Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Turner Is Going to Be a Skin

method man

Portis ... is ... HURT!

Portis ... has ... a CRIPPLED OFFENSIVE LINE!

Turner ... has ... LT WEAR DOWN THE DEFENSES!

Now repeat those 3 things over and over again, then come back if you feel the same. Keep in mind that Portis has not been 100% the whole year, and before Jansen and Thomas went down, he looked back to form this in the first two weeks. In fact we were complaining about him not getting enough carries.

Portis ... is ... HURT!

Portis ... has ... a CRIPPLED OFFENSIVE LINE!

Turner ... has ... LT WEAR DOWN THE DEFENSES!

Now repeat those 3 things over and over again, then come back if you feel the same. Keep in mind that Portis has not been 100% the whole year, and before Jansen and Thomas went down, he looked back to form this in the first two weeks. In fact we were complaining about him not getting enough carries.

Guest ComebackKing

Why is the world with all the Portis hate? Blame the offensive line injuries man. Jansen played 1 quarter of 1 game this season, Randy Thomas was lost in week 2 for 10+ weeks, Wade has been hurt, Rabach has been hurt, pretty much the entire offensive line has been in flux every week of this season. How can you put any blame on Portis? How much more "conviction" was Betts running with? If there was another guy doing ANY better then Portis with this offensive line there might be a case to be made here but Portis is not the problem, injuries are.

Guest ComebackKing

Why is the world with all the Portis hate? Blame the offensive line injuries man. Jansen played 1 quarter of 1 game this season, Randy Thomas was lost in week 2 for 10+ weeks, Wade has been hurt, Rabach has been hurt, pretty much the entire offensive line has been in flux every week of this season. How can you put any blame on Portis? How much more "conviction" was Betts running with? If there was another guy doing ANY better then Portis with this offensive line there might be a case to be made here but Portis is not the problem, injuries are.

I completely agree, Portis only goes as the O-line goes. He creates absolutely nothing by himself, and can not seem to remain healthy. Being injured all of the time is not just a coincidence, he will continue to be injured. He shows absolutely no burst when he gets the ball or ability to cut and make defenders miss.

I don't know who the skins can get or if Turner is a good option, but Portis clearly must go with the money we are paying him.

This team needs change, alot of people need to go

I completely agree, Portis only goes as the O-line goes. He creates absolutely nothing by himself, and can not seem to remain healthy. Being injured all of the time is not just a coincidence, he will continue to be injured. He shows absolutely no burst when he gets the ball or ability to cut and make defenders miss.

I don't know who the skins can get or if Turner is a good option, but Portis clearly must go with the money we are paying him.

This team needs change, alot of people need to go

I'd rather not give up big $ to a RB who benefits from playing behind a great OL and system....hmm sound familiar?

I'd rather use those resources to shore up the OL and maybe draft a Mike Hart or Ray Rice in the second or third round.

Enough FAs...when will you guys learn that isn't the way to do it in the NFL until you've already established a solid foundation which we don't have.

I'd rather not give up big $ to a RB who benefits from playing behind a great OL and system....hmm sound familiar?

I'd rather use those resources to shore up the OL and maybe draft a Mike Hart or Ray Rice in the second or third round.

Enough FAs...when will you guys learn that isn't the way to do it in the NFL until you've already established a solid foundation which we don't have.

We are missing Thomas and Jansen, if you dont think that matters then you are out of your mind.

We went into the season thinking that Thomas and Jansen could actually stay healthy this year. If we think that was credible, then we were out of our minds.

I agree a bad o-line makes running hard for most backs. Which is why we should have invested that 2nd round pick on a OLineman instead. And why we should not invest a lot of cap room going forward in a smallish "home run" type RB. We apparently don't have the team or system to support him.

We are missing Thomas and Jansen, if you dont think that matters then you are out of your mind.

We went into the season thinking that Thomas and Jansen could actually stay healthy this year. If we think that was credible, then we were out of our minds.

I agree a bad o-line makes running hard for most backs. Which is why we should have invested that 2nd round pick on a OLineman instead. And why we should not invest a lot of cap room going forward in a smallish "home run" type RB. We apparently don't have the team or system to support him.

Pass on Turner.

The Skins have most of the pieces they need to be successful in the NFC for a few years. They won't beat the Pats or Colts, but they can run with most other teams in the NFL on any given Sunday, and what more can you expect given the disparity between the Colts/Pats and everyone else.

We're a middle of the pack team, just like everyone else not named the Colts or Patriots. No sense in hitting the panic button because of that.

Pass on Turner.

The Skins have most of the pieces they need to be successful in the NFC for a few years. They won't beat the Pats or Colts, but they can run with most other teams in the NFL on any given Sunday, and what more can you expect given the disparity between the Colts/Pats and everyone else.

We're a middle of the pack team, just like everyone else not named the Colts or Patriots. No sense in hitting the panic button because of that.

Mike Turner is in the mold of being a Marcus Washington/Corn Griffin type of FA--the young type who needs that opportunity. There are absolutely no strings attached to him right now like RFA or a franchise tag. If we do sign him, he'll end up being cheaper than the $9 mil Portis.

PORTIS DID SAY HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE ON THE TEAM NEXT YEAR IF THINGS DIDN'T GO AS PLANNED.

Mike Turner is in the mold of being a Marcus Washington/Corn Griffin type of FA--the young type who needs that opportunity. There are absolutely no strings attached to him right now like RFA or a franchise tag. If we do sign him, he'll end up being cheaper than the $9 mil Portis.

PORTIS DID SAY HE PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE ON THE TEAM NEXT YEAR IF THINGS DIDN'T GO AS PLANNED.

isnt Frank Gore the NFL's rushing champion? the 49ers offensive line is a perfect example of what the redskins look like right now, cant run block and cant pass protect this has nothing to do with the playmakers if the line cant block for them to make plays :2cents:

isnt Frank Gore the NFL's rushing champion? the 49ers offensive line is a perfect example of what the redskins look like right now, cant run block and cant pass protect this has nothing to do with the playmakers if the line cant block for them to make plays :2cents:

Pass on Turner.

No panic buttons being pressed here. I just feel that our RB position needs to be upgraded. Portis's body is failing him and he is clearly not going to last another 3 years in this league. Betts is just an average back who would be best used complementing a guy like DeShaun Foster or a Willie Parker.

Pass on Turner.

No panic buttons being pressed here. I just feel that our RB position needs to be upgraded. Portis's body is failing him and he is clearly not going to last another 3 years in this league. Betts is just an average back who would be best used complementing a guy like DeShaun Foster or a Willie Parker.

Portis is done. This is not the same Portis we saw back in 2005. I think we will end up cutting him because he is going to cost 9 mil next year.

I have a gut feeling we will sign Michael Turner to replace him. Turner is a UFA next offseason and he is a Gibbs back. He is a big man 5-10 240 who is the type of back who fits his power system. I've seen this guy play and he runs with a lot of burst. The Chargers thought of him very highly and were offering Turner to teams when he was a RFA last offseason for a first and a third. Turner will probably be one of the most sought after FAs but RBs have not been getting big deals lately. Edge, Thomas Jones, and Ahman Green all signed 4-year deals.

He will simply fit better and he will be cheaper. He has very little wear and tear and has been a beast in the limited touches he has gotten.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=5679

he will be a very hot commodity come of season. The cowboys are also interested. very interested.

Archived