Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coke or water

fuji869

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, & difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallon of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of

Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8.

It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches

calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising ncrease in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

(Some of these are hard to believe!)

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

I will vouch for numbers 2 and 4. When I was in Europe there were times when i had little to no money on me that i couldnt buy food. Some days I would eat the free breakfast i got at wherever i was staying, which normally was bread and juice, and would live off that for most of the day and only eat a small dinner. for the whole day i would drink water, just keep refilling my water bottle. it was incredible how little food i could survive on and i wasnt even that hungry. this is from a guy who is at least 20lbs overweight and who likes to eat quite a bit.

Originally posted by Romo sits to pee

I will vouch for numbers 2 and 4. When I was in Europe there were times when i had little to no money on me that i couldnt buy food. Some days I would eat the free breakfast i got at wherever i was staying, which normally was bread and juice, and would live off that for most of the day and only eat a small dinner. for the whole day i would drink water, just keep refilling my water bottle. it was incredible how little food i could survive on and i wasnt even that hungry. this is from a guy who is at least 20lbs overweight and who likes to eat quite a bit.

Good story Romo sits to pee. I have hear of stories like that, when I was in the Army Guys that I talked to that went to Ranger School said that the had to go days with only 1 MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) a day. I am assuming they did have their canteen with them because the Army made you down water like there is not tomorrow. That is crazy!

I am also a person who loved to eat.

I have found sodas the easiest thing in the world to give up. I have a 1-liter bottle that I fill from the water cooler at work ... once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I never get the urge for a soda or anything out of the snack machines.

Cool stuff. I have seen some of that before but I use to work for Coke in Oklahoma. The truck engines were never cleaned using coke and the placard on the syrup truck is for the Co2 is carries not the syrup. Anyhoo, I'll take the water, I drink about 4 liters a day. Started it about a year ago and I feel so much better when I have a lot of water during the day. I also dropped about 35 pounds.:D

From www.nutritionnewsfocus.com:

Almost everyone has heard the rule that we need eight 8-ounce glasses (about two liters) of water daily, along with the other part of the rule that beverages containing caffeine or alcohol do not count. It turns out this rule has never been scientifically tested, and there is little evidence to support it.

Diet surveys of thousands of adults suggest that such a large amount of liquid is not needed because these people were healthy and did not consume this much fluid. Likewise, there are dozens of studies that show the precision of the system that regulates water balance. The evidence was summarized in a review published in the American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism in August 2002.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Remember that most foods you eat are loaded with fluid. Uncooked meat is two-thirds water; most fruits are many vegetables are 90 percent water. Some people may need large amounts of fluids, especially those physically active in hot climates. Caffeine and alcohol are diuretics, that is they increase urine production, but much of the water in beverages that contain them does get used by the body.

Yeah, the 8 glasses of water thing is overblown, although water in general is very good for you of course.

To stay hydrated, just look at the color of your pee. The clearer it is, the more likely you're adequately hydrated because that means that there's a higher percentage of water versus nutrients and waste being expelled. If it's bright yellow, unless you're taking multivitamins or something you should drink more water. I'm not joking here BTW.

Coke is harder to quit than coke. Take that whatever way you like. :)

It's an acquired taste, but I drink heavily caffeinated drinks whenever I can.

You can't deny it...Caffeine buzzes are enjoyable without being especially harmful.

Who the hell doesn't enjoy an eradication of fatigue and a little mood lift with no ill-effects? :)

Man a hippie friend of mine e-mailed this to me a while back. I didn't believe all of it but there are some truths to it. Coke will remove sediments like rust dirt grease and oils from a surface so long as you use enough of it and that it doesn't have to sit that long. The ph of coke alone could, and I stress could, dissolve human flesh.

Problem is, once opened and the carbonation is relieved, the PH starts to climb upward getting closer to that of water which is about 7.9 out of the tap.

I run a pool store where we test and analyze peoples pool water to see what chemicals they need. This morning, I tested the ph of our water here in SC and it read 7.9. The can of diet coke read a ph that was well below any range I could actually test. 6 is the lowest I can read.

This afternoon, after the can had been sitting open all day, the coke tested at 6.8. Still somewhat acidic but nowhere near what it may have been in the morning. The acid must be buffered by the carbonation. That is my only conclusion.

Aside from that, funny posts. I am trying my damdest to diet and quit smoking and should be drinking much much more water..............:pint:

Aside from that, funny posts. I am trying my damdest to diet and quit smoking and should be drinking much much more water..............

A good little free site for all. www.fitday.com

Sign up is free, you enter in all your foods for the day and see your calories and all the other good stuff you're body is getting or lacking. Get it out, its free. :)

Blah, Blah Blah. Yeah Coke is very acidic evil stuff. Anybody got any ideas as to the pH of the stomach acid you're pouring that poor coke into ? Answer: a pH of somewhere between 2-4. That would probably dissolve any of the other items mentioned a lot faster than coke would.

However, drinking water is a lot better for you due to a seemingly benign attribute of coke...sugar. LOTS of sugar.

Which brings me to a question that I've been meaning to ask. I have a theory that present day coke has a good bit more sugar than it used to. I've almost stopped drinking what used to be my favorite soft drink because it's just not "the real thing" anymore. It used to have a less sweet taste with more of a burn. Now, it's almost as bad as Pepsi. I asked the folks over at coke and they responded with the predictable corporate drivel that other than the "new coke" fiasco the formula hasn't changed. Sure it hasn't:rolleyes:

Anybody that might have any old cans of coke, please check the calorie/carb. count and let me know. I've been pretty curious about this for a while.

"2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days"

Put it in front of me and it'll be gone in 2 minutes. ( er...medium with mushrooms).. :silly: Though I'll make sure to chase it down with 2 glasses of water. :D

Blah, Blah Blah. Yeah Coke is very acidic evil stuff. Anybody got any ideas as to the pH of the stomach acid you're pouring that poor coke into ? Answer: a pH of somewhere between 2-4. That would probably dissolve any of the other items mentioned a lot faster than coke would.

Stomach acid stays in your stomach, not damaging your esophogus

and 2-4 is very wide range, 4 isn't all that acidic.

True, however coke is even less acidic than stomach acid and it's not in your esophagus that long anyway. I think the original point was that items left in it for relatively long periods of time are either dissolved or cleaned of impurities by the acidic nature of coke.

Archived