Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Demulling is the New OG signed by Skins: Reported by Comcast Sportsnite (merged)

ThePreciating

Well, last year he got Overpaid Player of the Week with the Lions.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2006/11/27/overpaid-player-of-the-week-rick-demulling/

Apparently couldn't crack the starting lineup.

Jason

I have 2 problems with the writer of that article:

1) He works for AOL sports

2) I think he might be the kid we used to stuff in lockers back in grade school :2cents:

the team a player comes from is often not a good indicator of what he can contribute on another club in another system.

the 1991 Super Bowl team found veterans like Jason Buck and Eric Williams on the DL and they both came from teams that didn't have a reputation for outstanding defensive talent.

yet both contributed to a victory for us against the Bills.

Fabini and/or another of the vets we have in backup roles whether DeMulling or Randall Godfrey, etc. may very well step up and be that player 'x' for us in 2007.

the team a player comes from is often not a good indicator of what he can contribute on another club in another system.

the 1991 Super Bowl team found veterans like Jason Buck and Eric Williams on the DL and they both came from teams that didn't have a reputation for outstanding defensive talent.

yet both contributed to a victory for us against the Bills.

Fabini and/or another of the vets we have in backup roles whether DeMulling or Randall Godfrey, etc. may very well step up and be that player 'x' for us in 2007.

very true

one must take into account the texans cut todd wade loose and they had a HORRIBLE O-line at that time.

Kind of lukewarm praise, considering it is coach speak and Dungy didn't even badmouth Vanderjerk on his way out the door. I hope it works out for the Skins.

That's what I thought, too.

It sounded like Dungy stopped one step short of saying, "This guy's nothing special. We're glad we cut him." :laugh:

Kendall, Wade, Fabian, and derMullin are all other team's rejects. It would be nothing short of amazing if the Skins can be carried to the playoffs by these guys.

wade wasnt a reject as much as he was injured. i remember watching some texans games (dunno why i was a huge fan of the texans a while back - second only to the skins) and remember todd wade did a good job holding down the line.

i think if the texans kept T.Wade and built up their O-line, they wouldnt have HALF the problems they would have now.

Also, what is important to Bugel, is versatility. DeMulling has also played center.

that's definitley a big deal, all of our backups on the line can play more than one position with the exception of Heyer (although he plays both tackle positions). Versatility is definitley a huge deal to Gibbs and Buges.

Kendall, Wade, Fabian, and derMullin are all other team's rejects. It would be nothing short of amazing if the Skins can be carried to the playoffs by these guys.

Aren't you familiar with Redskin history? Gibbs 1 was all about other teams "rejects". Heck, George Allen did the same thing. Ever here of the "Over the Hill Gang"? :)

Archived