Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Howard Eskin Says...

reggie_brown86

I saw Howard today at the Borgata in AC, where he usually does his show on Tuesdays. I just went up to him to say hi and he did seem preoccupied, having 2 cell phones working and probably none too pleased with the Skins shirt I was wearing. I decided to just leave (had to head back to DC anyway) and heard about 90 minutes of his show on the way back. A Redskins fan called in, citing that everyone who was calling today was just complaining about how poorly the Eagles played and no one was giving any credit to the Skins. Eskin conceded that the Skins have improved a little but was still harping on the game went the way it did because McNabb is still not himself (this was a familiar refrain from the hosts on WIP.....lot of anti-McNabb and anti-Reid sentiment). Another caller asked him about the "stone cold mortal lock," and he said it was a bad prediction and he didn't anticipate Philly playing as badly as they did.

My thoughts?

I disliked Howard Eskin 5 years ago, 3 years ago, last year, 6 months ago, last week, at kickoff of yesterday's game and right now. He's a joke.

He made the statement, not any of us.

Umm...

Howard Eskin is a genius. Come on, all of you idiot Skins know deep down that you're going to get your ass kicked tonight.

Also, don't forget who started this thread, clearly for the purpose of getting a rise out of us...

Howard Eskin is the GOD of philly sports talk radio. He has his haters but a lot of philly fans treat his words as prophecy. One of my philly friends has a bobblehead doll...raves about his mink coats etc... He got in some spouting match with TO last year mid-season on the radio and he literally could have run for mayor. He does this "MORTAL LOCK" thing all the time and is right about 50% of the time. I remember last year my buddy called me before the Jax game saying how Eskin said it was a lock and same goes with Tennessee. The guy if full of himself and anything Eagles. You'd think the Eagles were the Pats with all his yapping.

Everytime he's wrong there are nothing but excuses. If he is such a GOD i dont know why he doesnt see the flaws 2 days prior to them occurring....mcnabb being "hurt" or the defense being pisspoor....or the WR are just str8 garbage.

I love it. A philly fan starts the thread and then dissapears after the embarrasment. Its so typical. Atleast a few Eagle fans have come back to the forum.....and i stress a FEW.

Umm...

Also, don't forget who started this thread, clearly for the purpose of getting a rise out of us...

By "us" I meant the Eagles fans who come here more frequently than 5 days before a Skins game to talk trash. I guess I should realize that we're all the same to the gen pop of this board, but there is a difference to me.

Howard Eskin is the GOD of philly sports talk radio. He has his haters but a lot of philly fans treat his words as prophecy. One of my philly friends has a bobblehead doll...raves about his mink coats etc... He got in some spouting match with TO last year mid-season on the radio and he literally could have run for mayor. He does this "MORTAL LOCK" thing all the time and is right about 50% of the time. I remember last year my buddy called me before the Jax game saying how Eskin said it was a lock and same goes with Tennessee. The guy if full of himself and anything Eagles. You'd think the Eagles were the Pats with all his yapping.

Everytime he's wrong there are nothing but excuses. If he is such a GOD i dont know why he doesnt see the flaws 2 days prior to them occurring....mcnabb being "hurt" or the defense being pisspoor....or the WR are just str8 garbage.

I love it. A philly fan starts the thread and then dissapears after the embarrasment. Its so typical. Atleast a few Eagle fans have come back to the forum.....and i stress a FEW.

He is not a god to the overwhelming majority of Eagles fans. He is hated by most Eagles fans, almost all.

If you listen to his show, about 80% of his callers call to tell him how wrong he is or how much they hate him. That's of the people who actually choose to listen to him. Then there is the silent majority of Eagles fans who never turn in to WIP to begin with, or who listen to it as a form of psuedo-masochism, like myself.

He's basically the Howard Stern of Philly sports. He's got a small percentage of fans who listen to his show, and a much larger portion of people who detest him, and listen for that reason entirely.

I don't know. Something seems weird that I'm meant to answer to the words of a guy I despise because his show broadcasts out of the same city that my favorite football team plays in.

He is not a god to the overwhelming majority of Eagles fans. He is hated by most Eagles fans, almost all.

If you listen to his show, about 80% of his callers call to tell him how wrong he is or how much they hate him. That's of the people who actually choose to listen to him. Then there is the silent majority of Eagles fans who never turn in to WIP to begin with, or who listen to it as a form of psuedo-masochism, like myself.

He's basically the Howard Stern of Philly sports. He's got a small percentage of fans who listen to his show, and a much larger portion of people who detest him, and listen for that reason entirely.

I don't know. Something seems weird that I'm meant to answer to the words of a guy I despise because his show broadcasts out of the same city that my favorite football team plays in.

Well your better off :D for not listening to his garbage then i suppose. Its the dope that started this thread that should be mocked i guess.

Archived