Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've got one question... Why?

TSO

I am not sure how that is the attitude of leaders. I hope to god that is not what our players are thinking right now. "We lose, no big deal"? that is the attitude of a loser not a leader.

BUt to answer you question as to why there hasnt been much negativity.

1. There was, go look at the threads immedialty after the AZ game.

2. After days pass, the wins goes down as a win, period.

3. We are not expected to win this game so for a fan (not for the team or a city) it is easy to be postive when you have nothing to lose.

However the team has everything to lose. If they get blow out, it could be over, we if lose we will drop back in the playoff race, every game counts. But fans cannot expect us to win this game like we do all others, but we can hope.

Go back and read what I said carefully. You took that out of context. Read the next sentence, and if you don't udnerstand it, I'll gladly explain it to you. For now, I won't respond since you're showing that you reply without reflecting much. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

I think most fans have at least some hope every week -- thats kind of what it means to be a fan..

But to answer your question about this week, I think it's a case of the entire world being against the Skins (as far as their chances, and rightly so), which makes fans want to stand behind them even more than normal.

It's like if you have a kid, it's ok for YOU to shout at him if he dissapoints you but if you see someone else start shouting at him then you cant help but get protective.

That sums it up pretty well. We love this team and it hurts us when they underachieve. We got a chance to grasp our potential playing the best team in the league right now and everyone of us know this, so we give our support, hope and prayers cause you need it all, with some luck, when facing a juggernaut.

I think most fans have at least some hope every week -- thats kind of what it means to be a fan..

But to answer your question about this week, I think it's a case of the entire world being against the Skins (as far as their chances, and rightly so), which makes fans want to stand behind them even more than normal.

It's like if you have a kid, it's ok for YOU to shout at him if he dissapoints you but if you see someone else start shouting at him then you cant help but get protective.

That sums it up pretty well. We love this team and it hurts us when they underachieve. We got a chance to grasp our potential playing the best team in the league right now and everyone of us know this, so we give our support, hope and prayers cause you need it all, with some luck, when facing a juggernaut.

Go back and read what I said carefully. You took that out of context. Read the next sentence, and if you don't udnerstand it, I'll gladly explain it to you. For now, I won't respond since you're showing that you reply without reflecting much. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Oh i read the whole thing, but it seemed entirely contradictory to each other.

You are happy that we arent negative and celebrating that we just dont care anymore?

I assume that is not what you meant, but it is what you said.

The reason people are "negative" is becase we dont have the "if we lose we lose, no big deal" attitude. We have the "we want to win every damn game, losing is not an option" attitude. If you would rather have "its not big deal" thats fine but then you sound like a browns fan.

You haven't heard the negativity? What board have you been on?

Maybe I'm missing it, but I can tell you this, there hasn't been this much hope around here in a loooong time. Especially after the type of game we played against AZ. I expected NOTHING but negativity, and I had every right to considering the posters around here.

You are happy that we arent negative and celebrating that we just dont care anymore?

The reason people are "negative" is becase we dont have the "if we lose we lose, no big deal" attitude. We have the "we want to win every damn game, losing is not an option" attitude. If you would rather have "its not big deal" thats fine but then you sound like a browns fan.

You haven't heard the negativity? What board have you been on?

Maybe I'm missing it, but I can tell you this, there hasn't been this much hope around here in a loooong time. Especially after the type of game we played against AZ. I expected NOTHING but negativity, and I had every right to considering the posters around here.

There's nothing to lose when everyone expects you to lose. We're 17 point underdogs. Let's hope that the Pats believe their own hype.

TLC, you keep changing your sig. Yesterday I saw the distracting sig and today it is back to a very tasteful Jessica Alba. I like the other one better :)

There's nothing to lose when everyone expects you to lose. We're 17 point underdogs. Let's hope that the Pats believe their own hype.

TLC, you keep changing your sig. Yesterday I saw the distracting sig and today it is back to a very tasteful Jessica Alba. I like the other one better :)

I think a lot of the negativity is a result of the unavoidable facts of redskins football.

I am positive about us beating New england but that doesnt mean I can forget easily that we put up a pathetic 160 yards or something total offense last week at home.

You have to remember that this is the team that broke the record for least yards in a playoff win two years ago, then broke the record for least turnovers or something last year. We have had some really ugly games and are a truely unique team in the way that things happen for us sometimes, I mean we are out here breaking records for ugliness. We are capable of beating NE tomorrow, and just as easily loosing to the jets the next week. That is the redskins, a breeding ground for frustration. I think we just have to understand it and hope that it changes soon.

I think a lot of the negativity is a result of the unavoidable facts of redskins football.

I am positive about us beating New england but that doesnt mean I can forget easily that we put up a pathetic 160 yards or something total offense last week at home.

You have to remember that this is the team that broke the record for least yards in a playoff win two years ago, then broke the record for least turnovers or something last year. We have had some really ugly games and are a truely unique team in the way that things happen for us sometimes, I mean we are out here breaking records for ugliness. We are capable of beating NE tomorrow, and just as easily loosing to the jets the next week. That is the redskins, a breeding ground for frustration. I think we just have to understand it and hope that it changes soon.

I don't know exactly. Maybe it's the David and Goliath syndrome? The team who doesn't seemingly have a chance...all of a sudden may have a chance. Folks want us to win this game. I found it strange as well. But hey...that's football. Everybody loves the underdog. I agree w/another poster who said...we can get pissed and yell and talk about the Skins...but those outside of our "fandom" better not!..There's still plenty of negativity around..just look..you'll find it..lol. I usually always hope we can win week after week. And I think most fans do. Frustration plays a big role in the posts here week after week. I try to keep that in mind when I'm reading the board. Anyway...good question and HTTR!!

I don't know exactly. Maybe it's the David and Goliath syndrome? The team who doesn't seemingly have a chance...all of a sudden may have a chance. Folks want us to win this game. I found it strange as well. But hey...that's football. Everybody loves the underdog. I agree w/another poster who said...we can get pissed and yell and talk about the Skins...but those outside of our "fandom" better not!..There's still plenty of negativity around..just look..you'll find it..lol. I usually always hope we can win week after week. And I think most fans do. Frustration plays a big role in the posts here week after week. I try to keep that in mind when I'm reading the board. Anyway...good question and HTTR!!

Why has it taken us this long?

Why is it that a team that has every reason to get destroyed tomorrow by another team who is simply playing the best football witnessed in decades finally has unabashed support from the majority of its fan base?

Why is it that had it been any other team beside NE, we'd see 75% of the front page around here filled with titles like "So sick of Gibbs conservative play" and "Ugh... clock management is ridiculous"; with nothing but post after post of how inept our entire organization is.

Why is it that now, against all odds, we decide to show up in support of our team? We decide to believe? Why is it that almost all negativity has been erased this past week and replaced with unabashed optimism, relentless hope and belief that this team is worthy of an opponent that everyone has already crowned? How can we go from an incessant hatred and disgust for the way our team plays to belief that we are better than a team some are already calling the greatest ever?

Why have the negative among us been quieted, and a man like GeneralGibbs posts for the first time here with a thread that generates nothing but love and support from absolutely everyone who read it (ok, one guy said something stupid in there, but I'll take that over the usual around here any day)?

I think I know the answer. I think this week has shown just how weak so many of us are around here. The answer is simple. We're finally unafraid. The fear of losing is gone. That feeling of sorrow and pain that we've all been through with every loss our team takes has been replaced with an "oh well, we lose we lose no big deal" attitude. A nonchalant, yet caring, attitude. The attitude of leaders. The atittude of great people with patience and understanding. Now since we're unafraid, and our fear of losing has been negated, we've now replace it with hope and belief.

Still one question remains. Why is it that we can't have this every week and in every aspect of our lives? This team... this city would only benefit.

Why?

Well, people get up for big games. Every team we have faced this year has said the said stuff as your fans have said. Didn't make much of a difference.

I simply cannot figure out our Pats this year. If we blow by the Colts, then I know it is for real. But we are playing over the top.

Every team (well most), has it's moments. You guys sure did. But think about the lousy teams that still have such support. Darn, how about those Browns already!!! I admire and respect their fan base.

So, it is natural. But your fan base is very strong and supportive. That's about all you can ask for.

And, yeh, you had your day in the sun. You may find it again. But think about the teams that never had that.

Just enjoy football. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy life in general.

Why has it taken us this long?

Why is it that a team that has every reason to get destroyed tomorrow by another team who is simply playing the best football witnessed in decades finally has unabashed support from the majority of its fan base?

Why is it that had it been any other team beside NE, we'd see 75% of the front page around here filled with titles like "So sick of Gibbs conservative play" and "Ugh... clock management is ridiculous"; with nothing but post after post of how inept our entire organization is.

Why is it that now, against all odds, we decide to show up in support of our team? We decide to believe? Why is it that almost all negativity has been erased this past week and replaced with unabashed optimism, relentless hope and belief that this team is worthy of an opponent that everyone has already crowned? How can we go from an incessant hatred and disgust for the way our team plays to belief that we are better than a team some are already calling the greatest ever?

Why have the negative among us been quieted, and a man like GeneralGibbs posts for the first time here with a thread that generates nothing but love and support from absolutely everyone who read it (ok, one guy said something stupid in there, but I'll take that over the usual around here any day)?

I think I know the answer. I think this week has shown just how weak so many of us are around here. The answer is simple. We're finally unafraid. The fear of losing is gone. That feeling of sorrow and pain that we've all been through with every loss our team takes has been replaced with an "oh well, we lose we lose no big deal" attitude. A nonchalant, yet caring, attitude. The attitude of leaders. The atittude of great people with patience and understanding. Now since we're unafraid, and our fear of losing has been negated, we've now replace it with hope and belief.

Still one question remains. Why is it that we can't have this every week and in every aspect of our lives? This team... this city would only benefit.

Why?

Well, people get up for big games. Every team we have faced this year has said the said stuff as your fans have said. Didn't make much of a difference.

I simply cannot figure out our Pats this year. If we blow by the Colts, then I know it is for real. But we are playing over the top.

Every team (well most), has it's moments. You guys sure did. But think about the lousy teams that still have such support. Darn, how about those Browns already!!! I admire and respect their fan base.

So, it is natural. But your fan base is very strong and supportive. That's about all you can ask for.

And, yeh, you had your day in the sun. You may find it again. But think about the teams that never had that.

Just enjoy football. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy life in general.

No, it isn't what I said.

Ugh... you're still proving you can't take the time to carefully read and try to understand what someone is saying. Unbelievable. You replied so quickly to my last post, I'm not even sure you really understood that one!

The next sentence elaborated on that statement. I said "nonchalant, yet caring, attitude".

I don't think you understand what that means based on your comments so far.

No, it isn't what I said.

Ugh... you're still proving you can't take the time to carefully read and try to understand what someone is saying. Unbelievable. You replied so quickly to my last post, I'm not even sure you really understood that one!

The next sentence elaborated on that statement. I said "nonchalant, yet caring, attitude".

I don't think you understand what that means based on your comments so far.

Archived