Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking a risk?

JLMRacing

Are the Redskins taking a risk at injury with Randle El returning punts?

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s does a great job, but with him being

our #2 receiver now, Should they take that risk?

IMO I think they shouldn’t, why not let James Thrash?

HTTR!! :point2sky

JLMRacing

If you'll notice, ARE almost never takes big hits. He's smart enough to call fair catches when necessary and when he has space he's so elusive that he's usually taken down by someone tripping him up. If you try and deliver a knockout punch against him, chances are you'll miss.

True, but he’s not any good to us if he get’s hurt and can’t play. :2cents:

You could say that about anybody at any position. What is the point of playing football if you are trying to not get injured?

We brought him here because he is a threat in the return game as well as being an up and coming receiver. IMHO he is far superior at returning punts than he is as a WR -- but he is becoming a damn good receiver too.

You could flip your argument and ask "why don't we stop using ARE as a WR so he can be fresh for his punt returns and so he won't get injured." It just doesn't make much sense either way.

It is football...a game of collisions. No need to put a dress on everybody.

I think Lloyd should return punts and kick offs.

Alone. With no blockers. And we'll pay off the punter to only punt it 15 yards, and Lloyd can't call a fair catch.

I'm kidding. I like Lloyd. But Randel El is good at Punts, so we're not taking a huge risk with him. Thats why he's here in the first place.

Me and my friends were making comments that Rock does better on kickoff returns than ARE does on punt returns.

LOL It's probably because you can get a lot more yards on a kickoff return than a punt return bro. Furthermore, what's your definition of "better"? Cause ARE has gotten some good yardage out of some returns that were very well covered and he should have been stuffed immediately.

A few more games? Being outperformed by our other WRs will motivate him. And if it doesn't he can keep the bench warm in January!

He was outperformed by Thrash after he didn't do anything early last year. I don't see that motivation working.

At this point he will be lucky to get thrown to 3 times a game. He better make those 3 catches.

You could say that about anybody at any position. What is the point of playing football if you are trying to not get injured?

We brought him here because he is a threat in the return game as well as being an up and coming receiver. IMHO he is far superior at returning punts than he is as a WR -- but he is becoming a damn good receiver too.

You could flip your argument and ask "why don't we stop using ARE as a WR so he can be fresh for his punt returns and so he won't get injured." It just doesn't make much sense either way.

It is football...a game of collisions. No need to put a dress on everybody.

Good post!!!

• 5 months later...
They are paying him 30M with a huge signing bonus. One of the reasons he was brought here was because of his punt retunring skills.

And they were paying Lloyd a boatload of money to play WR...how often did we see him on the field?

1. He hasn't been that great a PR for us since we got him.

2. As a WR he is more valuable than a PR...get someone else who will hopefully get us more than 8 yards.

I don't know, IMO he has to stop doing the 10 second jig everytime he catches the punt and just freakin run.

I gotta agree with this one. ARE has no probalem dancing with the stars back there when he catches the punt, unfortunately, its more of the mackarena, then a waltz down the field.

I don't know, IMO he has to stop doing the 10 second jig everytime he catches the punt and just freakin run.

Amen...

A slightly bigger PR would get more yards just barrelling into the defenders. Heck...put Sellers back there!

:point2sky

Archived