Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Anyone Gone To CZ To Do A Thread That JC is NFC Offensive Player Of The Week?

tr1

I just went and found the thread you are referencing and you are totally exagerrating what was said. The person you are quoting about Bledsoe was MOCKING the idea of him being a great QB, you took it wrong.

You also made flase statements in your argument like Art Monk retired with the most all time receptions, and the most receptions in a single season, both which were wrong.

You also said he was the best WR every when he retired when everyone knows Rice was.

You were mocked for repeatedly being wrong.

Here is a link your first post was #28, lets see if anyone thinks you were being flamed http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89972

I know what I said over there, and I exaggerated nothing. Trying to say that Bledsoe's career has anything in common with Monk's other than longevity is a joke. Trying to insinuate that Monk's entry into the HOF is comparable to Bledsoe, even as joke, is still ridiculous. I was corrected about Rice breaking Monk's record before Monk retired from football, and acknowledged it, but Monk still held those records and but for Rice would've kept them longer. I said something to the effect "couldn't Rice have waited a little while?"

Other than Rice breaking Monk's records before he retired, refresh my memory, what was I wrong about?

A cowpuke poster made an easily ridiculed statement about Monk and Bledsoe, then the moderator jumps in "no, he was just kidding". Even as a joke, the insinuation that Monk deserves the HOF no more than Bledsoe does, is stupidity that deserves to get called out.

The first to eclipse 900 receptions, as well as retiring with the single season receptions record (106) and the most consecutive games with a catch (183)

On edit: Wrong cowpuke. You can tell lies about Art Monk over at the girlzone and get away with it, but not here.

Art Monk DID NOT have the single season reception record when he retired

Art Monk DID NOT hold the all time reception record when he retired

Monk was a great WR, no need to hold on to things that arent true to make him look better. He is good enough on his own

I know what I said over there, and I exaggerated nothing. Trying to say that Bledsoe's career has anything in common with Monk's other than longevity is a joke.

Nobody over there said that

Trying to insinuate that Monk's entry into the HOF is comparable to Bledsoe, even as joke, is still ridiculous.

Nobody said that either

I was corrected about Rice breaking Monk's record before Monk retired from football, and acknowledged it, but Monk still held those records and but for Rice would've kept them longer. I said something to the effect "couldn't Rice have waited a little while?"

Yes you did

Other than Rice breaking Monk's records before he retired, refresh my memory, what was I wrong about?

A cowpuke poster made an easily ridiculed statement about Monk and Bledsoe, then the moderator jumps in "no, he was just kidding". Even as a joke, the insinuation that Monk deserves the HOF no more than Bledsoe does, is stupidity that deserves to get called out.

Nobody insinuated that.

You were wrong in saying Monk was the greatest WR ever, as well as on two of the records you kept mentioning.

You were wrong on anyone saying Bledsoe deserved to be in the HOF, and you were wrong about being flamed

Nobody over there said that

Nobody said that either

Yes you did

Nobody insinuated that.

You were wrong in saying Monk was the greatest WR ever, as well as on two of the records you kept mentioning.

You were wrong on anyone saying Bledsoe deserved to be in the HOF, and you were wrong about being flamed

Gee, how did Bledsoe's name come up?

Before Rice, going strictly by the records, there's a good argument that Monk was the best. And I admitted from the start that Rice was better.

I was right about the flaming, anybody who wants to take a look can judge for themselves.

Gee, how did Bledsoe's name come up?

He came up because you said Monk was the greatest WR of all time because he held the records, someone mocked that idea by asking if bledsoe stuck around and broke the passing records would you consider him the best QB of all time. here it is word for word, it was a facetious question

hail, stop being a homer if possible. Art Monk was a very good WR. A game changer sometimes, but not often. If Drew Bledsoe had played long enough he would have had most of the all time records (at least before Manning breaks them). Does that make him the greatest QB of all time. Your so called arguement is pathetic at best.

Before Rice, going strictly by the records, there's a good argument that Monk was the best. And I admitted from the start that Rice was better.

No you didn't in this post you stated going by records he was the best WR ever (even though the records you cited were wrong)

I was right about the flaming, anybody who wants to take a look can judge for themselves.

I think they should honestly, because if you considered that flaming wow you must have some thin skin

He came up because you said Monk was the greatest WR of all time because he held the records, someone mocked that idea by asking if bledsoe stuck around and broke the passing records would you consider him the best QB of all time. here it is word for word, it was a facetious question

No you didn't in this post you stated going by records he was the best WR ever (even though the records you cited were wrong)

I think they should honestly, because if you considered that flaming wow you must have some thin skin

Nope, the question even facetious, deserves ridicule.

But my point was that before Rice, nobody achieved what Monk did, a point you like the cz people are conveniently ignoring.

Flaming without sticking to topic, (admittedly off topic from Green HOF), should Monk be HOF, is why I pulled out. No, the language wasn't too bad, it was the stupidity of the people I was talking to, like ignoring the point like you just did, is why I hung up the cleats there and left.

edit: be back in a couple of hours, just in case you notice I don't reply again soon. RL intevenes. TTYL.

Nope, the question even facetious, deserves ridicule.

You were wrong man you misread the statement, its ok to admit that

But my point was that before Rice, nobody achieved what Monk did, a point you like the cz people are conveniently ignoring.

Flaming without sticking to topic, (admittedly off topic from Green HOF), should Monk be HOF, is why I pulled out. No, the language wasn't too bad, it was the stupidity of the people I was talking to, like ignoring the point like you just did, is why I hung up the cleats there and left.

But that is not what you did, you said he was the best WR ever when he retired you said it more than once even after Rice was brought up. You got smacked in that thread for being repeatedly wrong, there was no flaming as anyone can see it was just embarrasing for you.

You think that is flaming dont stick around ATN for to long :laugh:

Art Monk DID NOT have the single season reception record when he retired

Art Monk DID NOT hold the all time reception record when he retired

Art Monk retired with the single season reception record and the consecutive games with a catch record. The career reception record was surpassed in the final week of Monk's career.

You were wrong man you misread the statement, its ok to admit that

But that is not what you did, you said he was the best WR ever when he retired you said it more than once even after Rice was brought up. You got smacked in that thread for being repeatedly wrong, there was no flaming as anyone can see it was just embarrasing for you.

You think that is flaming dont stick around ATN for to long :laugh:

How about cowpuke fans admitting the Bledsoe reference was stupid to begin with? :rolleyes:

LOL. I admitted Rice was better, you fail at reading comprehension, like they do over there. I think cowpuke fans do get a rough time over here, but even tr1 and others display better "to the point" jabs than the pukes over there do.

Art Monk retired with the single season reception record

No he didnt go check out reception leaders in 1994

and the consecutive games with a catch record.

agreed thats why i didnt mention it.

The career reception record was surpassed in the final week of Monk's career.

Correct which means he did not retire with the record which is all that was stated

How about cowpuke fans admitting the Bledsoe reference was stupid to begin with? :rolleyes:

He meant it to be stupid, you didnt understand that

LOL. I admitted Rice was better, you fail at reading comprehension, like they do over there.

That isn't what he said though. He said that when Monk retired he was not the best WR in the History of the game. Records don't make you the best ever.

Going by the records, he was.

No, it was the truth. Art Monk wasn't the greatest WR in the History of the NFL when he retired. He was dead on right about that.

Going by the record book, he was. I understand you disagree, but so do I.

Again, he said Monk was not the best when he retired. I posted his post which pissed you off so much above. You can see for yourself.

The records say otherwise, as to whether he was the best at his position when he retired.

Then define yourself, because no one in the world who knows jack about football will ever agree with that. By the time Monk retired Jerry Rice was already the best WR in the History of the game.

You disagree that Art Monk, at the time he retired as the all-time receptions leader, single-season receptions leader, and all-time leader in most consecutive games with a reception, the top receiver of a team that won 3 Superbowls (Gary Clark was faster, but who got the ball the most?) wasn't the greatest receiver in the history of the game at that time?

Wow.

You have a funny way of admitting Rice was better

I stand corrected, Cris Carter of Minnesota broke his record prior to his retirement.

Shannon Sharpe passed it twice in 1992 and 1993

In 1994 Chris Carter, Jerry Rice and Terance Mathis all passed it

in 1995 Herman Moore, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Isaac Bruce, Micheal Irvin, and Brett Perriman all passed it

Shannon Sharpe passed it twice in 1992 and 1993

In 1994 Chris Carter, Jerry Rice and Terance Mathis all passed it

in 1995 Herman Moore, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Isaac Bruce, Micheal Irvin, and Brett Perriman all passed it

So whats your point? You cowgirl fans here are still a bunch of whiney little female dogs. So you don't think Monk deserves the HoF? Take it to another thread. This thread was about how you are a whiny little female dog.

So whats your point? You cowgirl fans here are still a bunch of whiney little female dogs. So you don't think Monk deserves the HoF? Take it to another thread. This thread was about how you are a whiny little female dog.

Where did anyone say Monk didnt deserve the HOF? You should at least stay on subject when name calling

Where did anyone say Monk didnt deserve the HOF? You should at least stay on subject when name calling

Uhmm? Look at the thread title (it implies that you are a whiny little female dog). The only one off topic here is you.

It's sacreligious for a cowgirl to even think about Monk, no less post stats here about him.

BigDFan5, you probably know by now from being on here all of Monk's acheivements. I read the thread inthe link to CZ, and almost none of the cowboy fans even had enough courage to admit Monk deserves to be in the HOF. You and I both know he deserves it. Rivalries aside, Irvin deserved it (though I believe his character issues should have kept him out a little longer), although not before Monk. I can understand the reason why so many people find CZ disgusting, and why there are a lot of cowboys fans on here. It's very infantile over there.

Uhmm? Look at the thread title (it implies that you are a whiny little female dog). The only one off topic here is you.

It's sacreligious for a cowgirl to even think about Monk, no less post stats here about him.

I replied to a post in this thread, and was on topic with his post

I have no idea what the original post said as that poster is on ignore

You dont want me to think about Monk, and yet I was able to tell you something about him you didnt even know?

It seemed like you were implying it. I even wrote a response to you about it. You may be man enough to see past a rivalry and admit what's right, but most over at CZ in that thread aren't.

I guarantee if you started a thread about why Irvin deserved the Hall, the majority would agree he does, and the only flack you'd get is that he didn't deserve it before Monk. Extremeskins is light years ahead of CZ. And that's why so many of you infest our site.

I refuse to set foot in that children's playground again, but if they've still got it up, and you're still a member, check out the thread. (I think it was a thread about Green getting in the HOF) My user name was same over there as here.

Basically, I said Art Monk should also be a shoe-in for the HOF, and the discussion went from "Jerry Rice was better" to "then why not Drew Bledsoe in HOF too?" When it became obvious I was talking to brick walls over there, I left and haven't looked back.

You made a point of calling me out as a reason why you won't come back to Cowboyszone. I would just like to point out that is your decision.

In a discussion there I am not a Moderator, I am a member of the forum like everyone else. No different than you, even though you're there as a visitor and me as a fan of the team. I am only a Moderator if I have to govern something. To my knowledge you have never been governed. Your account shows no infractions or warnings. In other words, you've never been moderated there.

Therefore the problem seems to be that I had the audacity to disagree with you and prove your contentions wrong. Forgive me for not knowing the protocol of dealing with you. Disagreement with your theories equals repression. From now on I will know this. I may not fall in line with your expectations if I disagree with you, but at least I will know what you expect.

For the record, I have long been an advocate that Art Monk deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I believe it is a travesty that he isn't. I just disagreed with your stance that he retired as the greatest WR in NFL history and I proved that he wasn't. Being the greatest isn't a pre-requisite of the Hall of Fame. So I have no earthly clue why this wounds you so badly. My apologies that it hurt your feelings. I assumed it was a discussion. As in a give and take of ideas on both sides of the issue.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Archived