Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what??? no "maybe we should try to get Ricky Williams thread" yet?

stoshuaj

not until you came with the thread. we dont need ricky williams and his problems, plus hes not young anymore, portis is younger and so is betts. We are FINE at the RB position. and the next back we get should be out of the draft, maybe a prospect that would of been a top 5 pick if it wasnt for something stupid to make him drop into the mid rounds. I honestly think we should continue to find prototypes like portis when portis finally retires. I love the thrash, and cut back but portis is also a beast in everything he does. He will be hard to replace but I think we should go after backs like peterson, and lynch and portis like.

We dont need a Huge back unless we can aquire a really decent Big back like jacobs to compliment the fast,thrashing,cut back rb.

I love portis and he doesnt get enough credit for the complete back he is, and he will be hard to replace. It really hurts me to see fellow skin fans saying portis isnt Elite anymore. I mean give me a break. That's like saying is peyton manning got hurt one year and still put up decent TD number but not like him usual self just for that one year, but people come out and say hes not the Elite QB he used to be. and its just dumb. There is 32 year old backs in this league that have taking a bigger beating than portis for longer and Still continue to produce. IT's all hype, dont fall victim to it.

Portis is a monster and we could never get anything in trade for what he is really worth because of all the negative stuff certain people are saying because they actually don't know any better. I can't stand to see people on ESPN who are pencil necks and nerds and have never played ANY damn sport in their life and they want to act like they know more than the pros and the people who know better? Give me a break, i cant stand it.

Just like the people who said Favre was done.. please, eat crow now.

the same will happen with portis.

If for some reason we were dumb enough to get rid of him anytime soon he will blw up again somewhere else. He needs to retire in burgandy and gold.

Him and Sean Taylor and Cooley are 3 special players that don't come along very often, and im really glad to say they are on my team. Even if they werent on my team i would still be envious that they weren't cus its not my bias i just think everyone knows they are that good.

I'd take Ricky and use him for a trade on draft day. Let him get some playing time and tell everyone how much he has changed his ways just to up his trade value.

no one is going to want him, besides another team that really needs a back will get him before we would. I think it would be stupid to get him anyways, i think it should be left alone but if u were to get him for a 6th or 7th rounder, then yeah, I'd do exactly what you said, I'd use him as bait for more picks. give me a 3rd and 4th this year or a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. ( then we can maybe luck out and get some good prospects in the supplemental draft and get a player with top 5 talent but maybe just needs a change of enviroment or something like Paul Oliver from georgia or Gaither who the ravens picked up for their O-line. That'd be sweet because we wouldnt have to use any of our picks on a good player but we got great value becuase we got a player from the supplemental draft. then we will still have all ours for the following year!

Archived