Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamie Dukes and Lil Dukes says the Smurfs are back in DC

dposton

I was watching Jamie Dukes and Lil Dukes and they said the Smurfs are back in DC, referring to ARE and Santana. If I remember correctly, we won a Super Bowl with the Smurfs. Virgil Seay, Charlie Brown and Alvin Garrett. Monk was injured this year.

The next year they were effective with Monk with them. I believe that ARE, Santana and BLloyd are faster and more accomplished than the original Smurfs. If they would all step up, we might be able to go to another Super Bowl. This was when Riggins put the team on his back.

I think our current SMURFS can outplay the original SMURFS. I say someone needs to rattle Gibbs' memory and have him put in the same plays. This was prior to Monk, Clark and Sanders. So, we can do it. Can't we? What do you think?

Hopefully Caldwell can fill the void.

Actually, I'm hoping that McCardell could fill that "Monk-esque" role for us. He's a great route runner, has the height, and has great hands. I'm glad we brought him in. I hope he contributes as a nickel receiver. That would be huge to have him for a red zone threat.

Believe me, if B.Lloyd could play like Charlie Brown, I'd be :laugh: at Dallas by now.

...and you would have a bunch of followers with you. We certainly have the receivers, but they're not playing to their potential...and that's a shame. All this talent on this team; particularly, the Offense, and we're playing like we're a below average team.

Actually, I'm hoping that McCardell could fill that "Monk-esque" role for us. He's a great route runner, has the height, and has great hands. I'm glad we brought him in. I hope he contributes as a nickel receiver. That would be huge to have him for a red zone threat.

i've got my fingers crossed.... but i doubt that

ARE- is so far having the best season of his career.

Moss- is having a solid year

Lloyd- 0, nada

Hopefully Caldwell can fill the void.

I agree ARe is much improved from last year. Moss has too many drops (not what I call a solid year). And well, Lloyd is in Gibbs' doghouse, not sure who to blame there.

I think they need to prove themselves a little better before we start comparing them to the Smurfs of old. These guys are just good enough so far to not get cut. That doesn't cut it in my book. That being said, they certainly have the potential to be great. They just need to consistently play up to that level.

Mistakes not withstanding, Santana is a legit #1. I've said before, and I'll say it again. He's a mix between Sanders and Clark. Has Sanders speed, (probably faster), and a lot of Clarks toughness. He's a threat every time he lines up. ARE, still has some work to do in the sense that he has to continue to do what he's been doing,( I have no doubt he can do that), but right now he's a legit receiver and a solid #2,(in the way of the next most threatening receiver on the team). And we're not even talking about Cooley here.

Mistakes not withstanding, Santana is a legit #1. I've said before, and I'll say it again. He's a mix between Sanders and Clark. Has Sanders speed, (probably faster), and a lot of Clarks toughness. He's a threat every time he lines up. ARE, still has some work to do in the sense that he has to continue to do what he's been doing,( I have no doubt he can do that), but right now he's a legit receiver and a solid #2,(in the way of the next most threatening receiver on the team). And we're not even talking about Cooley here.

I would agree on Moss but his entire career less 2 seasons is littered with injuries.

ARE has essentially put up one big game this year, and the one big game he was fortunate to get a lucky hail mary bounce.

We waste Moss legitimacy as a number 1 by not having a legitimate number 2 to keep him from being double/tripled covered.

Hopefully ARE becomes a legitimate 2.

I would agree on Moss but his entire career less 2 seasons is littered with injuries.

ARE has essentially put up one big game this year, and the one big game he was fortunate to get a lucky hail mary bounce.

We waste Moss legitimacy as a number 1 by not having a legitimate number 2 to keep him from being double/tripled covered.

Hopefully ARE becomes a legitimate 2.

Which still doesn't make Moss a legit # 1 when he's out there. ARE doesn't need a big game, (and I find that a bit of a cherry pick on the hail mary thing), to be a legit #2. He simply has to have solid games and be there when teams are doubling up Moss. Pick up a few of those yards and make a few of those catches that Moss would make. When DC's of other teams go to face the Redskins, odds are that those teams are having to look at ARE as well. Right now, I believe ARE fills that role. As teams start to pay more attention to him, we'll see just how good he is in that role. Right now though, he's doing well imho.

Which still doesn't make Moss a legit # 1 when he's out there. ARE doesn't need a big game, (and I find that a bit of a cherry pick on the hail mary thing), to be a legit #2. He simply has to have solid games and be there when teams are doubling up Moss. Pick up a few of those yards and make a few of those catches that Moss would make. When DC's of other teams go to face the Redskins, odds are that those teams are having to look at ARE as well. Right now, I believe ARE fills that role. As teams start to pay more attention to him, we'll see just how good he is in that role. Right now though, he's doing well imho.

Not disagreeing with you. The only thing keeping moss from being talked about more are injuries.

If ARE proves to be a legit #2 and breaks up the coverage, Moss can really tear up the league. So far ARE is getting the kind of attention that makes teams worry about covering him...which makes him legit number 2 to this point...I hope it continues!

I was watching Jamie Dukes and Lil Dukes and they said the Smurfs are back in DC, referring to ARE and Santana. If I remember correctly, we won a Super Bowl with the Smurfs. Virgil Seay, Charlie Brown and Alvin Garrett. Monk was injured this year.

The next year they were effective with Monk with them. I believe that ARE, Santana and BLloyd are faster and more accomplished than the original Smurfs. If they would all step up, we might be able to go to another Super Bowl. This was when Riggins put the team on his back.

I think our current SMURFS can outplay the original SMURFS. I say someone needs to rattle Gibbs' memory and have him put in the same plays. This was prior to Monk, Clark and Sanders. So, we can do it. Can't we? What do you think?

No, these smurfs are not the same.

BLloyd is fast, he went straight from starting to the bench in no time.

They are far from being accomplished as the original smurfs and still have plenty to prove. Santana is a great player when healthy, speed kills and he has a lot of it...combined with a great feel for adjusting to the ball in the air. His hands have let him down a bit this season, and the injury bug strikes again.

ARE has played much better this season at the WR position, making himself a more reliable option and bonafide WR and not just a dynamic "slash" kind of player. Also available for those gadget options. Has been Campbell's go to receiver it seems...though I think Moss has more catches, (not sure of that) Hard to make that arguement I guess..but at any rate he looks for ARE more now, where as Brunell pretty much locked on Santana and that's it.

The rest: Lloyd, McCardell, Caldwell, Thrash, etc Eh. I'd be pleasantly surprised if any of them stepped up and did anything.

Thrash doesn't have the speed or seperation anymore..a good special teamer, that's about it.

Lloyd, huge dissapointment.

Caldwell was dropping stuff left and right in the playoffs last season, borderline bum, he had Tom Brady and not many other WR options when he put up those numbers. Deceiving I say.

McCardell is well....OLD. may be an ok possession guy, hopefully he has someting left to contribute this season.

Archived