Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better late than never, Karma thread: Lions Style!

Teller

I have no idea, but I won't kill the car industry...

I like Detroit because if you drink the water out of Lake Michigan you'll go to the hospital

I like Detroit because it's not New York and you don't hear about the Yankees every 8 seconds

I think the Lions are great because their offense is pretty and I'm pretty sure Jon Kitna shaves his head every day and it's shiny.

I like Detroit because they have a basketball team that knows how to play decent defense (unlike the Suns).

I like Detroit because I am batting 1,000 with the three hot chicks I've met from there.

I like Detroit because their football team is the whipping post of my favorite team.

I like Detroit because it's a great sports-town. The Tigers, the Redwings, the Pistons, and the Lions are all long-standing, well-supported sports franchises.

Michigan's college teams are great too --just a few mentions like Bo Schembechler and the Wolverines, Magic Johnson and the Spartans, and you know theyve got a great collegiate history in all areas of sports.

It's a beautiful state -- and anyone who has been to Traverse City or Silver Lake could tell you that. And as for the Great Lakes, it's the strangest thing to wade into what looks like the ocean and then realize you're not in salt water! Offering great outdoor sports, --canoeing, snowmobiling, camping -- this truly is a beautifule peninsula. And then there's the Motown beat... and all the trapping of the Motor City!

NFL historians have acknowledged that the Lions have brought us great players, like Barry Sanders, Charlie Sanders, Dick "Night-Train" Lane, Lem Barney, Alex Karras (remember "Blazing Saddles?"). And the Lions have had a lot of other good players who honor their tradition of hard-nose, blue collar football. It's a proud franchise with a long history.

Dang Wyvern...That may have been the best "real" post in a karma thread, ever. Good stuff. :cheers:

And you're right, Silver Lake is a beautiful place. The water is like glass (great for skiing) and then it's a four-wheeler ride over the dunes to Lake Michigan. Very cool place.

Archived