Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys might be the best team in the NFC

Killerbo

I know it's hard to admit, but the Cowboys look head over heals better than anybody in our division and are probably the best in the NFC. They've taken apart the best defense in the conference in their home in a National Televised game. That tells me a lot.

Well, what it does tell me is Chicago's offense stinks. Chicago had their opportunities, but even the best defense wears down if they don't get any support from the offense. I mean, 4 turnovers?

Even so, the Cowboys have made a strong statement. But, we have taken care of teams like that in the past (thinking about New Orleans, who looked unstoppable until we played them.)

It is a long season, and a lot can happen.

Jason

Well lets look at the Giants/Cowboys game.....The Giants scored on the Cowboys at will, they just couldn't stop the Cowboys. The Giants have more weapons then the Bears, and most importantly, The bears start Rex Man-Gross at QB, who is always good for a turnover or two to help the opponent. We go out and beat an Eagles team that can't even score a TD on our defense, and then they go out and put up 56 points on the scoreboard this week. Yeah, it was the Lions, but 56 freakin' points.....I just have a feeling that the NFC East is more of a gray area then people think. It is Week 3, so of course the team that is 3-0 will get all the glory, and deservedly so, but September and and December are like two completely different seasons sometimes.

I think one of the differences though in our defense and Dallas's defense which I tried to explain in a threadd in the stadium forum(in which I got railed on for) was that while our defense may be ranked higher and give up less yards(not even sure if THAT is the case) the Dallas defense seems to answer the call when the game is on the line.

Lets take tonight as an example. The Cowboys are up 17-10 and the Bears are trying to score to tie the game.....The Cowboys defense goes out and creates a turnover and gets the ball back, and almost on every ensuing Bears drive, get an INT or do something to change the game(Of course lining up against Rex Man-Gross helps the Cowboys immensely)

Same situation for the Skins Defense, and we let Eli Manning throw the ball all over the field on 3rd down. Sure, we plugged the hole at the line of scrimmage on 1st and 2nd down, but what good is that if on every 3rd and long, the secondary can't cover the WRs/TEs?

As much as it pains me to say this, good offense , average defense and putting an ass whooping against the Bears and that defense.....Tony Romo sits to pee as much as I hate the Cowboys will probably and should make the probowl this year

(Disclaimer: I am aware it's just week 3 but you got to admit this team looks good)

Hard to argue otherwise, as much as I'd like to lol :laugh:...

I think one of the differences though in our defense and Dallas's defense which I tried to explain in a threadd in the stadium forum(in which I got railed on for) was that while our defense may be ranked higher and give up less yards(not even sure if THAT is the case) the Dallas defense seems to answer the call when the game is on the line.

Lets take tonight as an example. The Cowboys are up 17-10 and the Bears are trying to score to tie the game.....The Cowboys defense goes out and creates a turnover and gets the ball back, and almost on every ensuing Bears drive, get an INT or do something to change the game(Of course lining up against Rex Man-Gross helps the Cowboys immensely)

Same situation for the Skins Defense, and we let Eli Manning throw the ball all over the field on 3rd down. Sure, we plugged the hole at the line of scrimmage on 1st and 2nd down, but what good is that if on every 3rd and long, the secondary can't cover the WRs/TEs?

That was our defense for only two quarters, though...the other 10 quarters so far this year our defense was the best in the NFL at stopping 3rd down conversions. I chalked it up more to the offense blowing so badly in the 2nd half that they mustered a whopping 13 yards until halfway thru the 4th...it kept our defense in the field and they wore out.

As of week 3 they look very good

But hey, they got Wade Phillips as head coach and have choked away the last few seasons where they got off to a hot start

Come talk to me in week 12 about them

You have A "Offensive Genious", A "Defensive Savant" and A legendary HOF'er...and together couldn't defeat the 23rd ranked defense in the NFL...AT HOME.....I will take Wade and Jason Garrett at this point...

barber1_091607_360.jpg

HERE MY TRAIN A COMIN'

I have to say, they look awfully impressive. No arguments from me, they're clearly the class of the NFC right now. I think when all is said and done, they're still going to have to battle us and the Eagles neck and neck for the division. We will bounce back and Campbell will continue to improve (that is, assuming Gibbs ever trusts him enough to give him a ****ing chance) and the Eagles are not going to go quietly. The Eagles always start slow anyways but if McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy, they're as dangerous as anyone in the NFC. Their D looks back up to par, too. It's going to be a really interesting year in the NFCE. All 4 teams have plenty of talent but also have visible flaws. I think it's going to be real late in the season before anything really starts to take shape.

You have A "Offensive Genious", A "Defensive Savant" and A legendary HOF'er...and together couldn't defeat the 23rd ranked defense in the NFL...AT HOME.....I will take Wade and Jason Garrett at this point...

barber1_091607_360.jpg

HERE MY TRAIN A COMIN'

Im amazed you are still here.

Couple of important notes here. I love BP but this is the type of game that we NEVER won with him. We always folded in NFC showdowns. JASON GARRETT is the MVP of the Dallas Cowboys so far hands down. He is scheming to free T.O., going for it on 4th down, instilling confidence in his team, going for the juggular etc. etc..... I've said all offseason that Parcell's, as great as he is/was, simply was not the right guy anymore. I know it's early but I see major differences from this Cowboy team.

As far as who the best team in the NFC? Green Bay or Dallas right now. Beating SD is no easy task. Neither is Chicago on the road. So much football left.

They may be the best team in the NFC but then again I haven't seen Green Bay which could make an argument to be at the top. The defense still concerns me. A good (not even great) qb can have good success passing on this backfield if they continue to play off the ball so much. Henry may lead the league in Int. but he isn't a top tier CB. If Newman can come back and play full time this should allow them to not play 8 yds off the receivers most of the time.

If the O-line continues to protect as well as they have, I expect the offense continue to be successful.

Archived