Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Saunders the problem?

earl

riddle me this Gibbs haters..." name one GREAT KC WR during Saunder's tenure?"

Everyone complaining about the conservative dink and dunk style of the skins and blaming Gibbs for it should think about that. Saunders made a living dinking and dunking in the flats to his TE and RB's. Is it a coincidence that in Saunder's second year, first year his playbook is really in effect, that we have no TD's from our WR. Perhaps Moss hasn't fallen off, and Lloyd isn't a bust, perhaps Saunders has never had a track record of utilizing his WR deep threat.

I know, I know, what about about St. Louis....but wasn't that really Mike Martz? Wasn't a bulk of that offense throwing to his RB Marshall Faulk?

Something to think about. I myself am optimistic about Saunders, but am sick and tired of everyone assuming that Joe is the problem. If the offense does well then Saunders is a genius, but if it stalls it must be Joe. :2cents:

Everyone complaining about the conservative dink and dunk style of the skins and blaming Gibbs for it should think about that. Saunders made a living dinking and dunking in the flats to his TE and RB's. Is it a coincidence that in Saunder's second year, first year his playbook is really in effect, that we have no TD's from our WR. Perhaps Moss hasn't fallen off, and Lloyd isn't a bust, perhaps Saunders has never had a track record of utilizing his WR deep threat.

I know, I know, what about about St. Louis....but wasn't that really Mike Martz? Wasn't a bulk of that offense throwing to his RB Marshall Faulk?

Something to think about. I myself am optimistic about Saunders, but am sick and tired of everyone assuming that Joe is the problem. If the offense does well then Saunders is a genius, but if it stalls it must be Joe. :2cents:

Saunders is an overpaid waste who's hurt this team more then he's ever helped it. In 2005 when we marched into the playoffs that was JOE GIBBS smash mouth football. Then the next season we had Saunders who supposedly has an 800 page playbook who only runs worse plays then when Gibbs was calling the plays. I want to dump Saunders because he's done nothing but bring distrations and disappointments to this team since arriving.

Saunders is an overpaid waste who's hurt this team more then he's ever helped it. In 2005 when we marched into the playoffs that was JOE GIBBS smash mouth football. Then the next season we had Saunders who supposedly has an 800 page playbook who only runs worse plays then when Gibbs was calling the plays. I want to dump Saunders because he's done nothing but bring distrations and disappointments to this team since arriving.

Whoa, Riddle me this?

What exactly does moviedude25 mean?

Whoa, Riddle me this?

What exactly does moviedude25 mean?

It is our o-line injuries more than anything. Look at the Detroit and Green Bay games. We tried to air it out in both, but our receivers forgot to show up in GB. After we lost two more lineman in the fourth quarter, all hell broke loose. That is why we played the game we did against Arizona.

It is our o-line injuries more than anything. Look at the Detroit and Green Bay games. We tried to air it out in both, but our receivers forgot to show up in GB. After we lost two more lineman in the fourth quarter, all hell broke loose. That is why we played the game we did against Arizona.

Saunders had a good line in KC, a seasoned QB and strong RBs.

Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones blowing assignments. Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones dropping easy catches. Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones missing tackles.

Maybe you need to come to the realization that the players just aren't that good. We read articles and get all excited about them, Snyder gets them to sign a lucrative contract, but when push comes to shove, maybe they're just flashes in the pan. Just because they're starters on our team doesn't make them the best in the league.

It's the talent at this point. All the coaches are seasoned and have proven systems. Suddenly its their fault when they come to DC? Get real.

Saunders had a good line in KC, a seasoned QB and strong RBs.

Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones blowing assignments. Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones dropping easy catches. Neither Saunders or Gibbs are the ones missing tackles.

Maybe you need to come to the realization that the players just aren't that good. We read articles and get all excited about them, Snyder gets them to sign a lucrative contract, but when push comes to shove, maybe they're just flashes in the pan. Just because they're starters on our team doesn't make them the best in the league.

It's the talent at this point. All the coaches are seasoned and have proven systems. Suddenly its their fault when they come to DC? Get real.

I mentioned this in another thread:

Saunders best receiver in KC was Tony Gonzalez, true. However, Trent Green was a GREAT QB under him.

Also, Saunders was a large part of the greatest show on turf with Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. He also helped a guy named Az-Zahir Akim get a multi-million dollar contract to stink in Detroit.

Saunders is a pass first coach. He was brought here to fix the passing game specifically. If you think Saunders has the rep as being too conservative, you are just flat out wrong.

I mentioned this in another thread:

Saunders best receiver in KC was Tony Gonzalez, true. However, Trent Green was a GREAT QB under him.

Also, Saunders was a large part of the greatest show on turf with Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. He also helped a guy named Az-Zahir Akim get a multi-million dollar contract to stink in Detroit.

Saunders is a pass first coach. He was brought here to fix the passing game specifically. If you think Saunders has the rep as being too conservative, you are just flat out wrong.

al saunders likes to exploit defenses be it deep,intermediate or short.

joe gibbs likes to play conservatively on offense.

is our offense trying to exploit weaknesses of the defense or are they trying to play conservatively.

it's only a matter of time before we lose 2-3 games in a row cause of gibbs closevest philisophy.

al saunders likes to exploit defenses be it deep,intermediate or short.

joe gibbs likes to play conservatively on offense.

is our offense trying to exploit weaknesses of the defense or are they trying to play conservatively.

it's only a matter of time before we lose 2-3 games in a row cause of gibbs closevest philisophy.

As i said I am optimistic about about saunders, but I think its ridiculous that that he gets the credit for the good and Gibbs get the heat for the bad. and I'm sticking w/ my story about Saunders unproven w/ passing to recievers.....(holt, bruce and hakim probably benefitted most from Martz. The greatest show on turf even in the early years has Martz's fingerprint all over it.).

As i said I am optimistic about about saunders, but I think its ridiculous that that he gets the credit for the good and Gibbs get the heat for the bad. and I'm sticking w/ my story about Saunders unproven w/ passing to recievers.....(holt, bruce and hakim probably benefitted most from Martz. The greatest show on turf even in the early years has Martz's fingerprint all over it.).

No way. The offense had all the same problems before Saunders got here. If anything, Gibbs is holding Al back. Because this is clearly not the same scheme Al was running in KC where no matter what, he would attack, attack, attack.

That said, if Joe is going to keep meddling, he should just fire Al and run things himself. Too many cooks may be worse than one cook with an antiquated scheme.

No way. The offense had all the same problems before Saunders got here. If anything, Gibbs is holding Al back. Because this is clearly not the same scheme Al was running in KC where no matter what, he would attack, attack, attack.

That said, if Joe is going to keep meddling, he should just fire Al and run things himself. Too many cooks may be worse than one cook with an antiquated scheme.

Saying Saunders had nothing to do with it is just flat out wrong. And saying that in addition to saying its only receivers stats that will show he's not the problem is just narrow sighted.

Look at Trent Green in KC. He PASSED for more than 4,000 yards for like 4 straight years.

I know you can look at this however you want, and just pick out one little thing here and there and say it supports your argument, but I think you should take a broader look at Saunders body of work and notice that his PASS offenses have been PROLIFIC everywhere he has gone.

Saying Saunders had nothing to do with it is just flat out wrong. And saying that in addition to saying its only receivers stats that will show he's not the problem is just narrow sighted.

Look at Trent Green in KC. He PASSED for more than 4,000 yards for like 4 straight years.

I know you can look at this however you want, and just pick out one little thing here and there and say it supports your argument, but I think you should take a broader look at Saunders body of work and notice that his PASS offenses have been PROLIFIC everywhere he has gone.

Archived