Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Addicted to Fear - Cowardice Has Become the Source of Republican Power

chomerics

Weak? Weak is giving a damn about history when the issue at hand affects us now. If the democrats used fear tactics... who the hell cares and how does that change the present? Democrats didn't free the slaves either but they dominate the black vote today.

Right now a party that failed is still trying to scare the voters into letting them have their way. It's bad now, it's bad whenever anyone does it, but right now matters now.

k?

Weak? Weak is giving a damn about history when the issue at hand affects us now. If the democrats used fear tactics... who the hell cares and how does that change the present? Democrats didn't free the slaves either but they dominate the black vote today.

Right now a party that failed is still trying to scare the voters into letting them have their way. It's bad now, it's bad whenever anyone does it, but right now matters now.

k?

What about the domestic spying scare?

What about pulling out the troops?

What about stopping corruption?

Is that history now that the Dems gained control :laugh:

k?

Is that history now that the Dems gained control :laugh:

k?

there is plenty of fear mongering among the dems too Destino. Both sides do it. Denying it is simply dishonest.

Know what I think? i don't think you WANT to see it. but nonetheless, I think you know its there. There have been plenty of examples in this thread.

k?

there is plenty of fear mongering among the dems too Destino. Both sides do it. Denying it is simply dishonest.

Know what I think? i don't think you WANT to see it. but nonetheless, I think you know its there. There have been plenty of examples in this thread.

The most interesting thing about a number of these topics is that quite a few of these boogeymen are real. Terrorism is something that we need to be vigilant about, so is government corruption and abuses from domestic spying. Global warming or the impact of pollution or however you want to frame it is a very real problem... look at the increase in asthma and cancer rates. So, to what extent are the various forces of evil called our politicians using fear to manipulate us and to what extent are these fears valid.

The fears we respond to probably says as much about us as it does them.

The most interesting thing about a number of these topics is that quite a few of these boogeymen are real. Terrorism is something that we need to be vigilant about, so is government corruption and abuses from domestic spying. Global warming or the impact of pollution or however you want to frame it is a very real problem... look at the increase in asthma and cancer rates. So, to what extent are the various forces of evil called our politicians using fear to manipulate us and to what extent are these fears valid.

yes... it's like the boy who cried wolf

At this point, it all gets lumped in and rolled up together... which is a shame

yes... it's like the boy who cried wolf

At this point, it all gets lumped in and rolled up together... which is a shame

Still, if you think about it in the simplest sense. Bush starts with B, so he's a bad guy.

Gore starts with G and so he's a good guy.

R stands for Republican and so their rotten religious radicals

D stands for Democrat and so they're all damned... er dandy.

Independents start with I so they must be intelligent.

(this post is clear evidence that I haven't gotten enough sleep in the last five days.)

Still, if you think about it in the simplest sense. Bush starts with B, so he's a bad guy.

Gore starts with G and so he's a good guy.

R stands for Republican and so their rotten religious radicals

D stands for Democrat and so they're all damned... er dandy.

Independents start with I so they must be intelligent.

(this post is clear evidence that I haven't gotten enough sleep in the last five days.)

That's not a scare, it's a national embarassment. The President stood there and lied to everyone about what was going on and was exposed for breaking the law. Some of you thought the whistleblower should have been jailed, like good little fascists.

You call this a scare tactic? This is an issue where the dems didn't have the balls to do what should have been done when a President is caught knowingly breaking the law. If anything they caved... not tried to scare anyone.

How is this a scare tactic? Vote for us or no one will pull out the troops? That's pretty weak man...

What about the sky being blue... dude you are really failing badly here. The GOP is saying a bearded man in a cave can do was the USSR couldn't and that voting for demorcats will result in nuclear attacks at home. You respond with "clean up washington" a slogan that comes preprinted on campaign buttons regardless of party.

That's not a scare, it's a national embarassment. The President stood there and lied to everyone about what was going on and was exposed for breaking the law. Some of you thought the whistleblower should have been jailed, like good little fascists.

You call this a scare tactic? This is an issue where the dems didn't have the balls to do what should have been done when a President is caught knowingly breaking the law. If anything they caved... not tried to scare anyone.

How is this a scare tactic? Vote for us or no one will pull out the troops? That's pretty weak man...

What about the sky being blue... dude you are really failing badly here. The GOP is saying a bearded man in a cave can do was the USSR couldn't and that voting for demorcats will result in nuclear attacks at home. You respond with "clean up washington" a slogan that comes preprinted on campaign buttons regardless of party.

Zoony - vote for us or US cities will be nuked. Support torture, american lives depend on it. Support the war or we will be fighting the war on American streets.

I can go on. Those aren't quotes but their close and we all know it. Feel free to post your Dem fear tactics zoony and lets compare them. Let's compare how they are used.

Every party will look at their opponents as bad for the nation... that's why they are in different parties. That view can be looked upon as fear tactics. But the GOP at the moment is very literally telling people their families may die if they don't support any number of controversial GOP backed laws and the GOP in general.

Zoony - vote for us or US cities will be nuked. Support torture, american lives depend on it. Support the war or we will be fighting the war on American streets.

I can go on. Those aren't quotes but their close and we all know it. Feel free to post your Dem fear tactics zoony and lets compare them. Let's compare how they are used.

Every party will look at their opponents as bad for the nation... that's why they are in different parties. That view can be looked upon as fear tactics. But the GOP at the moment is very literally telling people their families may die if they don't support any number of controversial GOP backed laws and the GOP in general.

......3 - Republican do want to do away with social security. Admit it, you'll feel better after you do....

And since the Al Gore "Lock Box" hasn't materialized, I guess the Democrats want SS do die by default

At least the Savings Plan the Republicans propose is a solution that doesn't include another DEMOCRATIC TAX INCREASE

......3 - Republican do want to do away with social security. Admit it, you'll feel better after you do....

And since the Al Gore "Lock Box" hasn't materialized, I guess the Democrats want SS do die by default

At least the Savings Plan the Republicans propose is a solution that doesn't include another DEMOCRATIC TAX INCREASE

Maybe they use these "fear" tactics to remind some of those among us trapped in a veil of decadence and an illusion of invulnerability, that our peace and prosperity is fleeting and can be taken from us in a heart beat if we arent constantly vigilant and proactive in combating those who would wish to destroy it.

Those who want peace prepare for war. Those in power, thankfully do not think for a second that the world will get along without us, but instead gets along because of us.

This world is not a peaceful place, thousands of years of history has proven that. We hopefully will always have to foresight to project power to enforce the peace and try as best we can to keep weapons that could crush a society out of the hands of those who would use them.

ANY morning we could wake up to a tragedy caused by the enemies of the U.S. that would shake our country to its knees, and make sept 11 look like a appetizer.

This is not fear it is REALITY.

There are no other issues for a party to use fear tactics about that hits quite as hard as a weapon of mass destruction in all of its varying forms, and they are out there, and there are people willing to use them.

To forget that, even for an instant, is to invite catastrophe

Maybe they use these "fear" tactics to remind some of those among us trapped in a veil of decadence and an illusion of invulnerability, that our peace and prosperity is fleeting and can be taken from us in a heart beat if we arent constantly vigilant and proactive in combating those who would wish to destroy it.

Those who want peace prepare for war. Those in power, thankfully do not think for a second that the world will get along without us, but instead gets along because of us.

This world is not a peaceful place, thousands of years of history has proven that. We hopefully will always have to foresight to project power to enforce the peace and try as best we can to keep weapons that could crush a society out of the hands of those who would use them.

ANY morning we could wake up to a tragedy caused by the enemies of the U.S. that would shake our country to its knees, and make sept 11 look like a appetizer.

This is not fear it is REALITY.

There are no other issues for a party to use fear tactics about that hits quite as hard as a weapon of mass destruction in all of its varying forms, and they are out there, and there are people willing to use them.

To forget that, even for an instant, is to invite catastrophe

Right. No tax increases. Instead, it involves:

• Another REPUBLICAN DEFICIT INCREASE.
  • Social Security benefit cuts.
  • Loaning taxpayer money to the taxpayer it was collected from. (At a higher interest rate than the government is paying.)
  • Eliminating Social Security's current progressive benefit nature.
  • An instant windfall for the financial services industry. (Paid for by social security taxpayers).
  • And doing not one thing to change the date at which it runs out of money.

Right. No tax increases. Instead, it involves:

• Another REPUBLICAN DEFICIT INCREASE.
  • Social Security benefit cuts.
  • Loaning taxpayer money to the taxpayer it was collected from. (At a higher interest rate than the government is paying.)
  • Eliminating Social Security's current progressive benefit nature.
  • An instant windfall for the financial services industry. (Paid for by social security taxpayers).
  • And doing not one thing to change the date at which it runs out of money.

Archived