Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Turner Is Going to Be a Skin

method man

Portis is done. This is not the same Portis we saw back in 2005. I think we will end up cutting him because he is going to cost 9 mil next year.

I have a gut feeling we will sign Michael Turner to replace him. Turner is a UFA next offseason and he is a Gibbs back. He is a big man 5-10 240 who is the type of back who fits his power system. I've seen this guy play and he runs with a lot of burst. The Chargers thought of him very highly and were offering Turner to teams when he was a RFA last offseason for a first and a third. Turner will probably be one of the most sought after FAs but RBs have not been getting big deals lately. Edge, Thomas Jones, and Ahman Green all signed 4-year deals.

He will simply fit better and he will be cheaper. He has very little wear and tear and has been a beast in the limited touches he has gotten.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=5679

he will be a very hot commodity come of season. The cowboys are also interested. very interested.

Portis ... is ... HURT!

Portis ... has ... a CRIPPLED OFFENSIVE LINE!

Turner ... has ... LT WEAR DOWN THE DEFENSES!

Now repeat those 3 things over and over again, then come back if you feel the same. Keep in mind that Portis has not been 100% the whole year, and before Jansen and Thomas went down, he looked back to form this in the first two weeks. In fact we were complaining about him not getting enough carries.

:applause: exactly

Portis ... is ... HURT!

Portis ... has ... a CRIPPLED OFFENSIVE LINE!

Turner ... has ... LT WEAR DOWN THE DEFENSES!

Now repeat those 3 things over and over again, then come back if you feel the same. Keep in mind that Portis has not been 100% the whole year, and before Jansen and Thomas went down, he looked back to form this in the first two weeks. In fact we were complaining about him not getting enough carries.

:applause: exactly

I wonder how many people still think Portis is an ELITE back.

I still do, what did he do today that was his fault. I wasnt too high on him catching that ball out of bounce, but i chalk that up to lack of focus when you are getting your ass handed to you. What do you expect him to break the tackles of 3 guys smothering him as soon as he hits the line or sometimes even in the backfield.

I wonder how many people still think Portis is an ELITE back.

I still do, what did he do today that was his fault. I wasnt too high on him catching that ball out of bounce, but i chalk that up to lack of focus when you are getting your ass handed to you. What do you expect him to break the tackles of 3 guys smothering him as soon as he hits the line or sometimes even in the backfield.

isnt Frank Gore the NFL's rushing champion? the 49ers offensive line is a perfect example of what the redskins look like right now, cant run block and cant pass protect this has nothing to do with the playmakers if the line cant block for them to make plays :2cents:

100% true, he had the same numbers as Portis today. But i guess he sucks too.

isnt Frank Gore the NFL's rushing champion? the 49ers offensive line is a perfect example of what the redskins look like right now, cant run block and cant pass protect this has nothing to do with the playmakers if the line cant block for them to make plays :2cents:

100% true, he had the same numbers as Portis today. But i guess he sucks too.

LT, LJ, and Steven Jackson couldn't do anything the first weeks of the season. Do you think those teams are gonna drop those players?

Against easier matchups, and with less teams stacking the line of scrimmage, Portis' numbers will be much better the 2nd half of the season. Portis has to juke out 2-3 players right when he gets the ball, the rare times when no one is in the backfield he gets a consistent 4-5 yds. Plus there were a few times earlier this season when he almost broke a long one but was just tripped up. The big runs and plays will come for Portis.

He has also been more involved with passing game lately. Once the O-line steps up and overall offense gets in a rhythm, Portis will prove why he's a highly-paid back.

LT, LJ, and Steven Jackson couldn't do anything the first weeks of the season. Do you think those teams are gonna drop those players?

Against easier matchups, and with less teams stacking the line of scrimmage, Portis' numbers will be much better the 2nd half of the season. Portis has to juke out 2-3 players right when he gets the ball, the rare times when no one is in the backfield he gets a consistent 4-5 yds. Plus there were a few times earlier this season when he almost broke a long one but was just tripped up. The big runs and plays will come for Portis.

He has also been more involved with passing game lately. Once the O-line steps up and overall offense gets in a rhythm, Portis will prove why he's a highly-paid back.

Not sure what's going to happen, Gibbs is so loyal to guys (ex. Brunell) I just don't see him getting rid of Clinton. This is a perfect example of where you need a GM to step in and say the production is not meeting the price and find a way to get rid of the guy. You can blame the offensive line if you want, but any back can look good behind a really great offensive line. Clinton just doesn't have any explosiveness anymore.

Not sure what's going to happen, Gibbs is so loyal to guys (ex. Brunell) I just don't see him getting rid of Clinton. This is a perfect example of where you need a GM to step in and say the production is not meeting the price and find a way to get rid of the guy. You can blame the offensive line if you want, but any back can look good behind a really great offensive line. Clinton just doesn't have any explosiveness anymore.

None of this blame should be put on Portis, the guy had 11 carries, he was taken out of the game due to the awful score.

We had the ball for 22 minutes. Lets not call out scapegoats just because we got it handed to us today.

The offense never got Portis into any sort of space to make a play, nothing went well today, no individual is to blame it was a team loss and they need to bounce back b/c this is going to be a tight race in the NFC for playoff position.

None of this blame should be put on Portis, the guy had 11 carries, he was taken out of the game due to the awful score.

We had the ball for 22 minutes. Lets not call out scapegoats just because we got it handed to us today.

The offense never got Portis into any sort of space to make a play, nothing went well today, no individual is to blame it was a team loss and they need to bounce back b/c this is going to be a tight race in the NFC for playoff position.

Archived