Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TECMO.. The glory days!

Captain James

So I was just randomly playing the old NES game Tecmo Bowl while at work (3rd shift) and I decided to read the manual for the game... Washington has a freakin sweet ranking in the game:

"WASH.- Washington

This is an extremely well balanced and powerful team. They are aiming for the championship with a consistent game."

Now I know this game was made in 1988 but seriously.. we need to get back on top of the lists in the games of this generation. Lets go Skins! Here's to continued success throughout this season! :cheers:

HAIL!

Dude

Bo Jackson was so sweet in that game! You brought back memories. That game was the best!!!

Memories:

All day Saturday and Saturday night before the Sunday games in 89 and 90, my best friend and I would get together and coach 2 teams through the playoffs. I always picked the Lions. Although they sucked, Barry always had his runs.

What a great memory. Thanks for this thread!!!!

A bunch of friends and I used to do a Tecmo league for a few years. One of my friends discovered that if you had a nose tackle with a high enough rating (Seattle did), you could "dive" as soon as the play started and sack the QB 75-80% of the time....even shotgun formations if the QB wasn't quick.

Another friend used to make "game film" by videotaping games to spot things he might have missed.

We had a great time with Tecmo Super Bowl.....probably the most fun I've ever had playing a sports game. Oh, and I always used the Skins...even when we did the league, everybody knew to stay away from them on "draft" day.

All this talk about Bo Jackson and no mention of Walter Peyton in that game. Just as fast, and had 2 running plays. The Raiders had Allen and Jackson splitting the carries. The dumpoffs to Jackson were murderous, though.

Chicago was the best team. They had Willie Gault who was fast as hell. They had Dennis Gentry, who is the best kickoff returner in the game. Who remembers how F'n hard it was to return punts? I must have returned 1 for a touchdown my whole life...and I played that game hours on end. Singleterry was a fast SOB, not as fast as Lawrence Taylor, but good enough to dominate.

The Skins weren't fun to be. We ran the reverse which was suicide. Even if you caught the D off guard you'd be lucky to get 10 yards.

The thing about that game is that I'd keep putting in my codes so I could play the Raiders (with the Bears) for the Super Bowl. What a hell of a challenge that was. The further you got in to the season, the harder teams got. And the Raiders were right there with the Bears as the best team in the game.

Bo was a lot faster than Payton.

Tecmo Super Bowl was a much better game. You had 8 plays instead of 4, you could change your playbook, and it kept season stats.

:laugh: Maybe somebody should test out their 100 yard dashes in that game against the (really bad) cowpies. After playing that game wayyyy too much, you kind of understand the levels of speed. Payton was just as fast as Jackson in regular Tecmo Bowl. In Tecmo Super Bowl, Bo was the man.

The skins were an average team in the original techmo bowl. SF,LAR,NYG and Chi were the best. Techmo Super Bowl in 91 strait up rocked!:cheers:

I still have a working SNES and a copy of Tecmo Super Bowl hooked up to my TV. I play the game while I'm on the treadmill.

The tricks were to have a running back that wouldn't slow down too much by week five, have a really fast LOLB (for blocking FG/XP) and yeah, the Nose Tackle thing was brutal, though you could do it with the DE's too. Using the NT trick, the easiest team to play with was the Raiders because of Howie Long. It didn't matter that their running backs were Gaston Green and Steve Smith, Howie was there to back the other team up every play. I think I gave up a total of 50-60 points one entire season as the Raiders, and those were all on fumble returns or against teams that had a shotgun play.

Archived