Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats up with the penalty calling?

Passizle

Last night, Romo sits to pee gets sacked with an INCIDENTAL face mask and they give them the full fifteen yards with a first down?

They tackle Witten, he tries to escape, again they get his facemask incidentally and get the fifteen and first.

Now... get this. Roy Williams CLEARLY horsecollars a guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF and he walks away with an incidental facemask for 5 yards. Not only was the horsecollar clear. The face mask should have netted fifteen... not to mention that another defender clearly hit the guy out of bounds. Talk about darlings of the NFL. Jones must have some DEEP pockets.

When the Bills player pleaded with the ref about the horse collar, the ref just gave him a shrug like, "Tough ****."

There was also a hit out of bounds on that play that didn't get called. All in all, should've been 30-40 yards of penalties there.

Here's a post from another board that I thought fit well here:

Some other obvious bad calls IMO against us was the delay of game penalty on TO.........that was ridiculous.

TO being forced out of bounds. Have seen 100 hundreds times more questionable thanthat and it been given to a WR. That play was the epitome of the rule and the refs blew it.

After the bad call on TO's catch McBriar during his punt was clearly run into and nothing? That at least was a five yarder and really should have been 15 with the defender undercutting his legs. No he wasn'y blocked, he dove and came up with air and rolled into McBriar's plant leg.

Last......Jabari Greer face guarding TO. Never once turned for the ball, just stuck his arms straight into TO's chest. Again what he did was the defenition of the rule and yet again nothing

There is no consistency with these part time zebra blind bastages. They will still have Mike Parrera(sp?) head of NFL officiating in their corner backing them up. That guy is the bggest tool I have ever seen.

I agree that there are some calls that dont get called against the Cowboys... but it goes both ways, regardless of which team, regardless of which game...

The hit after the no call horsecollar/wrong call 5 yard facemask was not only a late hit out of bounds but also a helmet to helmet hit. The girls got stupid lucky on that missed call, only having 5 penalty yards instead of a possible 30. edit: or would it be 45? I think the facemask/late hit or horsecollar/late hit penalties would have been called separate and compunded but would the facemask AND horsecollar compound with the late hit for 45 yards?

The hit after the no call horsecollar/wrong call 5 yard facemask was not only a late hit out of bounds but also a helmet to helmet hit. The girls got stupid lucky on that missed call, only having 5 penalty yards instead of a possible 30. edit: or would it be 45? I think the facemask/late hit or horsecollar/late hit penalties would have been called separate and compunded but would the facemask AND horsecollar compound with the late hit for 45 yards?

I think you can only accept one penalty, which they would have chose the personal foul for 15 yards, but I could be wrong.

The facemask on Romo sits to pee was clearly a 15 yarder, but I could not believe that Roy Williams play. There were three seperate 15 yarders on that play, all directly in front of the official, and it results in 5 yards? I don't know what that was all about.

The facemask on Romo sits to pee was clearly a 15 yarder, but I could not believe that Roy Williams play. There were three seperate 15 yarders on that play, all directly in front of the official, and it results in 5 yards? I don't know what that was all about.

The horse collar rule only applies if you immediately pull down the runner. Williams was holding the back of the shoulder pads, but rode the player out of bounds rather than pulling him down.

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 1, subpoint (d) states:

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside collar of the back or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket. [emphasis added]

The horse collar rule only applies if you immediately pull down the runner. Williams was holding the back of the shoulder pads, but rode the player out of bounds rather than pulling him down.

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside collar of the back or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads and immediately pulling down the runner. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket. [emphasis added]

you got to be kidding me.:bsflag: the way RW tackled lynch was EXACTLY the same way he tackled TO when he broke his leg. Ala, Roy "horse collar" Williams rule.

you got to be kidding me.:bsflag: the way RW tackled lynch was EXACTLY the same way he tackled TO when he broke his leg. Ala, Roy "horse collar" Williams rule.

You need to view it again without your homer glasses on. It wasn't even close. If he had pulled him down, how did Newman hit him in the helmet?

You need to view it again without your homer glasses on. It wasn't even close. If he had pulled him down, how did Newman hit him in the helmet?

huh? because newman hit lynch late when he was out of bounds, it couldn't have been a horse collar? BRILLANT! :laugh:

I would like to see the replay on the facemask against Rom. I dont think it was condsidered facemask. They said something about ripping the helmet off by the back of the head or something. Either way, it look incidental to me. Sure, the guy should have grabbed lower, but he did nmot blatantly try to take Romo sits to pee's head off.

The no call was for PI was BS too. The defender never turned around to make the play, but it was TO so I dont care.

The horsecollar **** has to ge. They named the freakin rule after him, and he never gets caught doint it. I bet the commish fines him again though.

You're statement is idiotic [emphasis added]. Roy Williams grabbed him inside the jersy (they changed it from inside the shoulder pads last year) and took the weight off his feet and tried to tackle Lynch. It doesn't say you have to successfully pull him down, but pull down. I wopuld say using your entire body weight counts as pulling down. Read the rule. Go look at the videos of him shattering Musa Smiths leg and breaking TOs ankle. He did the exact same thing last night, but Lynch was able to support him based on leaning forward.

How do the cowboys go that whole game without a single holding penalty...Disgusting...Hi def does not lie. They did not hesitate to hand out drive killers to the Bills...C'mon refs. We all know it could be called on every play...How bout some parity.

That, quite frankly, is just BS! He not only grabbed hold of the face mask and KEPT holding it but when that wasn't enough he clearly horsecollared him. you can clearly see the player's legs bend back awkwardly, the most telling sign of it and on top of that another player hit him helmet-to-helmet OUT OF BOUNDS. There should be players heavily fined or suspended for that crap!

The most galling thing is Williams was actually laughing after the play. I truly hope that Sellers runs over him like a Mack truck leaving cleat marks in his face and 'retiring' him before he has any more opportunities to end other players careers.

I agree that there are some calls that dont get called against the Cowboys... but it goes both ways, regardless of which team, regardless of which game...

Damn...both ways my ass...typical puke fan. Roy has gotten away with the horse collar way too many times after the rule was made after him. You are a blind fool if you can't admit that.

Archived