Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

San Francisco = Worst 2-0 Team in NFL History

zoony

I will be surprised if they win 7 games. I'm predicting 6-10.

Squeeking by the Cardinals and what should have been a loss to the miserable Rams...

I can't believe the media is actually giving them credit. :doh: Mike Nolan is without question the worst coach in the NFL.

My prediction: Pittsburgh wins by 3 Touchdowns or more.

Squeeking by the Cardinals and what should have been a loss to the miserable Rams...

I can't believe the media is actually giving them credit. :doh: Mike Nolan is without question the worst coach in the NFL.

SF and GB are the only two 2-0 teams I really hear talked about at all.

I will never use that phrase after they used it on us a couple years ago.

When we went 2-0 under Spurrier I heard it used... and they were right. :)

However I don't remember a lot of people saying it in 2005. Regardless though, you have to admit SF is a fraud.

I will never use that phrase after they used it on us a couple years ago.

Yeah - we were the worst 3-0 team in history after we eeked out a win against the Seahawks do to a missed Josh Brown field goal. That term brings up bitter memories.

Don't underestimate the Niners, zoon. I don't think they're going to make the playoffs, but the NFC West is looking pretty miserable right now. An 9-7 or 8-8 team could very well win that division. :doh:

I don't think they're going to make the playoffs, but the NFC West is looking pretty miserable right now. An 9-7 or 8-8 team could very well win that division. :doh:

That much is true, and would be the only way the 9ers get over .500. I wish we played in the West :(

SF might not be a great team, but they are a hell of a lot better than they have been for the past few years. Nolan is clearly doing something right there. We are 2-0 also and I wouldn't say we are a top team either. We barely beat a crappy miami team and nearly blew it against an offensively inept philadelphia team. We'll see how it all shakes out in the coming weeks.

SF might not be a great team, but they are a hell of a lot better than they have been for the past few years. Nolan is clearly doing something right there. We are 2-0 also and I wouldn't say we are a top team either. We barely beat a crappy miami team and nearly blew it against an offensively inept philadelphia team. We'll see how it all shakes out in the coming weeks.

:laugh: :laugh:

Actually they are an improved team certainly a team on the rise. I think they have a little reality check this weekend though against the Steelers. This will be the most balanced team the Niners has faced so far in the season.

You have a young quarterback going in to Pittsburgh where it is very hard to win and that defense strap it up kid . I think it's going to be a tough one for you.

Their defense has improved but I do not think they will be able to handle what Pittsburgh is going to throw at them .

As much as I hate to say it cause Mike didn't do so well here at all, but Norval Turner is far worse a head coach. Mike is winning with the talent he has, Norval could coach the Colts and the Pats to 5-11 records.

I think the Niners are a 8-8 or 9-7 team at best. With that said, I don't think you can say at this point that we are any better. It's hard to judge until 6-8 games into the season. At this point, records are based on team quality as well as luck/breaks. Once you get a little futher into the season, the breaks will be a much smaller part of a teams record. The good news for the Skins is we haven't really had any luck.

You also have to look at the division the Niners are in as well. St. Louis is no longer the kings of that division hell they are 0-2 possibly be 0-3 after this weekend. The Seahawks lost to the Cardinals for heaven sakes. I think the Niners is better than you think they are man.

I don't completely disagree, but the fact they they won a late game on opening night, as well as found a way to win a game that was not theirs in the least bit is a very promising characteristic of young team.

the fact is, they won games they had no business winning. I think luck might catch up with them, or they could simply be a team that thrives under pressure.

Archived