Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Life In Redskins Years

LoyalSkinsFan

The years go by too quickly.

Redskin years, unlike dog years, don't pass in groups of seven, but rather just one at a time. They don't go any more slowly than regular years yet somehow soften the blow.

Today, you see, is my birthday.

I've left my Larry Brown (43) year behind and am now entered into my John Riggins year (44). A year from now, I'll be entering my Mike Sellars year (45).

A few years from now I'll be in my linebacker decade (50's).....then on to the offensive linemen (60's)...followed by the defensive linemen (70's). I'm hoping to be around long enough to enjoy Redskin games and seasons well into my wide receiver years......and maybe, if I'm lucky enough, I'll hang on just long enough to catch a game with Andre Carter.

Here's hoping......

It's been a long, sometimes bumpy, but mostly fulfilling road so far that the Redskins and I have traveled together these many years. I can't wait to see where 2007 and beyond leads us.

Have faith, my brethren.

It can be worth the wait.

I've been there.

HTTR

PS:

Oh, and a quick shout to Charley Taylor, who's birthday is also today. 42 was a really good year, as I recall.

Happy Birthday my man. I have too reached my Mike Cellars year. My first great year was my Sean Taylor year where we won our first Super Bowl. I can remember it like it was yesterday. But My Carlos Rodgers year was not as great, losing to the Raiders in Tampa.

I can say though, it has been a great life being A Washington Redskins Fanatic

The years go by too quickly.

Redskin years, unlike dog years, don't pass in groups of seven, but rather just one at a time. They don't go any more slowly than regular years yet somehow soften the blow.

Today, you see, is my birthday.

I've left my Larry Brown (43) year behind and am now entered into my John Riggins year (44). A year from now, I'll be entering my Mike Sellars year (45).

A few years from now I'll be in my linebacker decade (50's).....then on to the offensive linemen (60's)...followed by the defensive linemen (70's). I'm hoping to be around long enough to enjoy Redskin games and seasons well into my wide receiver years......and maybe, if I'm lucky enough, I'll hang on just long enough to catch a game with Andre Carter.

Here's hoping......

It's been a long, sometimes bumpy, but mostly fulfilling road so far that the Redskins and I have traveled together these many years. I can't wait to see where 2007 and beyond leads us.

Have faith, my brethren.

It can be worth the wait.

I've been there.

HTTR

PS:

Oh, and a quick shout to Charley Taylor, who's birthday is also today. 42 was a really good year, as I recall.

Today is mine also, so happy b day to you. I am 46 years old and a skins fan for 39 of them. We have definately had some hard times lately as fans but there have been so many great ones mixed in there for all of us old farts.

The league is set up so that all teams go thru there ups and downs and I believe we ours ups are coming. Hopefully by next years B day we will be considered a SB contender instead of a below average team by all of the talking heads. We are headed in that direction I believe.

Again have a great day and GO SKINS......................

Archived