Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have a pic of the throwback's

bert07

I"m so tired of this throwback stuff. Before Gibbs came the skins always wore burgundy home jerseys, and the guy who wrote the encyclopedia of the skins seems not be aware of the white and gold feather up the back of the helmet in the fifties, when I first started watching the skins. Bring back the feather and the burgundy home jerseys, especially if you are doing a "throwback" uni. I loved Lombardi and loved his coaching the skins and what he reportedly said about Sonny "if we'd had him in Green Bay, we'd have never lost a game, but I really hate the yellow hats and the R it's clearly a Green Bay knockoff. Sorry about the rant, I guess I'm old and grouchy, but I sure like 2 and O.

Man, I'm sorry. I love my Redskins and I hope this is a one game deal. Cause they are FUGLY!!!!

I do kind of agree. Kind of neat to see once in awhile, but I love the George Allen creation best of all. Why can't we make these our permanent unis? George Allen gave us some awesome unis and then Jack Pardee took them away which is something I can't figure out since Pardee played in the old Allen unis.

918c_1.JPG

aed3_1.JPG

KilmerBilly_0002.jpg=600

KilmerBill_0002.jpg

I"m so tired of this throwback stuff. Before Gibbs came the skins always wore burgundy home jerseys, and the guy who wrote the encyclopedia of the skins seems not be aware of the white and gold feather up the back of the helmet in the fifties, when I first started watching the skins. Bring back the feather and the burgundy home jerseys, especially if you are doing a "throwback" uni. I loved Lombardi and loved his coaching the skins and what he reportedly said about Sonny "if we'd had him in Green Bay, we'd have never lost a game, but I really hate the yellow hats and the R it's clearly a Green Bay knockoff. Sorry about the rant, I guess I'm old and grouchy, but I sure like 2 and O.

Well, for me, not having the benefit of your elderliness, the yellow helmet is a throwback. I have never watched a Redskins team that did not wear the burgundy helmet (indian logo), so this is a bit of a treat for me. I do, however, remember the yellow pants. Man, those instill the fear of God in opponents!

Hail to the Redskins...no matter what uniform they wear.

Archived