Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To: People Who Want Saunders Fired

Jino

Ok, I slept on it and I still think Saunders' offense is a sham.

If he can't duplicate the success here in his second year that he enjoyed at St Louis and KC (and statistically we are not even close) then I see absolutely no reason to call this schmoe an offensive mastermind. Good coaches can make their scheme work anywhere.

Stop sheltering JC. Stop handcuffing the offense. Don't wait until the season is lost to let it rip.

Zero improvement from Game #1 to Game #3, and the O-line injuries are no excuse.

He has made it work in many places, even before St. Louis. This is the only stop he has had that it isn't running so well. Why do you think that might be???

Saunders? This was very typical Joe Gibbs football. He believes this team is going to win hard fought close games. He believes that's our personality.

But in reality, once again, the redskins came out at halftime leading by 14 points and thought they could just sit on that lead. The result is the same.

They went into the locker room at the half smiling, but then they came out and went to sleep and woke up at the end of the game having their worst nightmare.

So what have we learned here?

We have learned that we still haven't learned that sitting on the lead is a recipe for disaster. And we have learned that we are still not learning from our mistakes in the past. It's the same old story. Same as it ever was.

Can you explain how you know he is better?

What you have seen that the coaches have not seen...I guess in practice or in games?

Would you explain that for me?

Thanks

Well, he was good enough to take them down to the 2 yd line yet they take the ball out of his hands when he gets the team there because they're afraid he'll lose the game.

You'll have to admit, the coaching staff is sending their QB mixed signals.

If it was up to Saunders last night, he would of stuck with the game plan in the first half, but Gibbs wanted to sit on the lead, and it bit us in the ass. I bet he won't do that anymore. Also we can't put all of the blame on the coaching staff. There were dropped balls, JC did overthrow his receivers on occasion. Defense I think got too ****y and gave up too many yards in the second half. Why would people want to get Saunders fired. It's a TEAM effort.

.... The defense was just as big a reason for our loss..

The defense was the only reason WE WERE IN THE GAME!! They were responsible for 10 of the Skins' first half points. And look at the Special Teams, ala Rock.... they gave the Skins the ball almost to mid-field twice in the second half. Let's call it like it is, THE GIANTS SHUT DOWN Saunder's offense completely in the second half. JC could not get untracked at all in the second half. The Giants knew EXACTLY what the Skins wanted to do in the second half... and they stopped it all.... except when JC was basically executing the stuff he wanted to. They have to give Jason the KEYS.... if not, bring in someone else and give him the KEYS.

The defense was the only reason WE WERE IN THE GAME!! They were responsible for 10 of the Skins' first half points. And look at the Special Teams, ala Rock.... they gave the Skins the ball almost to mid-field twice in the second half. Let's call it like it is, THE GIANTS SHUT DOWN Saunder's offense completely in the second half. JC could not get untracked at all in the second half. The Giants knew EXACTLY what the Skins wanted to do in the second half... and they stopped it all.... except when JC was basically executing the stuff he wanted to. They have to give Jason the KEYS.... if not, bring in someone else and give him the KEYS.

These are all facts. The defense was responsible for 10 points in the first half. I also think we got away from our 1st half game plan. We thought the Giants was going to lay down and just give up. But you have to shut the coffin and bang the nails in, so they don't come up. That's how you finish off a team.

How well have we done under him? Gibbs is a good coach and him a Saunders are conflicting. We do not need Saunder, the skins are about power runing and that is not Saunders style, he likes the little trick plays that are all cute and fun, screw that. In 05 when Gibbs was calling all the plays we did fine. Guys watch the last few plays of the game, they were so bad i cant express them in words. What the hell was the little roll out for? And why was CP not it? Spike the ball. Run with CP. ( if not TD then) run with Sellers ( if not TD then) run with cp. We were on the ONE yard line, why are we handing it to Betts hes OUR BACK UP, and from what i saw CP was not hurt.

In closing, some of this is a reactionary thread but can you realy blame me, it was a gutless end to a game. This was not the D's falt, they were worn down. This was a miss-managment of a game. CP should ALWAYS get the ball inside the 20, he has a nose of the Endzone, there is no reason should be on the field. That was the worst play calling i have ever seen. And no give to Sellers what was that about?

No. It's time for Gibbs to let Saunders take complete control of the O.

Campbell has all the talent in the world to make the passes. But if Gibbs sticks to his run, run, pass, punt routine when we get a lead, then we won't get anywhere.

In the 4th when we were driving, and HAD to pass, Campbell made all the throws. Why didn't we do that in the 3rd to put the Giants away??? B/c Gibbs was calling his conservative shots again. We should have blown the Giants out if we played hard all game instead of trying to sit on the lead like Gibbs always does.

I'd say it's time to let Saunders run his offense, or we find someone else who runs more of the "smashmouth" we like. Gibbs is an offensive genius, but his skill and knowledge was good for the 80's, not now. Actually, I don't think today's genius coaches would do very well back in the 80's, either.

Let our Asst. Head Coach Offense RUN HIS OFFENSE, or find somebody else who can be allowed to.

Portis should absolutely have been in the game there at the end. That being said, I'm curious what your solution would be. If you really hate Saunders this badly, then what would you suggest? I think firing him now, if that's what needs to be done, is an awful idea. This would only create turmoil within the team.

No. It's time for Gibbs to let Saunders take complete control of the O.

Campbell has all the talent in the world to make the passes. But if Gibbs sticks to his run, run, pass, punt routine when we get a lead, then we won't get anywhere.

In the 4th when we were driving, and HAD to pass, Campbell made all the throws. Why didn't we do that in the 3rd to put the Giants away??? B/c Gibbs was calling his conservative shots again. We should have blown the Giants out if we played hard all game instead of trying to sit on the lead like Gibbs always does.

Point is well taken, im going to change the thread title. All im saying is the O needs to me fixed and i think giveing it completly to Saunders is not a bad idea ( sence we have never tried it) but when Gibbs was calling all the plays (05) we looked good.

My thread title was missleading, somthing needs to be done with the O. I am think fireing saunders will work, but i am open to keeping him and letting him call ALL the plays. All i know is, haveing to diffrent minds calling plays is not working, and my god why was CP not in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

My thread title was missleading, somthing needs to be done with the O. I am think fireing saunders will work, but i am open to keeping him and letting him call ALL the plays. All i know is, haveing to diffrent minds calling plays is not working, and my god why was CP not in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that if this nonsense continues, and Gibbs still can not see the light through the darkness, he needs to step down and go back to nascar. He's tripping over himself, and it's taking the entire team down with him. Jerry Glanville was right about one thing, the NFL stands for:

Not for long.

Archived