Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

N.Y. defense feels rejuvenated

Eagle091

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20070924_Ashley_Fox____N_Y__defense_feels_rejuvenated.html

I'd say the giants got a bit lucky. if the skins mount any amount of offense in the 2nd half, the game is over.

On the Redskins' first three possessions of the second half, the Giants did not allow a first down. That's three straight three-and-outs. The first time Washington moved the chains came with less than five minutes to go in the game, and the Giants ahead by 24-17.

By that time, the Giants had all sorts of confidence, and momentum, and it showed in the last minute of the game.

After a 20-yard completion from Jason Campbell to Antwaan Randle El took the Redskins to the New York 1-yard line, Campbell spiked the ball. The Skins had three shots and 51 seconds to force overtime.

First, Campbell misfired on a pass to Mike Sellers. Then, the Giants stuffed Betts for no gain. Then, on the next play, the Giants dropped Betts for a 2-yard loss. Game over.

"We are toughening up, and we definitely play hard," Coughlin said afterward. "We rose up on the goal line and were able to make a couple of plays there at the end."

I can't deny that tom, but it seemed like the skins got away from what was working in the first half. seemed like bad play calling by the coaches.

And eli fumble and interception didn't help the skins offense score ten of those seventeen points? The defense was good all game, but Gibbs wasn't testing downfield and campbell wasn't utilizing receivers much. The giants offense gave the skins offense at the very least (say the defense held them to field goals) six points.

']Maybe the Giants' defense had a little to do with them not mounting an offense.

We gave the game to you plain and simple, any retard could have seen that. If we had coaches that decided to grow some balls and decide to go for the kill instead of sitting on a lead your team would have gone home with their heads up their a#$##.

We gave the game to you plain and simple, any retard could have seen that. If we had coaches that decided to grow some balls and decide to go for the kill instead of sitting on a lead your team would have gone home with their heads up their a#$##.

Don't call one of the longest tenured posters here a retard. Or anyone else for that matter.

The thing that kills me is how Betts didn't score in 3rd down and goal. All he had to do is make one guy miss (K Mitchell) and Mitchell made a great play. 4th down was doomed at the snap, but that third down gets me.

Don't call one of the longest tenured posters here a retard. Or anyone else for that matter.

The thing that kills me is how Betts didn't score in 3rd down and goal. All he had to do is make one guy miss (K Mitchell) and Mitchell made a great play. 4th down was doomed at the snap, but that third down gets me.

I don't know why you guys didn't have portis in. Portis looked good all day and has a nose for the endzone. Also in the second half it seemed you guys got away from those big sweeps and instead tried the inside stuff more. The giants d played good all day but there were things that Campbell and your play callers could of exploited more. I was impressed with campbell but the handcuffs need to be taken off, more shotgun, more spread sets, more deep passes.

Little suggestion. Lighten up just a little. And don't try to beat the language filters. They're there for a reason and you already know all about those rules and such.

Archived