Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Turner Is Going to Be a Skin

method man

If a running back is ONLY as good as his OL, then that running back isn't very good.

Personally.. i think it's a running back is only as good as his Quarterback.

When a quarterback is able to provide a great passing threat and spread the defense, then that opens a lot of holes in the running game.

For example.. I don't think Joseph Addai is really all that good, if he were in Carolina right now with a back up QB. He would probably suck big time.

But with Manning being the threat he is, it opens teh game for him.

That's why I think Frank Gore is probably one of the best RB's in the game right now.

All that said though.. I do think Portis is done. He just doesn't have the burst of speed or ability to break tackles that he used too.

The other thing is just because he is due 9mil doesnt mean he cant restructure and get a check from Dan to recoup some of what he will restructure for.

I believe we are approaching cap trouble again in the future. Portis's 9 mil should go to Sean Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, and Montgomery. PERIOD.

The other thing is just because he is due 9mil doesnt mean he cant restructure and get a check from Dan to recoup some of what he will restructure for.

I believe we are approaching cap trouble again in the future. Portis's 9 mil should go to Sean Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, and Montgomery. PERIOD.

then portis will be a pro-bowler with whatever team he goes to...thats just how we do in DC lol

Funny thing is your right. Put him on a team like and I hate to say it the Cowboys. I bet he would go to the pro bowl. The guys still good on a team with a bad o-line and a horrible coaching staff. It would also help if he had some WRs that took pressure of the running game.

then portis will be a pro-bowler with whatever team he goes to...thats just how we do in DC lol

Funny thing is your right. Put him on a team like and I hate to say it the Cowboys. I bet he would go to the pro bowl. The guys still good on a team with a bad o-line and a horrible coaching staff. It would also help if he had some WRs that took pressure of the running game.

There is nothing wrong with CP that a decent OL would not cure.

I pray we get Turner as well as CP.

Every team needs to have a tough RB tandem that can get lotsa yards.

Great teams have a second string RB that could be first string on many teams.

It is all about depth nowadays.

The first time JG was coach here, steriods were not as rampant, injuries were less frequent, the players were tougher, and players were willing to play through turf toe and broken arms and legs, so JG didnt have to use second and third string players as frequently. He could plug any OL player in there for a few plays and the player would play well enough until the first stringer was rested.

Now JG has to rely on second and third string players all the time. He thinks that any player is fine to plug into the OL at the drop of a hat. It just doesn't work that way anymore. OL players are skill players now. They need to know what all the different modern defenses look like and understand the ways to react to them and understand the way the HC wants to see the game played. It becomes confusing if you are practicing a modern, complex, integrated system during the week and playing a simple, basic, conservative one during the games.

JG's wonderful leadership and offensive prowess got us beat 52-7 by a team that should have beaten us 27-17 at the most. I do not like his decision making. Our defense looked good until this week.

Why did that change?

JG.

Get rid of him now.

There is nothing wrong with CP that a decent OL would not cure.

I pray we get Turner as well as CP.

Every team needs to have a tough RB tandem that can get lotsa yards.

Great teams have a second string RB that could be first string on many teams.

It is all about depth nowadays.

The first time JG was coach here, steriods were not as rampant, injuries were less frequent, the players were tougher, and players were willing to play through turf toe and broken arms and legs, so JG didnt have to use second and third string players as frequently. He could plug any OL player in there for a few plays and the player would play well enough until the first stringer was rested.

Now JG has to rely on second and third string players all the time. He thinks that any player is fine to plug into the OL at the drop of a hat. It just doesn't work that way anymore. OL players are skill players now. They need to know what all the different modern defenses look like and understand the ways to react to them and understand the way the HC wants to see the game played. It becomes confusing if you are practicing a modern, complex, integrated system during the week and playing a simple, basic, conservative one during the games.

JG's wonderful leadership and offensive prowess got us beat 52-7 by a team that should have beaten us 27-17 at the most. I do not like his decision making. Our defense looked good until this week.

Why did that change?

JG.

Get rid of him now.

Archived