Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Rock Hot, Suisham Cold

stwasm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/SPORTS01/110230077/1005/SPORTS&template=nextpage

Rock Cartwright leads the NFC in kickoff returns with a 29.2 average. Cartwright almost took a kickoff all the way to the end zone against the Cardinals but failed because he strained a quadriceps during the return.

Athletic trainer John Burrell said Cartwright will practice this week and should play against the Patriots.

Usually steady kicker Shaun Suisham has missed three of his past five field goal attempts, including a 41-yarder against the Cardinals.

"Obviously, I wish I hadn't missed, but I'm not going to make a bigger issue out of it than I need to," Suisham said. "I'm going to keep working hard just like I would if I made all my kicks."

Suisham made eight of nine attempts in December and his first five this year. Despite Suisham's recent struggles, the Redskins said they won't work out any replacements today.

You know all the folks who say we should get rid of Rock... Here you go..

He is the best kind of player... doesn't get in trouble, does everything that is asked of him plus some, doesn't have an attitude, works exceptionally hard week in and week out...

You have to love this guy.

You know all the folks who say we should get rid of Rock... Here you go..

He is the best kind of player... doesn't get in trouble, does everything that is asked of him plus some, doesn't have an attitude, works exceptionally hard week in and week out...

You have to love this guy.

Plus he plays with alot of fire. *Simular to whats coming out of that chickens hind-parts in your sig* :laugh:

it is no secret that, apart from jc, rock may be the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER this week against the pats.

lets face it - at this point there are not going to be a lot of 75 and 80 yard drives against NE on the road. if we can constantly get in good field position we have a chance. i know it always goes without saying, but there has to be a particular importance placed on field position this week.

tgijef

Archived