Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Senator Mitchell's MLB Steroid Report to Name Well-Known Players

E-Dog Night

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3060689

Sources: Forthcoming Mitchell report will be 'huge story'

By Buster Olney

ESPN The Magazine

Since former Senator George Mitchell launched his investigation into baseball's steroid past 18 months ago, the big questions have been whether the final report would name names, and how many names would be named, and how important the names would be.

Some officials came away from a 30-team Major League Baseball conference call held mid-day Friday with the understanding that the forthcoming Mitchell report would include many names; names which have so far not been disclosed publicly; and the names of well-known players.

According to those familiar with the conference call, Tom Carlucci, a lawyer for MLB, told the team representatives on the conference call that the report is going to be "salacious."

Said one source familiar with what was said on the conference call, "This is going to be enormous ... it's going to be a huge story when these names come out."

Carlucci, part of the San Francisco-based firm of Foley and Lardner, indicated on the call, according to sources, that the report would come down sometime between the conclusion of the World Series and the beginning of the new year.

Click on above link for rest of article

...any guesses? I'll take Mcguire & Sosa for starters. It will be interesting to see how many World Series winners will be in that report.

The report will name names meaning....what? That someone else said they took roids? That they failed a test before the tougher standards? That they received HGH?

What extent does naming names even mean? And if the person hasn't failed a test or admitted it, who cares?

You are just saying that because you are scared how many O's were on the juice :laugh:

You are just saying that because you are scared how many O's were on the juice :laugh:

Not really.

Like I said, unless the player fails a test or admits to use, it doesn't matter. The investigation is just hearsay from person to person, not actual evidence.

Since so many players did them anyway, the whole era is tainted regardless of guilt or innocence. I don't care what Orioles will be named, especially since this whole investigation is such a farce anyway.

And besides, there are 4 teams in the playoffs right now. I GUARANTEE that at least one player from each team us using something illegal RIGHT NOW. As long as people are in competition, some people will look to gain an advantage.

Not really.

Like I said, unless the player fails a test or admits to use, it doesn't matter. The investigation is just hearsay from person to person, not actual evidence.

Since so many players did them anyway, the whole era is tainted regardless of guilt or innocence. I don't care what Orioles will be named, especially since this whole investigation is such a farce anyway.

And besides, there are 4 teams in the playoffs right now. I GUARANTEE that at least one player from each team us using something illegal RIGHT NOW. As long as people are in competition, some people will look to gain an advantage.

If you have HGH being sent to the players then that is not hearsay but actual evidence. We do not know what information they have but will find out soon.

Since there is no HGH test in MLB this is they only way the can connect players with it. Now this can be huge news if they name potential or players already in the hall we never suspected.

Archived