Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Anyone Gone To CZ To Do A Thread That JC is NFC Offensive Player Of The Week?

tr1

So a 6th grader can out debate you?

I'll refrain from an insult in return, because this isn't my house.

Your point that I debated was not Monk in the HOF. It was Monk as the best WR ever when he retired. You can spin it any way you want.

I know he played a long time but Jerry Rice was never a Dallas Cowboy. If you don't believe me please look it up. You will find that he played for the 49ers (I hate them), Raiders (I hate them), Seahawks (after last year I hate them :D ), and one last season trying to make the Broncos (I hate them). It had nothing whatsoever to do with a home team flavor. It was about proper respect for the best guy to ever play the position, maybe the best guy to ever play the game regardless of position.

Just for the record, I do not engage in the "you suck" and "go away" banter. I like it when opposing fans who are knowledgable and have a sense of humor come to the site. I will knock down a troll, but I do that even if they are Cowboys trolls. I will jump into a debate, but I do that even against Cowboys fans. I debate very passionately against some people who I consider my best friends on that site.

I do not like Cowboys fans crapping here any more than I like anyone crapping back there. Dealing with crap is not fun. I respect this site, even when I don't agree with some things here. I never come here to gloat. I never come here to be a jerk. I rarely post. I tried to joke around the first time I came here and it was not received well at all. Out of respect, I backed off and stay away for the most part.

As for "acting like a Moderator," I'll simply repeat what I said before. You weren't moderated. You've never received an infraction or warning from any Mod on our site. Not one single infraction. Ergo, you have no frigging idea how I moderate. Not one single solitary clue. On the forum, in public view, I am a poster with an opinion, not a Mod. I don't flex my Mod muscles. Had I "moderated" you it would have been via PM in private and I would have done so with tact unless you were grossly out of line. Don't blame me that you see the title and figure if I disagree with you that you're in some kind of trouble. That isn't me man. Never will be.

This means nothing to me. I don't say that to offend. I simply don't care about a competition between the sites as to which is better, or which has better discussions.

I get into good discussions with anyone who will step up to the mike and sing their song. You want to earn my respect, all you have to do is carry on an intelligent debate and have a sense of humor.

You can disagree with me all you want that Monk was better than Jerry Rice. You want proof? That thread is al the proof you need. At no point were you made to feel unwelcome by me. Not my fault it hurt your feelings.

You were there just a few hours ago.

I don't remove accounts. You're welcome to come back any time you like and debate any subject you want. If you don't, that's your call.

I won't lose a minute's sleep either way.

Actually, I only "go there", when I absent-mindedly click on a link to your site, like the one right after my first post on this thread. I'd actually appreciate it if you'd delete my account so if I click on a link to your site, I'd get the message "you must login" instead of read anything posted there. But whatever.

Yes, sometimes I think I know so little football compared to you and lots of people here, a sixth grader could out debate me, by virtue of knowing more football statistics than I do, kinda like you did on the point that Monk didn't hold all the records I thought he did by the time he retired.

One example about your reading comprehension though is you don't seem to get or want to ignore is that I've agreed that Rice is the best ever. It's how Monk compares to receivers before Rice that we probably disagree on.

Naw, let me make clear what I mean about your moderating, and maybe help your site actually get more fans of other teams if you're really interested. It's normal to go to a forum and debate more than one person. But when a moderator joins in the pack just as rabidly as the regular members, there's no point in debating. You're at the moderator's mercy, for things including criticizing my on-topic flaming while making your own on-topic flaming and making excuses for your fellow fans stupid comments. It's just not fun or give and take at that point, at least not for me. Which is why I come here to read about the skins and watch the fireworks when I browse ATN. At least there's two sides here, not your site where you the moderator go after redskin posters.

You guys dogpiled a guy riggo something just before giving me the same treatment, ignored his good points, while shifting the debate to points you felt comfortable with. Maybe that guy is OK with it and still there. When it's a moderator leading the pack, I'm not comfortable with it, and that may be why I see more fans of other teams on this site than yours.

Anyways, as far as YOU go, that's what I mean by my opinion of you as a moderator. In person, you may be a swell guy, but I really don't even browse your forum anymore. It's all cowpuke wank over there, maybe for the reasons I gave above.

I can get more info from the cowpuke fans brave enough to come here and deal with equally die hard skins fans, and at least get both sides.

And I know I sound like a freakin commercial for this site, but really I'm just trying to provide comparison to why I'm here and not there. I'm just an average fan with average football knowledge and very low post count at either site, so if I were you I wouldn't lose any sleep over me not going there anymore either.

that's just sad

I could care less what other boards think

And I wish to formally apologize, not to Hostile or any cowpuke posters I ran into over there, but to any (edit: OTHER fans) dallas or washington fans that post in both places. I do not intend to start my beef flaming across the two forums. I apologize to you guys skins and cowboy fans if anything I've said comes back at any fans at either site. Despite my now low opinion of the "cowboy zone", I still think it's cool for both sides to go both places.

Hailgreen, you are responsbile for your own actions, no one else's. Same with anyone. And there is no falme war between the sites. Just between some posters. Both sites see wayyyyyyy more blood spilled by homie-on-homie action that by rival visitors.

That said, I always encourage people to repsent your site with and your team effectively and competently, whether its your nature to lead with barbed tongue or diplomatic demeanor. Have a little style. Bring something to the table. JMO.

Hailgreen, you are responsbile for your own actions, no one else's. Same with anyone. And there is no falme war between the sites. Just between some posters. Both sites see wayyyyyyy more blood spilled by homie-on-homie action that by rival visitors.

That said, I always encourage people to repsent your site with and your team effectively and competently, whether its your nature to lead with barbed tongue or diplomatic demeanor. Have a little style. Bring something to the table. JMO.

I agree with this post in pretty much all it's content. Sensible in all respects.

Actually, I only "go there", when I absent-mindedly click on a link to your site, like the one right after my first post on this thread. I'd actually appreciate it if you'd delete my account so if I click on a link to your site, I'd get the message "you must login" instead of read anything posted there. But whatever.
As I said, I do not delete accounts. The choice to go there is yours and the door is always open as long as you follow the rules.
Yes, sometimes I think I know so little football compared to you and lots of people here, a sixth grader could out debate me, by virtue of knowing more football statistics than I do, kinda like you did on the point that Monk didn't hold all the records I thought he did by the time he retired.
I rarely rely on stats HG28. I resorted to them to show you that something you contended was wrong. No other reason. As evidence of my rarely doing this, I proclaimed Rice as the best ever without using stats to make the argument. I felt there was no need. Most football fans would know without much prompting that Rice is the best WR ever. Only when you couldn't simply say he was the best, and contended that statistically Monk was better when he retired did I go to the stats. It was a long time coming before I bothered to use them. You had ample time to alter your tack. Had you, I'd have dropped it.

Again my apologies that doing so offended you.

One example about your reading comprehension though is you don't seem to get or want to ignore is that I've agreed that Rice is the best ever. It's how Monk compares to receivers before Rice that we probably disagree on.
Excuse the tooting of my own horn here, but I graduated with Honors and 3 degrees, one being in English. You don't need to worry about my reading comprehension. I can hang with the best of them any day of the week.

You agree now that Rice was better. At the time you did not maintain that. If you have changed your tune now perhaps it is because you actually can see that what I maintained all along was correct and your stance there was a bit foolish. Therefore I have no idea why it should offend you. When I say something foolish and someone points it out I laugh at myself.

Naw, let me make clear what I mean about your moderating, and maybe help your site actually get more fans of other teams if you're really interested. It's normal to go to a forum and debate more than one person. But when a moderator joins in the pack just as rabidly as the regular members, there's no point in debating. You're at the moderator's mercy, for things including criticizing my on-topic flaming while making your own on-topic flaming and making excuses for your fellow fans stupid comments. It's just not fun or give and take at that point, at least not for me. Which is why I come here to read about the skins and watch the fireworks when I browse ATN. At least there's two sides here, not your site where you the moderator go after redskin posters.
So what you are saying is that no Moderator on any site should debate a fan of another team?

I think your Mods here, and Mods everywhere, would disagree with you. Ask them if you doubt me.

Let me clue you in on a little secret, we have opinions too, and we do share them. All of us who Moderate, on just about any forum, for any team can hold our own in any debate. It's kind of one of the reasons why we get considered for the job in the first place. The idea that we should sit on our hands and hold out tongues is offensive. It doesn't happen on any forum, nor should it.

By the way, doing this is not "going after" an opposing fan. I do not "go after" anyone. If someone says something I disagree with I will debate it. I do so as a poster on the forum. I generally debate people I think are intelligent. It's a hell of a lot more fun.

I personally do not like the Mod hat. Never have, for exactly this reason. Guys like you are not tough enough to allow me my own opinions. If I disagree with you, it offends you. That's nonsense, but it's the way of forums. It happens to the Mods here too. Trust me, there are Cowboys fans who feel about the Mods here exactly as you do about me. They are just as wrong as you are.

You guys dogpiled a guy riggo something just before giving me the same treatment, ignored his good points, while shifting the debate to points you felt comfortable with. Maybe that guy is OK with it and still there. When it's a moderator leading the pack, I'm not comfortable with it, and that may be why I see more fans of other teams on this site than yours.
Fans get dogpiled every day on every forum. Especially if they say something foolish.

Guess what? If a Cowboys fan says something stupid they'll get dogpiled at our site too. Don't believe me? Check out a poster on our site named eduncan22. Just about every time he posts the dogpile happens. He says a lot of really foolish things. There are fans of every team that do this.

You think you got dogpiled? You got off easy.

Oh, and for the record, had you written that opinion here and I felt inclined I'd have responded the exact same way. Had you kept it up I would have responded the exact same way. By arguing/debating/insisting that Rice was already the greatest WR of all time when Monk retired. Imagine that, consistency of opinion despite no power to make you fear me.

Anyways, as far as YOU go, that's what I mean by my opinion of you as a moderator. In person, you may be a swell guy, but I really don't even browse your forum anymore. It's all cowpuke wank over there, maybe for the reasons I gave above.

I can get more info from the cowpuke fans brave enough to come here and deal with equally die hard skins fans, and at least get both sides.

I don't care what your opinion of Cowboys fans in general is. I don't even care what your opinion of me is, or our forum. You want to hate my guts, be my guest. Join Method Man in a hate fest. I don't care.

Intelligent fans with a sense of humor will always be welcome there. 99 times out of 100 that is the case on every forum.

It is understandable that you'd be more comfortable here. Just as I am more comfortable there. In fact, my first 2 experiences here were extremely negative. I visit because I have friends here. Or at least I consider them friends. You see, I do not dislike people. I don't dislike Redskins fans at all. I do dislike Redskins trolls. I also dislike Cowboys trolls. If you're not a troll, I have no issue with you. Your issue with me is because I deigned to disagree with you. It's a free country, so have your issues. I don't care.

And I know I sound like a freakin commercial for this site, but really I'm just trying to provide comparison to why I'm here and not there. I'm just an average fan with average football knowledge and very low post count at either site, so if I were you I wouldn't lose any sleep over me not going there anymore either.
Oh I won't. Given your attitude about being disagreed with we're better off without your input.

It's your site. You can have the last word if you want it. Insult me further if you wish. I can't stop you. I won't demand justice. You got the power here. I'm an interloper and I recognize that. I'll only respond to you if you ask a question. If I'm so inclined to answer that is.

Best post in the thread Jumbo.

By far...

:2cents:

You want to really read something funny??

Read their prediction thread about their upcoming game with the Pats. Now I know it's a Cowboy site and they are going to favor their team but out of 7 pages there are only 7 posts total conceding the Pats may win. There are alot of fans over there predicting a Cowboy blowout. :laugh:

My favorite line?? " I do not think your team can handle a motivated Romo sits to pee" :excited:

Why is this funny to me? Because from what I've ever read over there, they've always puffed out their chests and claimed they were truly objective(Silverbear comes to mind here) when it comes to discussing football while Redskins fans are total homers and can be objective about nothing.

How ironic..........:laugh:

As I said, I do not delete accounts. The choice to go there is yours and the door is always open as long as you follow the rules.

I rarely rely on stats HG28. I resorted to them to show you that something you contended was wrong. No other reason. As evidence of my rarely doing this, I proclaimed Rice as the best ever without using stats to make the argument. I felt there was no need. Most football fans would know without much prompting that Rice is the best WR ever. Only when you couldn't simply say he was the best, and contended that statistically Monk was better when he retired did I go to the stats. It was a long time coming before I bothered to use them. You had ample time to alter your tack. Had you, I'd have dropped it.

Again my apologies that doing so offended you.

Excuse the tooting of my own horn here, but I graduated with Honors and 3 degrees, one being in English. You don't need to worry about my reading comprehension. I can hang with the best of them any day of the week.

You agree now that Rice was better. At the time you did not maintain that. If you have changed your tune now perhaps it is because you actually can see that what I maintained all along was correct and your stance there was a bit foolish. Therefore I have no idea why it should offend you. When I say something foolish and someone points it out I laugh at myself.

So what you are saying is that no Moderator on any site should debate a fan of another team?

I think your Mods here, and Mods everywhere, would disagree with you. Ask them if you doubt me.

Let me clue you in on a little secret, we have opinions too, and we do share them. All of us who Moderate, on just about any forum, for any team can hold our own in any debate. It's kind of one of the reasons why we get considered for the job in the first place. The idea that we should sit on our hands and hold out tongues is offensive. It doesn't happen on any forum, nor should it.

By the way, doing this is not "going after" an opposing fan. I do not "go after" anyone. If someone says something I disagree with I will debate it. I do so as a poster on the forum. I generally debate people I think are intelligent. It's a hell of a lot more fun.

I personally do not like the Mod hat. Never have, for exactly this reason. Guys like you are not tough enough to allow me my own opinions. If I disagree with you, it offends you. That's nonsense, but it's the way of forums. It happens to the Mods here too. Trust me, there are Cowboys fans who feel about the Mods here exactly as you do about me. They are just as wrong as you are.

Fans get dogpiled every day on every forum. Especially if they say something foolish.

Guess what? If a Cowboys fan says something stupid they'll get dogpiled at our site too. Don't believe me? Check out a poster on our site named eduncan22. Just about every time he posts the dogpile happens. He says a lot of really foolish things. There are fans of every team that do this.

You think you got dogpiled? You got off easy.

Oh, and for the record, had you written that opinion here and I felt inclined I'd have responded the exact same way. Had you kept it up I would have responded the exact same way. By arguing/debating/insisting that Rice was already the greatest WR of all time when Monk retired. Imagine that, consistency of opinion despite no power to make you fear me.

I don't care what your opinion of Cowboys fans in general is. I don't even care what your opinion of me is, or our forum. You want to hate my guts, be my guest. Join Method Man in a hate fest. I don't care.

Intelligent fans with a sense of humor will always be welcome there. 99 times out of 100 that is the case on every forum.

It is understandable that you'd be more comfortable here. Just as I am more comfortable there. In fact, my first 2 experiences here were extremely negative. I visit because I have friends here. Or at least I consider them friends. You see, I do not dislike people. I don't dislike Redskins fans at all. I do dislike Redskins trolls. I also dislike Cowboys trolls. If you're not a troll, I have no issue with you. Your issue with me is because I deigned to disagree with you. It's a free country, so have your issues. I don't care.

Oh I won't. Given your attitude about being disagreed with we're better off without your input.

It's your site. You can have the last word if you want it. Insult me further if you wish. I can't stop you. I won't demand justice. You got the power here. I'm an interloper and I recognize that. I'll only respond to you if you ask a question. If I'm so inclined to answer that is.

No, I agreed from the beginning Rice was better, I just thought he didn't break Monk's records before Monk retired.

No, I spent enough time browsing your forum, you and your me-tooers constantly dogpile people who disagree with you, maybe for some kind of validation?

And no, it isn't "my site" here, I'm hardly even an active poster. Though being a skins fan myself, I am rather partial to browsing thru this place. I was just trying to explain why your site is a wank-fest, using this place as comparison.

I don't hate you, don't even know you personally. I saw a thread here about a hypothetical thread to your web site, and referred a similar actual thread there that went from "he deserves the award", to "no, he wasn't the best ever", to an odd reference to Drew Bledsoe, where the mod (you) and at least some members there act very childishly. That's all.

edit: figure I got all the passwords I wanted to save written down, deleting cache to solve at least one problem.

No, I agreed from the beginning Rice was better

That isn't what he said though. He said that when Monk retired he was not the best WR in the History of the game. Records don't make you the best ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HailGreen

Going by the records, he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostile

No, it was the truth. Art Monk wasn't the greatest WR in the History of the NFL when he retired. He was dead on right about that.

Quote:

Going by the record book, he was. I understand you disagree, but so do I.

Quote:

Again, he said Monk was not the best when he retired. I posted his post which pissed you off so much above. You can see for yourself.

Quote:

The records say otherwise, as to whether he was the best at his position when he retired.

Quote:

Then define yourself, because no one in the world who knows jack about football will ever agree with that. By the time Monk retired Jerry Rice was already the best WR in the History of the game.

Quote:

You disagree that Art Monk, at the time he retired as the all-time receptions leader, single-season receptions leader, and all-time leader in most consecutive games with a reception, the top receiver of a team that won 3 Superbowls (Gary Clark was faster, but who got the ball the most?) wasn't the greatest receiver in the history of the game at that time?

Wow.

Archived