Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Still concerned about inept offense

greenmile

Our offense didn't score 34 points last week.

Take away Roger's TD, a Safety, and a huge Special Teams play, we only scored 18.

Everyone was worried last week that our offense wouldn't be able to score enough points to keep up with the Lions.

Well, in all seriousness, we really didn't score enough points. The Redskins consistently find a way to score less than 20 points per game on offense.

I want to see some offensive progression this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we score ~14 points tomorrow. Hopefully our defense can bail us out.

With the way out offense took control of the clock, it wasn't even competitive, especially in the second half . The safety and pick 6 were just icing on the cake.

Who cares if the offense only scored what they did. They made the defense look other worldly in the brief times there were needed on field.

Our offense is moving the ball better and better each game. We were playing without Moss and Randle El for a little more than half of that game and you see how they avoided using using Lloyd so basically our top 3 wide receivers weren't out there yet we still managed to do a great job with what we had.

With the way out offense took control of the clock, it wasn't even competitive, especially in the second half . The safety and pick 6 were just icing on the cake.

Who cares if the offense only scored what they did. They made the defense look other worldly in the brief times there were needed on field.

agree, TOP is key, when the offense scores only 18 pts or whatever that is enough when you control the ball for well over 30mins of the game...We don't need a high powered offense, we need a leader and a winner and we have that with Jason Campbell

Take away Roger's TD, a Safety, and a huge Special Teams play, we only scored 18.

Can I play too?

Take away that rare Portis fumble in the red zone and add the 7 points that they surely would have scored.... now you have 25 "pure" points by the offense.

Happy now?

I think that our offense will come along very soon, it consumed a lot of time last week. If we continue with the short passes and keeping defenses guessing by giving Sellers the ball at times, Portis is going to break something big and Campbell, who is a great downfield passer is going to start to kill teams deep with Moss and ARE.

Our offense is so inept, that our green young QB was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week. :rolleyes:

Can't you come up with some new material?

For example, 2 of your threads that you started in 2005:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128348

You know what else bothers me? How crazily-predictable our offense is.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135668

So some people start giving us some credit, and we're just eating it up?

So we think we're in the top of the league now because we're, what, 9-6?

Let's not forget how stagnant our offense can be. Seriously, think what would have happened last week if the Giants were able to contain Moss? Guess what, we lose. We won that game on 2 lucky "please catch it" deep balls, one of which wasn't even well-thrown.

What happens when our gameplan is outmatched? Do we pull another Raiders game, where we just look inept on offense and unable to go to plan B? It doesn't seem like the Redskins ever have a plan B, and that worries me.

Are you sure our defense isn't going to throw another Bucs game, where we get destroyed by the big play again and again?

Let's all hope the Redskins don't decide to turn the ball over like we did against the Cardinals, cause we won't be able to survive that up in the Philly.

Things are on the up right now, sure. But I think you people need to realize that winning 4 straight does not make us a consistent team. In fact, just look at the Arizona game for such proof (we won the game on a kick return). I like our defense still, but even with the points we've scored the past two weeks, I feel that 2 years of an inconsistent and unpredictable offense does not change overnight.

Hopes destroyed, back to reality: Eagles 17, Redskins 14

Are you ever happy? :rolleyes:

Everyone was worried last week that our offense wouldn't be able to score enough points to keep up with the Lions.

Well, in all seriousness, we really didn't score enough points. The Redskins consistently find a way to score less than 20 points per game on offense.

I want to see some offensive progression this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we score ~14 points tomorrow. Hopefully our defense can bail us out.

Why would you start a thread like this???? :doh:

:slap:

Our offense was dominant the entire game.

You also have to remember that our offense drove down the field almost at will last weekend. We had 2 fumbles (the bad snap and the fumble Portis lost, both in scoring range) and a missed field goal that lowered our scoring. There were only 3 drives the entire game that the offense couldn't drive down the field. Yeah, it was the Lions defense, but the offense moved the ball.

I think that our offense will come along very soon, it consumed a lot of time last week. If we continue with the short passes and keeping defenses guessing by giving Sellers the ball at times, Portis is going to break something big and Campbell, who is a great downfield passer is going to start to kill teams deep with Moss and ARE.

Last time I checked Campbell was tied for 2nd in the NFL with most 40+ passes with 4

Last time I checked Campbell was tied for 2nd in the NFL with most 40+ passes with 4

Like I said he is a great downfield passer, more will open up for him when the long pass is not as predictable as it is now. His long ball accuracy is unquestioned and when he starts mixing in short passes on a consistent basis we are going to have a dangerous passing offense.

Like I said he is a great downfield passer, more will open up for him when the long pass is not as predictable as it is now. His long ball accuracy is unquestioned and when he starts mixing in short passes on a consistent basis we are going to have a dangerous passing offense.

this kid will be good for the Redskins in years to come

this kid will be good for the Redskins in years to come

I agree, I had my doubts at one time but the more that I watch his progress the more optimistic I am getting. His decision making is getting better and better each week. I think that in the mid to latter parts of this season when he is totally confident and the coaching staff is totally confident in him he can probably be, after the P. Mannings, Bradys and maybe Favres, ranked right behind the second tier QB's (Roethlisberger, Rivers and Romo sits to pee) even this year.

Ok so we won 18-3 because of our offense. It was still a convincing win because the offense controlled their side of the ball. 34-3 means a total team which was great to see. Stop B****ing.......

To be accurate, our offense was responsible for 22 points. Further, our first two TDs were multi-play 80 and 83 yard drives. You could argue that the offense is making mistakes at key times but inept offenses do not score on long drives with no monster plays.

I agree, I had my doubts at one time but the more that I watch his progress the more optimistic I am getting. His decision making is getting better and better each week. I think that in the mid to latter parts of this season when he is totally confident and the coaching staff is totally confident in him he can probably be, after the P. Mannings, Bradys and maybe Favres, ranked right behind the second tier QB's (Roethlisberger, Rivers and Romo sits to pee) even this year.

for what it's worth, just saw on NFL Total Access, that if you look at Favre's first 11 games compared with JC, the stats are nearly identical. Good indication for how much potential JC possesses. :2cents:

for what it's worth, just saw on NFL Total Access, that if you look at Favre's first 11 games compared with JC, the stats are nearly identical. Good indication for how much potential JC possesses. :2cents:

I keep seeing the same comparisons to Romo sits to pee, too.

But I did some research, and looking at Romo sits to pee's 12 games, when you look at games against teams with winning records, he's 2-2.

(I haven't looked at JC's opponents, but it could be similar.)

Archived