Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok we won....while were celebrating...(yes another tank johnson thread)

TheTotalPackage

Everyone is talking about tank johnson well I know how much we hate giving up draft pics but there is a rumor on fannation that miami is looking for a 1st round draft pick for jason taylor! http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl/

Now we know that we are still in need of a true pass rusher and miami has this guy on the trading block I say we go get him and start havoc in the backfield!

Now I just looked up jason's stats and a 1st round might be a little steep cause this is his 11th season so he's getting old some maybe a 2nd round

First, Tank Johnson is a bum. Tommie Harris made that Chicago defense and Johnson tagged along. Second, dude has to serve an 8 game suspension as soon as he is signed. WTF good is that. Taking up a roster spot for what?

Third, why on earth would we want this distraction on our team? Each week we'd have to hear about Tank this Tank that, screw him.

Tank Johnson is not the best DT in football and is not in the top 10 DT of football, so why are people sweating this guy like he's freaking a young Warren Sapp. Tank played next to Tommie Harris, the Bears best D-Lineman over the past 4 years by far, and has been a FA since March, so why hasn't he been courted by any other teams if he's so great?

Griffin is superior to Tank Johnson, so please don't compare those two, and Montgomery has demanded more and more double teams as he continues to improve, so honestly Tank would be competing with Golston as the third DT. Dallass is in a desperate situation with Ferguson going down but Tank is not a 3-4 NT and will get pushed around without a heavy hitting DT playing next to him. If you still want Tank Johnson go watch the 1998 team yearbook and think of Dana Stubblefield, he was the NFL defensive player of the year lining up next to Bryant Young.

:applause:

Thank you! Why can't people realize that there's a reason why we didn't go after Alan Branch, Ian Scott, Darwin Walker, Sam Adams, or any of those other DT draft prospects or FAs or tradeables available? Montgomery is going to turn out to be an absolute gem we got dirt cheap, and he's going to be the big space clogging monster that'll make everyone else on this DLine that much better!

Like you said also .. why the hell would Dallas sign Tank Johnson? He's not the type of lineman they're looking for, unless they plan on converting him into a 3-4 DE. In which case, he'll probably not produce nearly as much as he did for the Bears. Seems like Jerruh Jones has caught the Synder fever in playing Madden with his franchise! :laugh:

Dallas needs a NT for Phillips 3-4. Tank Johnson is not that guy. They may sign him, but they will not find a guy to replace Jason Ferguson (who was undersized in the first place). These guys are rare and there are none left in free agency.

As far as this team signing Tank? Seriously? Do you know what being high character means?

Let the Cowboys have him and we will run all over him. This guy cannot take up 2 blockers consistently.

Tank Johnson

Weight: 300 lbs.

The guy Wade Phillips was successful in his 3-4 with in San Diego:

Jamal Williams

Weight: 348 lbs.

Dallas is about to sign Tank Johnson.

See this pisses me off. We are 2 and 0 and I'm elated. However, we still have to address our issues on the line.

Our interior D-line is doing its job, but that's just it. Its the LBs and DBs that are generating the pressure and making the plays. We could definitely use another elite, disruptive force in the interior to complement Griffin and stuff the run even further.

It pisses me off because he was available all this time, but because of his past history, Gibbs and Co. passed. Now the cowboys are about to capitalize on yet another huge talent that we didn't want (think TO), use him to address one of their glaring weaknesses and get better, and which is a weakness that we could've exploited at that.

We are 2 and 0 but the east is a long way from being won, and we need all the advantages we can get.

I like how gibbs is building us back into contention. But I don't think we should keep sleeping on discarded talent like this...especially when they're young.

Did you ever think that maybe our coaches know something you don't?

Are sean taylor and fed smoot choirboys? Ill never root for the pukes but c'mon. Nobodys perfect. Would he help us win is the question.

You guys do understand he is serving an 8 game suspension and won't be helping anybody for another month and a half... Our DT are not worrisome to me. Our D has given up 1 TD in 2 games on a last 2nd gutsy call by the coach of Miami. IF it ain't broke, don't fix it

Dallas is about to sign Tank Johnson.

See this pisses me off. We are 2 and 0 and I'm elated. However, we still have to address our issues on the line.

Our interior D-line is doing its job, but that's just it. Its the LBs and DBs that are generating the pressure and making the plays. We could definitely use another elite, disruptive force in the interior to complement Griffin and stuff the run even further.

It pisses me off because he was available all this time, but because of his past history, Gibbs and Co. passed. Now the cowboys are about to capitalize on yet another huge talent that we didn't want (think TO), use him to address one of their glaring weaknesses and get better, and which is a weakness that we could've exploited at that.

We are 2 and 0 but the east is a long way from being won, and we need all the advantages we can get.

I like how gibbs is building us back into contention. But I don't think we should keep sleeping on discarded talent like this...especially when they're young.

Right Idea, wrong player, wrong position. We need a DE, not a DT. Our DT's are playing very well right now. However we had no LDE BEFORE Daneils went down. The question is more along the lines of; why didnt we get Rice?

Johnson is not the answer for this team.

We have a defense that is allowing only 12.5 points per game,

haven given up a touchdown in 6 Qtrs...and has not allowed a 100 yard rusher or reciever... have not given up one deep ball in 2 games and ...

people are still crying for outside saviors.....

Some redskins fans dont know how to enjoy success at all....

if it aint broke dont fix it...and right now its not broken by far...

for all those who came and said something about tank not being the right fit for a 3-4...thank you. you taught me something new. ditto for the tommie harris thing as well.

however, tank still IS a talent and i would think that if we were interested in kris jenkins over the summer, we would have some interest in bolstering the interior.

i hope montgomery pans out, stays injury free and does well for us.

STILL. i'm just SICK of all the talent that is out there that we pass on because of "character." issues. these players go to other teams, work out and make their owners/coaches look like geniuses for taking them on (see jerrah/belchick with owens/moss). meanwhile we're still looking for a WR. (don't bring up last night's game because it has only been one game)

Every team has a weakness. We don't have Dwight Freeny or Mathis or Taylor (Jason that is). We have Carter who has been getting pressure and has a sack. Our other guys Daniels and Evans are doing their job and Chris Wilson looked like he got some pressure as well. We're not studly at DE but our Tackles are big run stuffers. I wouldn't make a move at DT, I'd only make a move at End if there was someone that could help us. :2cents:

HTTR

This is a knee-jerk "JJ the GM" signing. This smacks of Dimitrius Underwood to me, I guy who was cut by the team who drafted him when they'd had enough of his stupidity, but a guy whom Jerrah thinks he can "fix". He's the smartest man/GM in the room, as long as the room is full of sock puppets.

Archived