Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tough Practices Return!

D'Pablo

"Gibbs has altered the intensity of practice since Sunday's loss. He has spent more time engaged in physical "live" run-blocking and blitz protection drills, and the message delivered again to the players this week resonates like so many since 2004, although the results have been mixed at best. The Redskins remain one of the NFL's predominant teams in rushing attempts, while the league becomes increasingly dominated by spread offenses and dynamic passing attacks."

as per the Post's article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/01/AR2007110102673.html

I believe a lot of us, myself included, were a bit angry at a reported lack of physicality in our practices. Well, this news sounds fantastic to me. I'll bet this has been the main culprit behind our offensive failures. After all, how does one play smashmouth football without experiencing collisions until gameday?

:doh: Yeah, what' up with all those hamstring injuries keeping them from playing. Damn, when I was in high school, I just wrapped it up real tight and went out and played. Pampered pansies.
You didn't risk losing millions and millions of dollars by playing injured though...

Honestly, I don't understand why any coach would allow such lax practices when it comes to an NFL team. I'm actually irritated that we had to get our asses handed to us to wake up a hall of fame coach.

I can bet that NE practices VERY VERY hard and they still respect their coach, cheater or not.

Now they just need to stop doing cutesy Press conferences with all the Laughing and happy frolicing going on behind the scenes. Show some grit...geeze. You just got bent over on national TV.

I was hoping they would all be more intense and maybe a bit pissed this week. They should have been practicing hard all year..wtf

Great, more conservative.

Gasoline on a fire, my friends.

Whether it's conservative or not, trying to establish and stay dedicated to a much more powerful, physical, and effective running game is going to help the team get better, not make it worse. An ineffective running game will make your offense look conservative and slow. If we fix it, the offense will roll, thus making it look "liberal".

sad hat it takes a 45 point beatdown to intensify the practices.

Just consider us lucky that the beatdown happened when we still had a winning record and weren't dead in our division. With more intensity, we can turn this thing around yet.

:cheers:

Archived