Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Going After Fans Who Use Stubhub

RDSKNfaithfull

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3069481

Good for them wish our owner would do the same :doh: Wait doesn't our owner own part of stubhub:puke:

Whats funny is when I went to the link on ESPN, above the story was a link to stubhub :laugh:

really though which owner do you think cares more about the fans? Dan or the old drunk up in New England with bad teeth? (Kraft)

Shutdown Stubhub. We need Redskins fans at our stadium. I've noticed alot of people who live in say, California, Florida, etc that still have season tickets. How do you go to the games. If you give them to family members in that area, that's fine, but when they get sold on Stubhub to other teams fans, we lose the home field advantage.

I can't believe Dan Snyder did not lead the charge on this.

"The New England Patriots have won a bid to get the names of all the fans who bought or sold -- or tried to buy or sell -- tickets to home games through online ticket reseller StubHub Inc...."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3069481&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Even though the skins are partnered with StubHub, they still have rules against selling above face value. Won't be surprised if they follow this legal precedence to start going after season ticket holders selling for extreme profits. I know they have gone after some people on ebay in the past.

Just more reason to keep it inside the fan family...

Sam

Good luck making a profit on the resale of Redkins tix on Stubhub.

Unless you have lower level, sideline seats at GA prices it's unlikely you're gonna even recover face value after Stubhub takes their 35% rake on the resale price.

It's tough to recover face value for most Redskins tix on the open market, let alone through a broker or agent who also has to make a healthy profit b/t you and the consumer.

I believe that Kraft is only going after Stubhub sellers to revoke prime seating locations from longtime account holders. I.E. lower level season ticket holders who are making a nice profit on the resale of tix, which Kraft and the Pats TO could be selling on an individual game basis through brokers and Stubhub.

Do you really think Kraft going to redistribute these newly available seats to waitlisters and GA account holders?

The thing is a lot of states do not have any penalties for scalping. If a state decides to allow scalping then owners should not have the power to stop it. As for whatever legal battle they won regarding lists, they will lose on appeal. I am highly surprised they won any legal battle at all.

Archived