Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok we won....while were celebrating...(yes another tank johnson thread)

TheTotalPackage

Dallas is about to sign Tank Johnson.

See this pisses me off. We are 2 and 0 and I'm elated. However, we still have to address our issues on the line.

Our interior D-line is doing its job, but that's just it. Its the LBs and DBs that are generating the pressure and making the plays. We could definitely use another elite, disruptive force in the interior to complement Griffin and stuff the run even further.

It pisses me off because he was available all this time, but because of his past history, Gibbs and Co. passed. Now the cowboys are about to capitalize on yet another huge talent that we didn't want (think TO), use him to address one of their glaring weaknesses and get better, and which is a weakness that we could've exploited at that.

We are 2 and 0 but the east is a long way from being won, and we need all the advantages we can get.

I like how gibbs is building us back into contention. But I don't think we should keep sleeping on discarded talent like this...especially when they're young.

I'm glad he's doing that good a job but like you said, he ain't tank. Having tank would be like having 2 cornelius griffins and could force most of the line to commit to blocking the tackles.

Also, what were learning with the oline...u can't have too much quality depth.

Furthermore, were keeping Dallas from getting him if we got him. If we will trade a draft pick for duckett to keep the eagles from getting him and using him against us, what's the harm of signing tank for nothing?

Have you seen Montgomery lately? I'm not saying he's a Tank Johnson but the guy is literally blowing up the line of scrimmage on many plays. I think he has huge upside, and I wouldn't want to put him on the bench for some guy like that.

Going back to this....that is classic joe gibbs type of thinking.

Jerrah is thinking "Tank Johnson's available? Hmm...he is a beast and is still young. He can definitely help us. I'm gonna give him the vet, a clean slate and stick him on the line."

Y'know I thought about it and its not too late. If I was the skins GM (and yes I know we don't have one) and wanted him, I would call tank's agent and say "ill give you the same salary the pukes are offering....but if you sign with us, you actually will get to play your old team and pay them back" (dal plays the bears next week but skins play them after nov 4...which is when tanks suspension is lifted)

He'd jump at that chance, plus it'll give the Danny the chance to pay Jerrah back for stealing Joey Galloway from us a long time ago....lol

Remember..."I've got a long memory."

I don't know. We've gone with a youth movement on D and it appears to be working. Bringing in a knucklehead vet DT that would stifle Montgomery and Golston--I don't like the idea. Yeah, it would suck if Dallas signs him, but we can't control what they do. We have to do what's best for our own team. I don't know what kind of money Tank would even want, but we may not even be in a position to offer him as much as Dallas can right now. And given the loss of Ferguson, Dallas is a better fit for Tank anyway. Here, he'd probably be part of a rotation of guys because Golston and Montgomery are going to play, whereas in Dallas he'd be the man. Dallas is a better fit for him for other obvious reasons too. They're overdue for having a player arrested.

So are you saying we should sign Tank to keep him from the cowpokes??

Didn't we trade a 3rd rounder to the falcons to keep TJ Duckett from the iggles last year??

haha, if that's what really happened :) good point though.

I am on the bubble here. I truly believe that signing Tank would make the d-line better. He would draw double teams and allow Griff to make some plays.

Sign him for one year if at all possible!

I don't know. We've gone with a youth movement on D and it appears to be working. Bringing in a knucklehead vet DT that would stifle Montgomery and Golston--I don't like the idea. Yeah, it would suck if Dallas signs him, but we can't control what they do. We have to do what's best for our own team. I don't know what kind of money Tank would even want, but we may not even be in a position to offer him as much as Dallas can right now. And given the loss of Ferguson, Dallas is a better fit for Tank anyway. Here, he'd probably be part of a rotation of guys because Golston and Montgomery are going to play, whereas in Dallas he'd be the man. Dallas is a better fit for him for other obvious reasons too. They're overdue for having a player arrested.

Johnson's only 27 and he fits the redskins current policy of acquiring young, proven talent that have a lot of years left in them.

So are you saying we should sign Tank to keep him from the cowpokes??

Didn't we trade a 3rd rounder to the falcons to keep TJ Duckett from the iggles last year??

Yes we did. This is different. We wouldn't have to give up anything, plus DL is something we need to address, too.

As far as playing keep-a-way, do you really want our depleted O-Line to have to deal with Tank Johnson in the 2nd game and possibly the playoffs?

Every advantage helps.

Although a good player I'd be worried about the baggage that comes with Johnson. I say let him disrupt the Brokebacks lockeroom, then we can have a laugh at their masterstroke signing.

:dallasuck

You mean like TO is doing?

From what I hear Tank J. is a team guy in the locker room. His problems were off the field.

All I'm saying is signing him would've made sense.

Getting him would create more pressure on the qb without having to blitz an extra man, which would improve our pass D even more.

it would give our ends more room with which to make plays.

It addresses our most glaring offseason need.

It keeps him out of the pukes' hands and from using him to exploit OUR weakness.

If it pans out, we could just re-sign him and that's one less problem we have to address in the draft, freeing us up to focus on other areas.

Getting him would create more pressure on the qb without having to blitz an extra man, which would improve our pass D even more.

It keeps him out of the pukes' hands and from using him to exploit OUR weakness.

If it pans out, we could just re-sign him and that's one less problem we have to address in the draft, freeing us up to focus on other areas.

Montgomery has started 2 games. If we sign this guy he is still going to start AT LEAST till Tank sits out his suspension, then he has to prove he is in football shape. In that time how do you know that Montgomery wont develop, all the signs so far show him getting better. I don't think we need Tank now, nor did we need him before.

I would be more concerned about the right side of the OL than the DL at the moment.

Tank Johnson is not the best DT in football and is not in the top 10 DT of football, so why are people sweating this guy like he's freaking a young Warren Sapp. Tank played next to Tommie Harris, the Bears best D-Lineman over the past 4 years by far, and has been a FA since March, so why hasn't he been courted by any other teams if he's so great?

Griffin is superior to Tank Johnson, so please don't compare those two, and Montgomery has demanded more and more double teams as he continues to improve, so honestly Tank would be competing with Golston as the third DT. Dallass is in a desperate situation with Ferguson going down but Tank is not a 3-4 NT and will get pushed around without a heavy hitting DT playing next to him. If you still want Tank Johnson go watch the 1998 team yearbook and think of Dana Stubblefield, he was the NFL defensive player of the year lining up next to Bryant Young.

Archived