Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade Coach for any other??

CliffBattles

What can I say, I don't share the sentiment of many on this board. I like Gibbs as a person, and he obviously has very strong values, but I think he has done a horrendous job as a coach over his second tenure year. There are definitely some other guys I would take instead of him. His legacy shouldn't buy him squat as far as the job he is currently doing is concerned. But anyway, this is moot for the rest of the year and not an option, so I do hope he proves me wrong.

I love Coach Gibbs, but yes there are other guys whom I'd rather have coaching the 'Skins.

I know he's getting a lot of flack for the whole cheating scandal, but Belicek is easily the leagues best coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I would also love to have Andy Reid as our coach.

Both of those guys have been helped by having the two best Front offices, IMO.

Thats another thing Gibbs needs to do, stop being the team president and hire a friggin' GM!!

"coffee is for closers" and reid hasnt proven that he can close. as to bellichick, or whatever his name is, its real easy to be better than everyone else when have information they dont. especially when you know their next move and they are oblivious to that fact. look the cheaters record before brady and all the cheating began. lets see what he does now that hes been busted.

at this point i wouldnt be surprised to hear that bellichick had someone laying big cash for him in vegas.

I love Coach Gibbs, but yes there are other guys whom I'd rather have coaching the 'Skins.

I know he's getting a lot of flack for the whole cheating scandal, but Belicek is easily the leagues best coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

I would also love to have Andy Reid as our coach.

Both of those guys have been helped by having the two best Front offices, IMO.

Thats another thing Gibbs needs to do, stop being the team president and hire a friggin' GM!!

maybe you should spell his name correctly if you want to jock him.

andy reid? what in the hell has he ever done? they are the buffalo bills of the NFC championship games. you are clearly out of your mind.

maybe you should spell his name correctly if you want to jock him.

andy reid? what in the hell has he ever done? they are the buffalo bills of the NFC championship games. you are clearly out of your mind.

Out of my mind, huh? Why don't you put actual stats of both coaches side by side since Gibbs has come back and lets see who has fared better. Reid and Belichick's records crush Gibbs win-loss record.

Let me ask you this? What the hell has has Gibbs done since he's come back. He barely one 6 games his first year, then he took that team to the playoffs a season later, only to digress and win only 5 games the next year. That is pathetic. I love Gibbs, but I thought he'd be able to keep Snyder out football decisions, which I do not think he has at all.

I do not condone what Belichick did, but I am also a realist. Even opposing football players say that the advantage gained through videotaping signals is very little. So, while, he may not have the integrity of Gibbs, he is ten times the better football coach right now.

My reason for liking Andy Reid is that his teams, regardless of injury, seem to always make the playoffs. We do not.

As it was before...it's going to be weird seeing anyone else on the sideline. Gibbs and the Redskins have become so synonomous, it's just not going to feel right.

No other coach speaks about his fans like JG does. He sincerely values us. And that means a ton to me.

It maybe a dumb thing to say, but I almost welcome average with Gibbs, than dominant with a jag-bag.

I'd give anything to see the old man get a Gatoraid bath one last time. I'd probably cry.

No. I would cry.

Out of my mind, huh? Why don't you put actual stats of both coaches side by side since Gibbs has come back and lets see who has fared better. Reid and Belichick's records crush Gibbs win-loss record.

Let me ask you this? What the hell has has Gibbs done since he's come back. He barely one 6 games his first year, then he took that team to the playoffs a season later, only to digress and win only 5 games the next year. That is pathetic. I love Gibbs, but I thought he'd be able to keep Snyder out football decisions, which I do not think he has at all.

I do not condone what Belichick did, but I am also a realist. Even opposing football players say that the advantage gained through videotaping signals is very little. So, while, he may not have the integrity of Gibbs, he is ten times the better football coach right now.

My reason for liking Andy Reid is that his teams, regardless of injury, seem to always make the playoffs. We do not.

lets do this. we will compare reid's first 2 seasons in philly with Gibb's first two since returning.

Gibbs 2004 6-10 with no post season

2005 10-6 with 1 post season vic

Reid 1999 5-11 with no post season

2000 11-5 with 1 post season vic.

does that one extra vic mean that much to you?

seems like for all the coaching that Reid does "regardless of injury" they cant seem to win the big game. and when they get there, they lose.

im not even going to get into bellichick since it is obvious he has been caught cheating and the depth of it is not known yet.

you are a skins fan right? you do know that joe has won as many rings as bellichick right and 3 more then reid right? are you aware of the legacy he has and the respect that he gets just for being who he is?

sure he hasnt been the best coach since he has been back, but look at all the changes he has made to get us back to finally getting a little bit of respect. we went from the cellar to the playoffs and got a ****ing victory in it in just his second year. with brunell of all people too!!

:2cents:

Would I trade Gibbs?

No, because he's Gibbs and because I grew up idolizing him and those teams. There is no coach in the universe that I'd rather see on the sidelines than Joe, period.

But I must admit, that is a 100% purely emotional response. It's just in my Redskins blood.

Do I think Joe Gibbs is currently the best coach in the NFL? No.

While the "videogate" thing will tarnish Bilicheck to a certain extent, it doesn't tarnish it much in my eyes-- bottom line, even w/o his "cheating" I think he has three rings, which is incredibly impressive. I DO believe that everyone tries to steal signs-- I just think the Pats added the technology to the mix, which breaks an written and unwritten rule.

But the one guy who deserves mention but always gets overlooked is Fisher in Tennessee. That guy was the coach during the tumultuous move from Houston to Memphis to Nashville. And at times, he has gotten little help from the front office-- the Titans have been in cap trouble several times and rarely make any major FA moves. Yet, he was wildly successful with that team in the late 90's and early 2000's and despite having his roster gutted once again, the Titans are far from a pushover.

If Gibbs retired and we had a choice between Cohwer and Fisher, I'd take Fisher.

JC-- I don't think Gibbs would sign it. He may come back next year, but I have NO doubt that it's over for him after that-- by his own choice.

There have been times over the past three years that I thought Joe was actually going to die on the sidelines. He was always a bit of a nervous sort, but is mannerisms on the sidelines during the Gibbs II era have been painful to watch at times. In the old days, Gibbs would kneel or stare during a tense moment. Now, he walks back from the sidelines, kneels and bows his head. It's odd. I do think he has lost a certain confidence or edge-- by his own admission, he coached "scared of making a mistake" in OT last week. Gibbs was conservative in his first go round, but now he's paranoid. His blood pressure must be through the roof.

Gibbs stays until he wants to retire, others have said it best but it bears repeating: Gibbs is class on the field and off it unlike a former pukes coach (Parcells). When he does get that next gatorade bath I will be crying my eyes out. As for other coaches, the hoody has always been a cheating rectal tear, Andy Reid went to the Marv Levy school of choking, I mean coaching. Gibbs is the man here! Everyone who wants another coach do you realize that the rumors were Ray Rhodes or Jim Fassel after the Ol' Ballcoach left?

Coach Gibbs is the Washington Redskins' Coach for Life, just like Marion Barry is Washington's Mayor for Life. No character similarities of course. It it simply the legacy that they have for unifying a city and success. The posts on this thread would indicate to me that many ES'ers do understand Daniel Snyder. Coach Gibbs was the coach of his childhood, as well. He went out and got the one man that could reestablish the Redskins legacy and proud history. Although he is overzealous with bringing in FA and constructing all star teams, it is simply because when he dreams of the Redskins he goes back to the Gibbs I era and he tries to duplicate, Riggo, Monk, Clark, Sanders, Rypien, Theismann, Mann, Manley, Green, Marshall, Mitchell, Washington, Didier, Warren, Butz, Olkewicz, Coleman, Milot, McLinton, Jacoby, Lachey, Grimm, May, Bostic, all stars in their own right. Will we ever be able to draft players of this caliber ever again? Probably, but I am sure Mr. Snyder believed that it was taking too long and wanted to use his resources to speed up the process. You cannot blame him for wanting a winner. Dan Snyder got us Joe Gibbs for Round 2. Credit where credit is deserved. If you all admire JG so much, then Dan Snyder must be doing something right. Is this good logic? Do you agree?

]']No' date=' not really. There's only one other future HOFer, Bellichick, and he's a jerk. Dungy is good in the long run, but if you meant right now, no.

If this was pre-Saunders, I'd want Martz running the O. But now that Saunders has over a year in our system, we should do wel.[/quote']

i dont think bellichick gets in. not after this. i think there is a lot more to this scandal and that football insiders know more than we do.

at the absolute minimum bellichick admitting that he/they cheated makes every game hes coached suspect. INCLUDING superbowls.

think of it like this. if you find out your girl cheated on you, even if it wasnt "all the way" and she promised not to do it again you would never fully trust her again. you might even begin to remember things from the past that may have seemed only mildly odd at the time but now, in a new light, seem very, well, suspect.

Archived