Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon on McNabb

TheTotalPackage

Glad you brought grossman up.

Now, would grossman still be the starting qb and have the job security he does if he were black and putting up those kinds of performances? I would say not.

Simply put, the leash is longer.

I think thats pretty insane man. Was Ryan Leafs leash long? Patrick Ramsey? Kyle Orton, who WON games?

It has nothing to do with black or white. Grossman took his team to the Superbowl. Period. Thats why he wasnt yanked, not because the color of his skin.

Anyone who thinks otherwise seriously is delusional.

How many years did Aaron Brooks get a chance to consistently lose before he was given up on? He was a starting QB for years, then could barely crack a roster, just like that. Where was his "short leash?" I would say he is one of the longest tenured flat out terrible QB's in the last 15 years, and hes black.

It has nothing to do with the color of ones skin, its all about the circumstances.

Glad you brought grossman up.

Now, would grossman still be the starting qb and have the job security he does if he were black and putting up those kinds of performances? I would say not.

Simply put, the leash is longer.

Did you ever actually watch Tony Banks play? As strange as it is to say, Grossman is their best option. If Grossman were doing the same thing and were black, he'd still be out there until they could find another option.

There will ALWAYS be people that are racist. He is speaking about sterotypes...

But here's the irony...by him "sterotying" saying that black QBs in general are held to higher standards, etc. HE HIMSELF is generalizing...

NOT ALL people will hold him to that standard...just a few jerks with loud mouths or a few radio guys with a big forum...

He is guilty of doing what he accuses others of doing.

take notice that in the article Wilbon describes what the philly fan base is describing him, not the media, not the nation. Philly Qbs are under more pressure/scrutiny not black qbs.

I was thinking the same thing.

Wilbon has finally written something that my personal expeirence can not agree with.

Oh, to all you guys who are defending Rush Limbaugh's racist comment about Donovan McNabb, please continue to do so. You're just showing your true colors by doing so. I don't trust Republicans, period. The reason Southerners switched from democrat to republican was because a Southern democrat president decided to end segregation.

No, it shows that you misunderstood what he was saying. And the fact that you are admittedly biased against republicans tells me you probably were listening to him with the intent of finding something wrong with what he was saying. You probably didn't take the time to listen to, then digest and consider, exactly what he was saying because you were in a hurry to find something to have a knee-jerk reaction over.

Also, you are showing your true colors by stating "I don't trust republicans, period." That is being stereotypical, because you are lumping all republicans into the preconceived notion you have formed based upon what some of them may or may not have done.

There will ALWAYS be people that are racist. He is speaking about sterotypes...

But here's the irony...by him "sterotying" saying that black QBs in general are held to higher standards, etc. HE HIMSELF is generalizing...

NOT ALL people will hold him to that standard...just a few jerks with loud mouths or a few radio guys with a big forum...

He is guilty of doing what he accuses others of doing.

Right.

And he says that Mc Nabb is called ****** by fans when he does bad. As if WHITE people are the only racists. Black people in Chicago don't call Grossman names. He just knows this as fact somehow. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And if it's the sports media that he's talking about then he's wrong there too. Most of the guys on TV are former players who are black. Would they be more racially biased against McNabb than Grossman? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL, the race card is such a weasly cop out. Underperforming, losing QBs are under more scrutany than QBs who get the job done. I'm not buying your excuses McNabb, and your degenerate fan base sure as hell isn't. So you go cry to the national media about whitey holding the brothers down. Like that will help your weak game. Sure. Why not. Get Rev. Al involved. Or maybe you should just grow a pair Donny.

im surprised wilbon wrote that too, he doesnt seem like the type to try and bring race into things.

Maybe it is because you are young, but Wilbon ALWAYS brings race into things. Back in the 90s, it was almost guaranteed that Wilbon would write about the plight of the black QB at least once a year. He writes about the lack of black coaches in most sports all the time. To be honest, I expected this opinion from him.

Problem is, he's pretty much wrong in this case. I don't think the reaction to McNabb is any different than in any other town where the fans don't respect what the QB does anymore. I mean, if one could use a racial slur to insult Brunell last year, I'm sure plenty of fans would have gone that direction, sad as it is.

As for Rex Grossman, I give the counterexample of Quincy Carter, who gave Dallas three years of mediocre play. It is a bit early to say the same of Tavaris Jackson, but he could be the next one.

Also, I'm sure Michael Vick will get another chance if he ever gets reinstated, because talented players almost always get another chance, no matter how badly they have screwed up.

Jason

I think Mr McNabb needs to re-examine the laws of proportion and not the social effects of race.

100 Million=High expectation.

I think he is concentrating on the wrong color...not black..Green, when they give you that much...green...they have high expectations..its that simple.

Fans are going to be upset and they are going to have high expectations..not because of the color black..but the color green.

I think Mr McNabb needs to re-examine the laws of proportion and not the social effects of race.

100 Million=High expectation.

I think he is concentrating on the wrong color...not black..Green, when they give you that much...green...they have high expectations..its that simple.

Fans are going to be upset and they are going to have high expectations..not because of the color black..but the color green.

I don't think McNabb really believes his statement. By his own admission, his knee is at 85% and most think he may not be fully recovered until next season. By pulling the race card, he knows there are enough imbeciles who will rally to his flag without the brains or ethics to examine the validity of his bogus claim. And there are enough PC sportswriters who will lay off him so they don't risk the same fate as Rash Limburger. I used to respect McNabb. Not so much anymore.

this pretty much sums it up. i think most of the ones who are saying that mcnabb is wrong, stupid etc, should re-evaluate their comments after reading this.

If Wilborn was white, then maybe I would have read the whole thing. But, this "writer" is obviously biased. I saw where he calls Young and Campbell naive when they said they haven't been overly criticized. He believes McNabb, but not 2 other starting black QBs. How stupid is that? McNabb is wrong, period, just like most every other black that brings race as a reason for their downfall. Notice McNabb doesn't say this when he's going to a Super Bowl, but when the Eagles are ready to cut him loose. He should be grateful to play a starting QB in the NFL and making millions of dollars. Obviously, he isn't.

I still think he is wrong. He gets all the extra critizism because he is playing in Philly. If he was playing in Washington, he wouldnt have to deal with this. Philly is known as being extremely hard on anyone that plays there. I dont see why people fail to notice this.

Everyone acknoledges this. What people don't seem to acknoledge is that it is harder for a black QB. Because it isn't.

Archived