Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why so many empty seats?

desertfox59

This is the first year I broke down and ordered Direct T.V. NFL sunday ticket.

I have to tell you that I'm dissapointed in the number of empty seats at FED EX field during this last game.

Was there some sort of boycott going on or something?

When I was a Kid RFK was sold out like decades in advance....what the hell is going on here?

:wtf:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some ... people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I have to admit to being extraordinarily disappointed with actual attendance so far this year.

I hate ragging on Snyder -- but something has to be done about the top two levels. They'd be making more at the stadium every Sunday if the seats were full. More soda, beer, and other concessions sold.

I also suppose that I'll use this opportunity to express my disappointment with the "HEY! YOU SUCK!" chants. I'd rather be the classy fans, not the ones who give our team a bad name.

My 2 cents.

I have to tell you that I'm dissapointed in the number of empty seats at FED EX field during this last game.

When I was a Kid RFK was sold out like decades in advance....what the hell is going on here?

Yeah FedEx is sold out every game too. It's no different except with 30,00 extra seats there'll be some empty. People who buy em just to sell em and didn't. The club level people need to get reppin'. That's where all the emptiness is.

I also suppose that I'll use this opportunity to express my disappointment with the "HEY! YOU SUCK!" chants. I'd rather be the classy fans, not the ones who give our team a bad name.

Really, now? I'm all for anything that gets people into the game without going overboard and that certainly does seem to do the trick.

I Dont know but what do you think about this Jersey Idea ?

30 on the Front

21 on the Back

Area 51 where the name is ..... CAN IT BE DONE ?

Yeeesh. On the NNT list so tries to hijack a thread to get one going. Keep it on topic please.

Yeah FedEx is sold out every game too. It's no different except with 30,00 extra seats there'll be some empty. People who buy em just to sell em and didn't. The club level people need to get reppin'. That's where all the emptiness is.

If 90,000 at sold out FED EX looks and sounds like that, I'd rather watch 60,000 at RFK anyday.

It just seems like we lost a huge advantage moving out of RFK.

my dad was at the game, said everyone was leaving because of the whupping we were putting on the lions. people have stuff to do, it had already been a great game. i don't think there is much to worry about in terms of attendance

:doh:

As far as attendence goes, I thought it was pretty full looking around from my seat. Maybe they showed the seats at half time, or in the final minutes.

However, the club level wine and cheese crew make me sick to my stomache. MAN UP. They have to run into the air conditioning when it gets too hot. :doh:

Attendance was 88,000+ but it had a lot to do with the heat. It was something like 115 on the field and no air up in the stands. I did take a 20 minute break at half time, is that ok? ;)

Per NFL.com

Dolphins Game 90,163

Giants Game 90,803

Lions Game 88,944

Usually the non division games attendence is lower than the divison games, and opening day is always up there. Every game is sold out per nfl rules, which doesnt include premium seating (ie club, loge , dream and suites) just general admission, 100s , 200s, and 400s. I am sure the heat kept some people away for the lions game.

mostly in the middle section, cause there are flat screens on the inside. which i think they should take out.

I have to admit to being extraordinarily disappointed with actual attendance so far this year.

I hate ragging on Snyder -- but something has to be done about the top two levels. They'd be making more at the stadium every Sunday if the seats were full. More soda, beer, and other concessions sold.

My 2 cents.

You are that guy who sits down the whole time and leaves when we are down by 7 in the forth quarter. I cant stand you guys. I love the HEY YOU SUCK song!!! I was so happy they brought it back this year.

Stay home and watch golf! :dallasuck

Its surprising im trying to get me and a bunch of friends to get in to the games. Especially for the one at the end Dallas im not too sure why the seats arnt full there so hard to fricken get. What is the best way of acquiring tickets?

A bunch of friends? You'd do best just to split up into groups of two or three and scour craigslist, ebay, and stubhub.

I believe the TO fudges the attendence numbers reported to keep the perception of high ticket demand. Call me crazy, but that's just what I believe.

Tickets were available at the TO for walk up patrons to purchase at gametime.

Also, attendence figures are often reported on the number of tickets sold, and not the number of bodies to pass through the turnstiles.

Archived