Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compare and contrast: Extremeskins Then & Now

Beauty is Only

I guess I qualify as an old-timer.

We had some quality guys, including a Canadian Joe Theismann fan whose moniker was ....Romo sits to pee (before that Tony guy popped on the scene).

Less clutter, more intelligent threads. I remember thinking the board had completely gone down the crapper when 2/3 of the threads on the first page were about Lavar Arrington.

Also, the Tailgate, despite some whacked out anti-semitic threads started by by a crazed Arab fundamentalist named Kefka and some insane conspiracy threads by ASF, was actually quite thought-provoking...instead of each thread devolving into "liberal whiny ass yadayada...facist GOP SOB, etc."

ASF would alway produce some funky statitistical analyses, which were often greeted with derision and contempt, but on many occasions proved to be spot on. He predicted Kim Helton would be a disaster for the OL, that Ramsey was done by too many shots to the head, that Joe Gibbs would give up playcalling, that Rod Gardner would end up a bust. He also predicted Danny Weurffel would pass for 3000 yards, so I wouldn't say he was infallible...

Mostly, the board was dominated by intelligent posters like Om, Art, Bulldog, Inmate, ASF, Mardi Gras Skin, Blondie, and many others I'm forgetting. There was more debate, but less vitriol, less panic (odd, considering how awful the team turned out to be), and perhaps more comraderie.

Bang, please tell me there's one in the works focusing on the Skins-Pats game, including Belicheck running up the score and Gibbs' post-game presser about being proud of his super-smart players scoring a TD at the end.

Sort of, but not exactly. The Pats will be featured, as will Gibbs.

~Bang

Bang, please tell me there's one in the works focusing on the Skins-Pats game, including Belicheck running up the score and Gibbs' post-game presser about being proud of his super-smart players scoring a TD at the end.

Sort of, but not exactly. The Pats will be featured, as will Gibbs.

~Bang

Yeah, I don't think you really subscribed to the "read more, post less" mantra :)

I think I remember tweaking Sol once about that prolificality (another one just for you, brother) ... but I'm going to quickly add it didn't take long at all to realize that the intellect behind and ability to express it were to be admired. I'd go to cyberwar with iheart in a second. Gimme an army of him and I'll own the web. :)

Yeah, I don't think you really subscribed to the "read more, post less" mantra :)

I think I remember tweaking Sol once about that prolificality (another one just for you, brother) ... but I'm going to quickly add it didn't take long at all to realize that the intellect behind and ability to express it were to be admired. I'd go to cyberwar with iheart in a second. Gimme an army of him and I'll own the web. :)

What's funny is that even back then, a lot of people were sitting there saying how much we needed defensive linemen. :laugh:

Good Grief! Why won't this franchise draft any DL early? It's like an old Egyptian curse of something. :silly:

What's funny is that even back then, a lot of people were sitting there saying how much we needed defensive linemen. :laugh:

Good Grief! Why won't this franchise draft any DL early? It's like an old Egyptian curse of something. :silly:

Thanks M. That means a lot--you might get a kick out of the fact that I still have that initial exchange in PM. :)

Thanks M. That means a lot--you might get a kick out of the fact that I still have that initial exchange in PM. :)

You should see him in a real fight--he has saved my ass many a time!

You should see him in a real fight--he has saved my ass many a time!

my :2cents: i used to read the board more than comment, what made me comment more is the lack of knowlegde i've noticed from posters. Perfect example, the over board ranting and personal opinons that have no facts or football reference. Alot of Threads are being started solely based on personal opinon and not football logic. I try to be unbiased but at the same time present some facts and not fiction in order to get my "opinion" across to other people. :shutup:

my :2cents: i used to read the board more than comment, what made me comment more is the lack of knowlegde i've noticed from posters. Perfect example, the over board ranting and personal opinons that have no facts or football reference. Alot of Threads are being started solely based on personal opinon and not football logic. I try to be unbiased but at the same time present some facts and not fiction in order to get my "opinion" across to other people. :shutup:

When I came here there were less than 4000 members, I have no idea how many members we have now but there were over 800 people in the Redskins Pats game thread, so many that it was taking a long time just to update the page, and really no way to keep up with what was said in the thread at all, read one page and 5 more where ahead of you.

I have seen a lot of changes in here, but the size of the memebership has totally suprised me. I read what I have time for, wish I had more time to read more, and actually have found some really great threads to read, but you have to look for them now.

When I came here there were less than 4000 members, I have no idea how many members we have now but there were over 800 people in the Redskins Pats game thread, so many that it was taking a long time just to update the page, and really no way to keep up with what was said in the thread at all, read one page and 5 more where ahead of you.

I have seen a lot of changes in here, but the size of the memebership has totally suprised me. I read what I have time for, wish I had more time to read more, and actually have found some really great threads to read, but you have to look for them now.

Back in 2002 it definitley had a family feel which is why I signed up

My favorite ES moment was certainly the night we late nighters found out Joe Gibbs was coming back. There were probably 30 of us posting in that famous thread "Woah woah woah....Gibbs coming back?" and you could feel the excitement and electricity coming from everyone

That night I believe ES had all of 5,000 members. By the end of 2004 ES was up in the mid 20,000s with members

Back in 2002 it definitley had a family feel which is why I signed up

My favorite ES moment was certainly the night we late nighters found out Joe Gibbs was coming back. There were probably 30 of us posting in that famous thread "Woah woah woah....Gibbs coming back?" and you could feel the excitement and electricity coming from everyone

That night I believe ES had all of 5,000 members. By the end of 2004 ES was up in the mid 20,000s with members

Archived