivation and drive on its own. I don't have any problem staying until the end...but when you've been disappointed this often for 15 years, you can do what you want.

Consequently, who was right...the fans that knew once we relinquished the lead, the game was over (because we've all seen it 100 times) or the ones that thought we'd pull a miracle?

I guess you missed the Cowboys game last season...did you catch the end of the Cardinals game last home game??? Well, I hope you did, because 50% of the stadium missed us win.

The fact is, the fans would rather try and beat an extra 30 minutes of traffic than to see the end of the game, which is the only part of the game that matters. They should just stay at home and spend that money on a flatscreen and turn the game off early there. Save the seats for a TRUE fan.

How would you like it if you were performing on a big stage...and you get your chance to perform the finale, but all of your supporters have left. It gets them down, they notice the empty stadium, whether that should matter or not, subconciously it has to matter...and conciously I feel like it matters too.

Consequently, the fans that stayed were right. Because for one AFTER the game, there wasn't any traffic...and they missed the very thing they paid their money for.

I can understand if we are losing by 14 or something. Or winning by 14. But don't leave the game early because you have seen it 100 times, because if you miss those games like Dallas last season you will in the end be on the losing end.

But Cheers to all of you for any insight:cheers:...and HTTR!

Lets see......

Redskins Blew the lead- Check

Get ball back, O in complete disarray- Check

4th and 13- no pass blocking, Jason fumbles, TO- Check

TD Eagles- Check

33-25 Game Over with about a minute on the clock- Check

Me leaving after that so I don't hear chants of E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!, wind up punching out assclown Eagles fan, getting arrested and spending night in jail = priceless

Your gripe is with those who left when it was 25-22 Skins and we were kicking to the Eagles with 4+ minutes left and we could have used some extra voices on D. ;)

Sorry buddy, the stadium was clearing out right after the Campbell fumble. And we got the ball back with OVER 2 minutes to play. AS SEEN HERE:

4-13-WAS 22 (2:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell sacked at WAS 12 for -10 yards (98-M.Patterson). FUMBLES (98-M.Patterson), RECOVERED by PHI-58-T.Cole at WAS 10. 58-T.Cole to WAS 10 for no gain (71-T.Wade). Philadelphia Eagles at 02:24 1-10-WAS 10 (2:24) 36-B.Westbrook right guard for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 2-D.Akers extra point is GOOD, Center-46-J.Dorenbos, Holder-6-S.Rocca. PHI 33 WAS 25 Plays: 1 Possession: 0:06

Washington Redskins at 02:18 2-D.Akers kicks 63 yards from PHI 30 to WAS 7. 31-R.Cartwright to WAS 30 for 23 yards (56-A.Jordan). 1-10-WAS 30 (2:13) (Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to 26-C.Portis. 2-10-WAS 30 (2:08) (Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell pass short middle to 80-K.McCardell to WAS 45 for 15 yards (27-Q.Mikell). Two-Minute Warning 1-10-WAS 45 (2:00) (Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell pass short left to 47-C.Cooley pushed ob at WAS 47 for 2 yards (24-S.Brown). 2-8-WAS 47 (1:55) (Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell Aborted. 61-C.Rabach FUMBLES at WAS 40, recovered by WAS-17-J.Campbell at WAS 40. 17-J.Campbell to WAS 40 for no gain (58-T.Cole). 3-15-WAS 40 (1:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell pass incomplete short middle to 87-T.Yoder [75-J.Thomas]. 4-15-WAS 40 (1:29) (Shotgun) 17-J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to 85-B.Lloyd (20-B.Dawkins). Philadelphia Eagles at 01:22

Once again, MY gripe is with the fans that left after Campbell fumbled, then we let them score (good strategy) and then had plenty of time left.

Y'know what Luver......

The frigging team gave up at the end.

You made me say it.

Didn't want to but you forced me to.

This wasn't the Cardinals game. This wasn't the Cowboys game.

This was TONIGHT's game and they gave the **** up.........

Look at the plays after the the TD, fans didn't do that. Fans didn't block for Jason. Fans didn't fumble balls or drop passes or let Westbrook run right into the endzone. Nor did the fans waste a bunch of timeouts that we could have used down 8 with 2:24 left.

So hey glad you stayed :applause: .... I'd seen enough.

I'm a bad fan to LavarLuver big deal.....I've been called alot worse by the Eagle fans today.

Glad you're the super-smart real, true, die-hard Redskins fan who stayed and fought his guts out.

I guess you missed the Cowboys game last season...did you catch the end of the Cardinals game last home game??? Well, I hope you did, because 50% of the stadium missed us win.

I understand what you're saying because I WAS there for the miracle last year against Dallas and the OTs last year and this year and the missed FG against the Cards.

And I plan to be there for the next miracle at 0:00. But today was just too much to sit through another minute of it.

dude seriously shut up. Accept the fact that this isnt a great football team. Fans supported this team for years, and the team does nothing but let us down every year.

2 playoff appearence in 15 years, and be supportive pssh.....whatever dude. Im tired of making excuses for the team failure, and the embarrasement us fans receives from other fanbases. Im sick of it. So what if they repeat a winning streak to enter the playoff just to lose once again in the divisional playoff for the 3rd time since 1999.

Why anyone would want to leave and beat traffic instead of watching the vaunted Redskins 2 minute offense is beyond me.

I feel you man, but we have got to support the teams.

Deadman, the team did give up...my point is that they gave up because they looked around and saw that they had nothing to play for because the fans already left.

dude seriously shut up. Accept the fact that this isnt a great football team. Fans supported this team for years, and the team does nothing but let us down every year.

2 playoff appearence in 15 years, and be supportive pssh.....whatever dude. Im tired of making excuses for the team failure, and the embarrasement us fans receives from other fanbases. Im sick of it. So what if they repeat a winning streak to enter the playoff just to lose once again in the divisional playoff for the 3rd time since 1999.

You could always become a Patriots fan...

Archived