Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've got one question... Why?

TSO

submitteone and skinsn24, I suggest at this point you both go to your separate corners and let it go. Let the thread develop on its merits at this point and not devolve in the direction skinsn24 seems to want to take it.

Our frustration comes from the Skins not playing to their capabilities. We all know the Skins are better than what they have shown. Those outside our circle don't know this. As a result, we are coming to their defense.

This, however, is one of very few games that we could lose because the team is probably better than us. Very few Skins fans (including me) ever see the Skins as possibly being overmatch physically by anyone in the NFL. Our lack of offensive productivity (OL injuries and poor execution) could make the team appear overmatched. But there is talent on "both" sides of the ball.

I think most of us believe the Patriots will bring out the best in the Skins. For whatever reason, we believe the offense will show up. We are getting back some of our OL and if our offense can make plays when they are there, the Skins really do have a chance to win. Also, our defense will be playing against what appears to be an irresistable force, and most of us are looking forward to that matchup.

I guarantee you one thing: if the Skins lose a close game that they should have won, we (the fans) will be having another justifiable hissy.

Our frustration comes from the Skins not playing to their capabilities. We all know the Skins are better than what they have shown. Those outside our circle don't know this. As a result, we are coming to their defense.

This, however, is one of very few games that we could lose because the team is probably better than us. Very few Skins fans (including me) ever see the Skins as possibly being overmatch physically by anyone in the NFL. Our lack of offensive productivity (OL injuries and poor execution) could make the team appear overmatched. But there is talent on "both" sides of the ball.

I think most of us believe the Patriots will bring out the best in the Skins. For whatever reason, we believe the offense will show up. We are getting back some of our OL and if our offense can make plays when they are there, the Skins really do have a chance to win. Also, our defense will be playing against what appears to be an irresistable force, and most of us are looking forward to that matchup.

I guarantee you one thing: if the Skins lose a close game that they should have won, we (the fans) will be having another justifiable hissy.

submitteone and skinsn24, I suggest at this point you both go to your separate corners and let it go. Let the thread develop on its merits at this point and not devolve in the direction skinsn24 seems to want to take it.

Point taken,

I did not want it to go in any foul direction but i appoligize for taking it there. My B.

Point taken,

I did not want it to go in any foul direction but i appoligize for taking it there. My B.

It's ONE word: expectations.

Those of us who are critical of this coaching staff are critical because (a) we want to see this team succeed and (B) we know they are capable of much more than we see week to week. Our expectations in general are exceeding their production.

This week is different. It's perfectly reasonable to lose to the Patriots. No one is going to jump up and down and say that they shouldn't have lost this game. Plenty of good coaching staffs have failed miserably to stop the Pats.

It's ONE word: expectations.

Those of us who are critical of this coaching staff are critical because (a) we want to see this team succeed and (B) we know they are capable of much more than we see week to week. Our expectations in general are exceeding their production.

This week is different. It's perfectly reasonable to lose to the Patriots. No one is going to jump up and down and say that they shouldn't have lost this game. Plenty of good coaching staffs have failed miserably to stop the Pats.

This is a chance for the team to be one of the big stories of the year - the team that took down the unbeaten Pats, right in the middle of all the undefeated hype the media and Boston fans are caught up in at present. This is a chance not only for us to root for a Redskins victory, but also for them to simultaneously make history and get national respect for pulling off the upset of the year.

We can save the criticism and negativity for after the game, as I'm sure - even in victory - there will be things they could have done better.

This is a chance for the team to be one of the big stories of the year - the team that took down the unbeaten Pats, right in the middle of all the undefeated hype the media and Boston fans are caught up in at present. This is a chance not only for us to root for a Redskins victory, but also for them to simultaneously make history and get national respect for pulling off the upset of the year.

We can save the criticism and negativity for after the game, as I'm sure - even in victory - there will be things they could have done better.

I've been one of the people very critical of the coaching staff this year.

But I can tell you, if they pull off a miracle tomorrow, I will have a VERY hard time criticizing anything. That is a case where a win would be a win no matter how it comes. You will hear nothing but shock, admiration, and congratulations from me this week if that happens.

It's when we barely beat teams like the Cards and Dolphins that there is significant room for criticism. Not the Patriots.

I've been one of the people very critical of the coaching staff this year.

But I can tell you, if they pull off a miracle tomorrow, I will have a VERY hard time criticizing anything. That is a case where a win would be a win no matter how it comes. You will hear nothing but shock, admiration, and congratulations from me this week if that happens.

It's when we barely beat teams like the Cards and Dolphins that there is significant room for criticism. Not the Patriots.

I think it's because most of us would rather not be embarrassed by getting blown out by the NE P machine. Chances of us winning are slim but they are chances. Upsets do happen. Likely in this case? No. Keeping it a game into the 4th quarter? Possible, not probable. Guess we can hang on to that. Who knows? Anything can happen. Golden State beat Dallas in the NBA playoffs last year. Whodathunkit?

I think it's because most of us would rather not be embarrassed by getting blown out by the NE P machine. Chances of us winning are slim but they are chances. Upsets do happen. Likely in this case? No. Keeping it a game into the 4th quarter? Possible, not probable. Guess we can hang on to that. Who knows? Anything can happen. Golden State beat Dallas in the NBA playoffs last year. Whodathunkit?

First, I dont know what you are smoking, but apparently I must have some. That really came out of nowhere. You made a bunch of random assumptions that I dont believe are true at all. You just assume everyone is less negative, and hopeful, and unafraid. I dont get it.

Ill tell you what it is. We have no expectations whatsoever for the game this week. We have no reason to believe the team will win the game. Anything better than getting trounced by the Patriots would be great, and being trounced by them would be, well, expected. So really, when we watch the game tommorow, anything positive is a good thing. The rest is expected. Its hard to underachieve when the expectations are so low. I just pray about the game tommorow, and leave it be till I sit down and watch it.

First, I dont know what you are smoking, but apparently I must have some. That really came out of nowhere. You made a bunch of random assumptions that I dont believe are true at all. You just assume everyone is less negative, and hopeful, and unafraid. I dont get it.

Ill tell you what it is. We have no expectations whatsoever for the game this week. We have no reason to believe the team will win the game. Anything better than getting trounced by the Patriots would be great, and being trounced by them would be, well, expected. So really, when we watch the game tommorow, anything positive is a good thing. The rest is expected. Its hard to underachieve when the expectations are so low. I just pray about the game tommorow, and leave it be till I sit down and watch it.

Why has it taken us this long?

Why is it that a team that has every reason to get destroyed tomorrow by another team who is simply playing the best football witnessed in decades finally has unabashed support from the majority of its fan base?

Why is it that had it been any other team beside NE, we'd see 75% of the front page around here filled with titles like "So sick of Gibbs conservative play" and "Ugh... clock management is ridiculous"; with nothing but post after post of how inept our entire organization is.

Why is it that now, against all odds, we decide to show up in support of our team? We decide to believe? Why is it that almost all negativity has been erased this past week and replaced with unabashed optimism, relentless hope and belief that this team is worthy of an opponent that everyone has already crowned? How can we go from an incessant hatred and disgust for the way our team plays to belief that we are better than a team some are already calling the greatest ever?

Why have the negative among us been quieted, and a man like GeneralGibbs posts for the first time here with a thread that generates nothing but love and support from absolutely everyone who read it (ok, one guy said something stupid in there, but I'll take that over the usual around here any day)?

I think I know the answer. I think this week has shown just how weak so many of us are around here. The answer is simple. We're finally unafraid. The fear of losing is gone. That feeling of sorrow and pain that we've all been through with every loss our team takes has been replaced with an "oh well, we lose we lose no big deal" attitude. A nonchalant, yet caring, attitude. The attitude of leaders. The atittude of great people with patience and understanding. Now since we're unafraid, and our fear of losing has been negated, we've now replace it with hope and belief.

Still one question remains. Why is it that we can't have this every week and in every aspect of our lives? This team... this city would only benefit.

Why?

see? nothings changed :doh: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Why has it taken us this long?

Why is it that a team that has every reason to get destroyed tomorrow by another team who is simply playing the best football witnessed in decades finally has unabashed support from the majority of its fan base?

Why is it that had it been any other team beside NE, we'd see 75% of the front page around here filled with titles like "So sick of Gibbs conservative play" and "Ugh... clock management is ridiculous"; with nothing but post after post of how inept our entire organization is.

Why is it that now, against all odds, we decide to show up in support of our team? We decide to believe? Why is it that almost all negativity has been erased this past week and replaced with unabashed optimism, relentless hope and belief that this team is worthy of an opponent that everyone has already crowned? How can we go from an incessant hatred and disgust for the way our team plays to belief that we are better than a team some are already calling the greatest ever?

Why have the negative among us been quieted, and a man like GeneralGibbs posts for the first time here with a thread that generates nothing but love and support from absolutely everyone who read it (ok, one guy said something stupid in there, but I'll take that over the usual around here any day)?

I think I know the answer. I think this week has shown just how weak so many of us are around here. The answer is simple. We're finally unafraid. The fear of losing is gone. That feeling of sorrow and pain that we've all been through with every loss our team takes has been replaced with an "oh well, we lose we lose no big deal" attitude. A nonchalant, yet caring, attitude. The attitude of leaders. The atittude of great people with patience and understanding. Now since we're unafraid, and our fear of losing has been negated, we've now replace it with hope and belief.

Still one question remains. Why is it that we can't have this every week and in every aspect of our lives? This team... this city would only benefit.

Why?

see? nothings changed :doh: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Archived